raytnorman is offline New Member

Midnight snacks!!! Please Help

Hey guys I’m trying to get my diet in check (trying to loose the gut). I have a problem with waking up in the middle of the night and eating up my roommates Ritz crackers and peanut butter. Are there any suggestions of midnight snacks that I won’t feel as guilty about.

Also is salmon a good substitute for tuna? (getting kind of tired of it) and how do you guys feel about fat free Jello?

cdogge is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by raytnorman
    Hey guys I’m trying to get my diet in check (trying to loose the gut). I have a problem with waking up in the middle of the night and eating up my roommates Ritz crackers and peanut butter. Are there any suggestions of midnight snacks that I won’t feel as guilty about.

Also is salmon a good substitute for tuna? (getting kind of tired of it) and how do you guys feel about fat free Jello?
    Don't eat crackers...especially at night...carbs out the ass..also don't eat the jello way too much sugar..unless you can find some that is sweetened with splenda or something...I am pretty sure salmon is good for you...but nothing takes the place of tuna...I would eat a protein shake with some flax seed oil or fish oil before you go to bed..that way you won't wake up...also I eat some low fat cottage cheese..but some people don't like that idea

dr.shred is offline Senior Member
    also I eat some low fat cottage cheese..but some people don't like that idea[/QUOTE]

ya the cottage cheese tends to make you look softer although it is only evident if someone is of lower bf to begin with.

-SHRED

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Check out the recipe I posted in the diet forum. I have the same problem with waking up and pillaging the fridge, haha
    abstrack@protonmail.com

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    That's funny, I used to eat Ritz and PB late at night too when I had cravings.

Cottage cheese is a far better choice for sure!

~SC~

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I tried to do the cottage cheese thing and for some reason I just cant stomach the shit. I even tried to add fruit which kind of defetes the purpose when cutting but damm that shit is nasty.
    abstrack@protonmail.com

MatrixGuy is offline Good things come to those who wait
    I would go with cottage cheese or a protein shake

SHAOKAHN is offline Member
    What about milk? I know its got the right type of slow digesting protien, but it does have sugars. Too much?

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by abstrack
    I tried to do the cottage cheese thing and for some reason I just cant stomach the shit. I even tried to add fruit which kind of defetes the purpose when cutting but damm that shit is nasty.
    For real? Man, it's all I can do to not eat that sh*t by the tub.

I'm bulking now, so that's like my best friend.

~SC~

MatrixGuy is offline Good things come to those who wait
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    For real? Man, it's all I can do to not eat that sh*t by the tub.

I'm bulking now, so that's like my best friend.

~SC~
    Do you get plain cottage cheese? I use to love having cottage cheese and pineapple, mmmmmm, but i guess thats not allowed. Shame.

cdogge is offline Associate Member
    yeah for some reason I love the shit out of some cottage cheese...I eat about half a cup before i go to bed at night to get that long lasting protein...And i don't wake up hungry

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    I love cottage cheese with a spoonfull of apple sauce... mmmmm.... think I'm gonna go have me some right now.

Duke of Earl is offline Senior Member
    I go for an egg white / casein shake before bed - seems to do the trick

co2boi is offline Anabolic Member
    If you don't like cottage cheese, then get some organic nutts, like Almonds. You can east a couple of handfuls and they are filling, but for some reason the calories are processed differently and have little to no impact on weight. I like to make a protein shake and eat some cottage cheese or just throw the cheese in the shake.

You should be able to buy pounds and pounds of fresh nutts at your local farmers market for a good price.

alphaman is offline Member
    I've had the same problem b4, and it helps to eat a slow digesting meal b4 bed(pro/fat). Cottage cheese would be a perfect choice for you.

co2boi is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by alphaman
    I've had the same problem b4, and it helps to eat a slow digesting meal b4 bed(pro/fat). Cottage cheese would be a perfect choice for you.
    I do that most nights, but when I do eat before bed, never fails, I wake up around 2:00 am starving. So of course I have to go eat again, which is a good thing

Flex2winny is offline Associate Member
    Cottage cheese makes you look soft????? Puhhleeezee.....I eat it every night before bed with about 30 almonds!! That''ll fill your tank!

IronFreakX is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Flex2winny
    Cottage cheese makes you look soft????? Puhhleeezee.....I eat it every night before bed with about 30 almonds!! That''ll fill your tank!
    yes it does...ne dairy makes u look soft..

For the original question...if some1 wakes up late at nite...they shouldnt eat nething..maybe diet-jello , popsicles etc...nething wether protein , salmon , tuna , etc.....will be stored as bf...unless u have it as part of ur diet...

The Dynasty is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IronFreakX
    For the original question...if some1 wakes up late at nite...they shouldnt eat nething..maybe diet-jello , popsicles etc...nething wether protein , salmon , tuna , etc.....will be stored as bf...unless u have it as part of ur diet...
    I'm going to have to disagree with you there, bro.

As long as he keeps it a protein/fat meal, he'll be all set. I've been on a strict cut and eating a pro/fat meal in the middle of the night (I do it on occassions) has not hindered my progress at all. I've CONTINUED to improve my look.

IronFreakX is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dynasty
    I'm going to have to disagree with you there, bro.

As long as he keeps it a protein/fat meal, he'll be all set. I've been on a strict cut and eating a pro/fat meal in the middle of the night (I do it on occassions) has not hindered my progress at all. I've CONTINUED to improve my look.
    Like Metallica said" and nothing else matters..." as long as it works for u

im speaking out of my own experience.....cuz 1 meal...a can of tuna and a tbs or 2 of olive oil is around 400 cals...

Quote Originally Posted by IronFreakX
    yes it does...ne dairy makes u look soft..

MIGHT MAKE you LOOK FAT or maybe it's the cc you use...........I stay pretty damn ripped on it...........and I eat about 500g a day

any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by dr.shred
    also I eat some low fat cottage cheese..but some people don't like that idea
    ya the cottage cheese tends to make you look softer although it is only evident if someone is of lower bf to begin with.

-SHRED[/QUOTE]
    is it the sodium???? if so, go with dry curd...hands down, best form....

Thread Information