RYNO is offline Junior Member

Cutting Sticky, R-ALA, and Ketosis

Hello Bros - I am currently following the cutting sticky with good results. I am down from 234 to about 217 (12% bf). Anyway, my question is this: While the cutting sticky is not a keto diet, I have read about people taking R-ALA with around 100-150 carbs/day and staying in ketosis. Swole and Rambo recommend R-ALA as a supplement in the sticky but are opposed to keto diets. Assuming that R-ALA can put one into ketosis on the 100-150 carbs/day (recommended by sticky), would this be beneficial, or would it be an easy way to start losing muscle. Anyone follow me? Swole?

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    There is no way to eat 100+ grams of carbs per day and get/remain in ketosis.
    Doesn't matter how much r-ala you take, that still ain't gonna happen.

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    There is no way to eat 100+ grams of carbs per day and get/remain in ketosis.
    Doesn't matter how much r-ala you take, that still ain't gonna happen.

~SC~
    Interesting, these people were claiming to be in ketosis according to the ketonix strips. Aside from this, what do you think of R-ALA as a cutting supplement Swole? I try and minimize my supplement consumption to the ones that are known to work.

CAPS.......

Quote Originally Posted by RYNO
    Interesting, these people were claiming to be in ketosis according to the ketonix strips.

WHO ARE "THESE PEOPLE"??

Aside from this, what do you think of R-ALA as a cutting supplement Swole?

IT'S DECENT, YES, BUT NOT MAGIC. REGULAR ALA DOES THE SAME THING, AND IN MANY INSTANCES, IS FAR MORE STABLE A PRODUCT.

I try and minimize my supplement consumption to the ones that are known to work.
    IT ONLY WORKS IF YOUR DIETARY APPROACH SUPPORTS THE ALA USAGE. ONE CANNOT EAT PIZZA AND TAKE ALA/R-ALA AND EXPECT IT TO WORK MIRACLES.

I'VE TRIED THAT ALREADY.

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    CAPS.......

IT ONLY WORKS IF YOUR DIETARY APPROACH SUPPORTS THE ALA USAGE. ONE CANNOT EAT PIZZA AND TAKE ALA/R-ALA AND EXPECT IT TO WORK MIRACLES.

I'VE TRIED THAT ALREADY.

~SC~
    Just some jokers over at Elite (yeak, I know )

My diet is on point right now - down 14-17 lbs in 4 weeks. Question though, I have only cheated once because I was thinking about it this way: If one takes in 500 K below maintenance per day, then on a cheat day, takes in 1500 over this amount whatever it may be, wouldn't this cut your weight loss in half, or are there other variables I am missing?

StoneGRMI is offline Giggity Giggity Giggty!
    Blog Entries
    Since its a cheat day that only comes once in a while (for me its once a week usually) your metabolism should be running so fast that the extra (1500 cals) will just be passed and won't affect you too much besides water weight for a day or two.

Quote Originally Posted by StoneGRMI
    Since its a cheat day that only comes once in a while (for me its once a week usually) your metabolism should be running so fast that the extra (1500 cals) will just be passed and won't affect you too much besides water weight for a day or two.
    Wouldn't your metabolism be slower while dieting to adapt to the decreased calories intake.

RoNNy THe BuLL is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RYNO
    Wouldn't your metabolism be slower while dieting to adapt to the decreased calories intake.
    This is where Cheat days become your best friend. The surplus of calories kicks your metabolism into high gear, kinda resetting the switch per say. The leaner you are, the more often you can cheat to continue to make gains and progress fat loss.

T-Mag did a big article called "Cheat To Win". As shitty as that site is, it still has some decent articles and theories.

Quote Originally Posted by RoNNy THe BuLL
    This is where Cheat days become your best friend. The surplus of calories kicks your metabolism into high gear, kinda resetting the switch per say. The leaner you are, the more often you can cheat to continue to make gains and progress fat loss.

T-Mag did a big article called "Cheat To Win". As shitty as that site is, it still has some decent articles and theories.
    Thanks bro - does cheating mean you can eat really shitty foods, like burgers, fries, pizza, etc..., or does it mean to eat clean but more calories than normal?

You can do either one, sure, but keep an eye on how progress is the rest of the week depending on the kind of cheat days you have.

I either have a clean carb re-feed day (lots of pasta w/no or low-fat sauces w/clean protein) which is like cheating in and of itself, or I have one all out cheat meal like Jack In the Box or something like that, then eat clean the rest of the day. Eating pure shit all day I do believe can get many into trouble, yes.

~SC~

Thread Information