Thread: Ldl

Commando_Barbi is offline AR's Arresting Angel Vet

Ldl

Had my 5 yr physical and the doctor said my LDL cholesteral was too high.

If I'm eating clean wtf is causing this?????? Swole.....any suggestions? I'm basically following the plan you designed for me....

She did say that it could be genetic and I might have to go on meds to bring it down.

My Good cholesteral was 75 which she said was awesome.
    1. Once a cheat always a cheat!
    2. YES, SHE can get pregnant the first time!
    3. NO, PULLING out IS NOT a RELIABLE method of Birth Control. DAMMMMIT..... Wrap that shyte UP!!

Women over 30 are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot you, if they think they can get away with it.

For all those men who say, "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free". Here's an update for you. Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage, why? Because women realize it's not worth buying an entire Pig, just to get a little sausage.

What the mind can conceive....the body will achieve!

angelxterminator is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Commando_Barbi
    Had my 5 yr physical and the doctor said my LDL cholesteral was too high.

If I'm eating clean wtf is causing this?????? Swole.....any suggestions? I'm basically following the plan you designed for me....

She did say that it could be genetic and I might have to go on meds to bring it down.

My Good cholesteral was 75 which she said was awesome.
    if your asking swole why not just PM him?

TheChosenOne is offline Anabolic Member
    My suggestions for supps to lower LDL are garlic, red yeast rice, 5-10 oz red wine, niacin.

Foods: almonds, olive oil, garlic, oat bran, beans (kidney, pintos, black, navy, etc.), onions, fatty fish, and flax seed. Blueberries (thought to act as statins) soy protein fruits and veggies.

Keep in mind you are probably taking in a great deal of cholesterol being that each meal contains some form of meat protein source. You arent going to get cholesterol from plant sources so unless you have a genetic disposition to cholesterol production it is likely from high sat/trans fat intake or dietary cholesterol.

Smoking is also a leading cause of high LDL so obviously if you smoke then quit.

If you are concerned about cholesterol build up and therefore MI, I would recommend you could also try to thin your blood with 81mg Aspirin, 400iu Vit E, Red wine, and Selenium.

Check out the general health section over at AM I have a number of heart healthy posts there if you want more overall info.

slizzut is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne
    My suggestions for supps to lower LDL are garlic, red yeast rice, 5-10 oz red wine, niacin.

Foods: almonds, olive oil, garlic, oat bran, beans (kidney, pintos, black, navy, etc.), onions, fatty fish, and flax seed. Blueberries (thought to act as statins) soy protein fruits and veggies.

Keep in mind you are probably taking in a great deal of cholesterol being that each meal contains some form of meat protein source. You arent going to get cholesterol from plant sources so unless you have a genetic disposition to cholesterol production it is likely from high sat/trans fat intake or dietary cholesterol.

Smoking is also a leading cause of high LDL so obviously if you smoke then quit.

If you are concerned about cholesterol build up and therefore MI, I would recommend you could also try to thin your blood with 81mg Aspirin, 400iu Vit E, Red wine, and Selenium.

Check out the general health section over at AM I have a number of heart healthy posts there if you want more overall info.

**** bro you're right on..

bor
    bor is offline D-bol Poppin'
    I think its the fat from all the meat we all have

bor
    TheCO already covered that, didn't notice it

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    You aren't under my tutelage, and what I designed for you was well over 2 years ago. My programs have not only changed, but the point is that I don't know WHAT you are using for your macro sources, most notably fat and meats. It has nothing to do w/what I designed.

In addition, at your age, you'd have a propensity for any genetic inheritences to surface, so it may be something that is NOT caused by diet, as your body produces it's own cholesterol. Some who eat nothing BUT unsaturated fats and have an extremely healthy diet, are still in need of medications as that is the only way to counter-act the genetic pre-disposition.

~SC~

bor
    Hence the non smokers that get lung cancer

OK OK sorry

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    You aren't under my tutelage, and what I designed for you was well over 2 years ago. My programs have not only changed, but the point is that I don't know WHAT you are using for your macro sources, most notably fat and meats. It has nothing to do w/what I designed.

In addition, at your age, you'd have a propensity for any genetic inheritences to surface, so it may be something that is NOT caused by diet, as your body produces it's own cholesterol. Some who eat nothing BUT unsaturated fats and have an extremely healthy diet, are still in need of medications as that is the only way to counter-act the genetic pre-disposition.

~SC~
    3. NO, PULLING out IS NOT a RELIABLE method of Birth Control. DAMMMMIT..... Wrap that shyte UP!!

Women over 30 are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot you, if they think they can get away with it.

For all those men who say, "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free". Here's an update for you. Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage, why? Because women realize it's not worth buying an entire Pig, just to get a little sausage.

Thanks for your response.......I'll check out the other info as well .
    I don't smoke (GROSS) so that isn't it. Im guessing it's the meat and genetics. I certainly wasn't blaming my current eating program.....just the opposite. I am so careful I was suprised by the numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne

Thread Information