Hypertrophy is offline Senior Member

Oatmeal & Sugar?

Goal: Clean Bulk Diet
    I just competed this weekend and want to start a clean bulk diet so the torture of my next contest diet will be easier, so;
    My only concern is breakfast. I like oatmeal, so here are my two choices:
    100% Rolled Oats and add some raisans or
    Flavored Oatmeal Packets?
    The raisans have a ton more sugar, but since it is raisans does that mean it is bad? I know that plain oats would be the best, but for those who have competed, my life needs a little spice in it!!!
    Thanks for your opinions.

MatrixGuy is offline Good things come to those who wait
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypertrophy
    Goal: Clean Bulk Diet
    I just competed this weekend and want to start a clean bulk diet so the torture of my next contest diet will be easier, so;
    My only concern is breakfast. I like oatmeal, so here are my two choices:
    100% Rolled Oats and add some raisans or
    Flavored Oatmeal Packets?
    The raisans have a ton more sugar, but since it is raisans does that mean it is bad? I know that plain oats would be the best, but for those who have competed, my life needs a little spice in it!!!
    Thanks for your opinions.
    Go with 100% rolled oats bro, much better for you. The flavoured packet stuff is full of sh*t and sugar.
    I mix my oats with water, cook, sprinkle a few raisins on and some splenda. Am going to try adding cinnamon too.

Deezuhl is offline Anabolic Member
    best thing to do is pick a fruit you like.. i use peaches or blueberries.. add 5 packets splenda and microwave 2 minutes and stir.. tatses like candy..

Here is what my breakfast will be:
    3/4 cup of Rolled Oats & 1/2 cup of Raisans: 102 g CHO
    1 cup of egg whites mixed with 1 can of tuna: 57 g Pro
    If I gain unwanted bodyfat, I will replace my sugarish carbs (the raisasns) with more plain oats.
    Any more opinions on the raisans are welcomed. . .
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hypertrophy
    Here is what my breakfast will be:
    3/4 cup of Rolled Oats & 1/2 cup of Raisans: 102 g CHO
    1 cup of egg whites mixed with 1 can of tuna: 57 g Pro
    If I gain unwanted bodyfat, I will replace my sugarish carbs (the raisasns) with more plain oats.
    Any more opinions on the raisans are welcomed. . .
    Thanks
    Too many raisins IMO. I couldn't stand tuna for breakfast.. urgghh. Why not just have egg whites?

Quote Originally Posted by MatrixGuy
    Too many raisins IMO. I couldn't stand tuna for breakfast.. urgghh. Why not just have egg whites?
    That's true, might cut back the raisins and add some more oats to compensate for the Carbs. Egg whites are too expensive. For me to get my macro's, it is $2.00 every breakfast. Using only half that and 1 can of tuna, I can get close to the same macro's and save about 60 cents. That's alot when you eat the same thing everyday. That's like 220 bucks a year
    Besides, the tuna mixed in with the egg whites are actually good tasting to me.

4U2NV is offline Associate Member
    Why not try mixing in some chocalte whey powder in with your oats. It taste like "no bake cookies" and you still can get your macros.

Quote Originally Posted by 4U2NV
    Why not try mixing in some chocalte whey powder in with your oats. It taste like "no bake cookies" and you still can get your macros.
    It's better to get your protein from whole food sources than protein powder.
    I think tuna and egg whites are very cheap. Do you live in a no fish zone bro?

4U2NV is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MatrixGuy
    It's better to get your protein from whole food sources than protein powder.
    I think tuna and egg whites are very cheap. Do you live in a no fish zone bro?
    I agree protein from those two sources have a much greater biological value. However Hypertrophy siad he was trying to get a little taste back into his diet and I thought it was a good possilbity.

HOLLYWOOD is offline Senior Member
    try your oats with some cinnamon! i eat my oats this way and actually i eat them cold, you get used to it, and it's worked great for me im in the same boat, very very clean bulk

Thread Information