JNel04 is offline Associate Member

Physical Activity & Burning Calories

i'm always trying to bulk up (extreme ecto) and eating as much good/clean food as i can. normally i take in 3000-3500 calories a day. but i was thinkin on my workout out days or if i'm doin some intense physical activity how much more should i be eatin. i read that for hard physical activity you burn about 10 calories a min. if this is true i usually work out for 90 min so i burn almost 1000 calories just workin out. so really i'm only takin in about 2000-2500 calories on a workout day. my question is when doing strenous activities such as working out should i be trying to take in more like 4500 calories a day?

timtim is offline Member
    calories burned while lifting aren't as high as you think. i'd be shocked if you burned 1000 calories in a 90 minute workout. there are calculators to help with this stuff.

look up the harris benedict formula, do a search here. should help. just to add, the calculator s completely wrong for my body type and caloric need but most here swear by it. give it a look.

bor
    bor is offline D-bol Poppin'
    Quote Originally Posted by JNel04
    i'm always trying to bulk up (extreme ecto) and eating as much good/clean food as i can
    If its so har dfor you to gain weight consider not eating that clean, that will give you more calories...

And what do you mean by physical activity - the gym, or something else? Because weight training doesn't burn a lot of calories at all...

Quote Originally Posted by bor
    If its so har dfor you to gain weight consider not eating that clean, that will give you more calories...

And what do you mean by physical activity - the gym, or something else? Because weight training doesn't burn a lot of calories at all...
    i mean the gym for the most part. i just try to cut back on the fastfood, pizza, and etc. i still usually eat it a couple times of week, but not as much as i used to. so u think for an ecto its alrite to eat more of the junky food as compared to an mesmo or endomesmo? i understand the concept of the whole metabolism thing but why is it that an ecto wont store as much fat when eating fatty foods as compared to the other body types?

bor
    bor is offline D-bol Poppin'
    Because your metabolisam burns more calories while your body just sits around, so you need even more of them to be in a surplus and build/maintain muscle mass

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    3000-3500 for an extreme endo is nothing. You need to be eating way more than that if you want to grow. You need to be putting away 5,000 cals at least.

G-Force is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Giantz11
    3000-3500 for an extreme endo is nothing. You need to be eating way more than that if you want to grow. You need to be putting away 5,000 cals at least.
    yup
    what giantz said

5000 cals is a lot. between work and school i am not able to fit in my meals every 2-3 hrs. meal replacements or weightgainer to help up the cals when i cant get a "real" meal to up the cals?

Not ideal for certain, but you ain't going no where with 3,500 cals a day. You need to shoot for at least 5,000 and then see if you can gain. Milk should become your new best friend.

bolin is offline Associate Member
    Just one word..... WEIGHT GAINER.... some of them have 900cals per serving.....take it 3 times a day.... thats 2700 protein just from the supplement. you only need 2300 more to make 5000.... you can get them in 3 meals

yea i kno rite now at 3500 cals i've just been maintaining my weight. i'll prolly throw in the weight gainers but i wanna eat as much solid foods as possible. and especially rite now w/ my pct starting i really need to up the calories.

hey Giantz i ended up gettin the lean extreme (ordered it today)...i assume its better to start it a lil later than never, rite.

Yeah for sure.

Hackamaniac is offline King Without a Crown ~
    Quote Originally Posted by bolin
    Just one word..... WEIGHT GAINER.... some of them have 900cals per serving.....take it 3 times a day.... thats 2700 protein just from the supplement. you only need 2300 more to make 5000.... you can get them in 3 meals
    a valid point

Michael Bolton?

Thread Information