LionsGate is offline Associate Member

not enough food?

i have a quick question for you guys to settle and argument between a fat friend and i. he says he has been eating just 3 medium size meals a day and been losing "weight". hes doing am cardio and weights in the day and i was wondering how this would effect the body with this kind of thinking? any advice would be great. thanks

305GUY is offline Anabolic Member
    Theres really nothig so wrong with eating 3 medium size meals a day. it is very possible for someone to lose weight doing so, especially if they used to eat unhealthy and now eat clean.. however, its best for the metabolism to have around 6 smaller meals. how muscular is he cause that changes things also?.

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    well he is losing weight probally because he has cut calories and his body is not use to it also he is doing Am cardio which does result in weight lose if he has never done an exercise program before and he just gets up one day and starts exercise and alters his diet he will lose weight but the results will soon be haltered do to under feeding most likely , i have a friend that does this and his phyique hasnt changed i two yrs no weight gain or lose he always stays the same...

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    I recommend getting him a small troph, tie it around his neck. That way he can graze all day long..

hes been in n out of the gym for a couple years now. gets motivated then loses it.

so if he keeps that diet hes on now it will stop all progress to lose weight? how is that?

Quote Originally Posted by TheUglyOne
    hes been in n out of the gym for a couple years now. gets motivated then loses it.

so if he keeps that diet hes on now it will stop all progress to lose weight? how is that?
    his body will adapt and his metabolisim will slow, it is just better to eat 6 smaller meals a day to because you want to keep your body churning the macros constantly so it never really stops burning

true, i knew it was good for the metabolism, and told him that. i just didnt know the details. his thinking is just cutting way back on calories will help him also. i know that is not right but due to energy levels but what other reasons can i tell him?

Dude look at the cutting stick and print it out and ake some copies and give it to all you know, that will answer most of your questions, but to answer this i would say that he is risking going catabolic only eating three times a day of course you would have to post his diet time of workout and time of ed for me to get a better idea

Tazwell is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by steve0
    his body will adapt and his metabolisim will slow, it is just better to eat 6 smaller meals a day to because you want to keep your body churning the macros constantly so it never really stops burning
    i agree, and if he is like most un-informed people he will try to eat even less to loose more weight..
    he should eat more, just tell him he will lose fat as long as he's using more calories than he's eating.

bor
    bor is offline D-bol Poppin'
    Losing weight is not the same thing as losing fat!

Thread Information