palme is offline Rosie Member

The owner at my gym

says that if you use milk in your protein drinks they dont become pure protein drinks, but more like a gainer...he says you should use water instead.
    Ive tryed it once and it didnt taste good

KeyMastur is offline VET
    Dude, do whatever tastes good. For me, I use Minute Maid Fruit Punch (buy the big 2 gallon jug) to mix with my Met-Rx. Milk adds more protein, and depending on the type of milk, adds fat.

Padawan is offline Associate Member
    I used to use milk, but the resulting drink was to thick, and made me feel like I was drinking cement. I use water or gatorade now.

Buddha_Red is offline Senior Member
    Isnt it true that if you have alot of dairy it can hinder absorbsion of vitamins?

I have heard about this but i do not have any medical info to back it up.

I mix mine with water and chug it. i have never been the "lets sip shakes kind" hehe

voodoo12 is offline New Member
    depends what you mix, full fat milk or soy and yeah its a fat gainer, hehe
    (depends how much u drink) i had protien shakes with soy and i really put on the pounds. water for me doesnt taste as good as milk, but i cant take milk cause i think im becomeing lactose intolerant, milk churns my gut straight away. always go for skim low fat milk.

Exocet is offline Associate Member
    A little off-topic, but have any of you guys ever left a little bit of protein shake in the bottom of the glass for a few hours? That shit turns SOLID! I had a nice little chocolate puck pop out when I tipped the glass upsidedown..

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    Exocet...nice avatar bro. Are you a pilot? That's a sweet ass F18 behind you bro!!

I find when I mix my protein with milk it's fills me or bloats me, not bad if it's neccesary to use it as a meal replacement, but for the most part I'll use water.

superbeast is offline Member
    Milk is fattening and makes your skin look thick. I don't use any dairy products. I think they taste better with water anyway. Milk makes them too thick.

woodsy169 is offline Associate Member
    Hell no! Water makes them taste like crap! I mix mine with skim milk and ice in a blender...also with some natural pb...I like to enjoy my shakes, not have to choke them down!!

wonderful world of oz,where juice is free,plentiful,sterile, and not toxic to the liver
    I dont use milk either. I like the taste better with milk but hell,im a bodybuilder not a food connoisseur.

firedup is offline Junior Member
    sometimes you just gotta take it like a man.
    after a while you won't even notice the taste with the water.

superbeast is offline Member
    Originally posted by st82hellnbak
    I dont use milk either. I like the taste better with milk but hell,im a bodybuilder not a food connoisseur.
    Exactly! I don't eat things because of how they taste, I eat them for what they can do for my body.

After a while, you don't know what tastes good and what doesn't!

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    Water, Water, Water
    I've been mixing water in mine for so long that I think milk tastes pretty nasty. Aquire the taste of water and everything turns out good

williampowers is offline Junior Member
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by Pheedno
    Water, Water, Water
    I've been mixing water in mine for so long that I think milk tastes pretty nasty. Aquire the taste of water and everything turns out good

I use Isopure Vanilla which is great with water and it's 50g of protein for only 32.00

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    Originally posted by williampowers

I use Isopure Vanilla which is great with water and it's 50g of protein for only 32.00 [/B]
    You might want to get yourself a different kind of protein for other parts of the day besides post workout. Isopure is 100% whey isolate, it absorbs in the body very quickly which is awsome for post workout(Isopure is what I use as well). But for the other parts of the day, especially before bed, I use Optimum Pro Blend for a blend of proteins to release slower into the body. Just a thought

alevok Guest
    depends on your goal, if you wanna bulk up, then milk would be a better choice, but if you are cutting down then go with water

Lift2Live is offline New Member
    i use milk when bulking and water when cutting

NightOp is offline Member
    Milk is a much slower absorbed source of protein (it contains casienate or however you spell it) and is great for non pre/post workout (because pre/post you want faster absorbed protein like whey)...

About the milk being fattening... drink skim instead...

and about too much dairy messing with vitamin levels... I'm almost positive that this the topic of calcium.. which can inhibit zinc and other minerals/vitamins from ideal utilization when taken together... that's why I take my vitamins with non-dairy containing meal and with lots of natural peanut butter for those fat-soluable vitamins.... JMO

sbarr93033 is offline New Member
    Hey I know I'm a rook but, I take TWINLAB SUPER WHEY ISOLATE PROTEIN! mix with 2oz. of water chug it! UMMMMMM GOOD

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Thanks for all the great answers, ive stared to use water in my shakes now, dosent taste all that good but ill live

Dr. Derek is offline Member
    It all depends on what your goals are.

primodonna is offline Female Member
    If "tasting good" was a prerequisite for things I ate, I would weigh 500 lbs and would own Pizza Hut and Hostess

Originally posted by Pheedno
    Aquire the taste of water and everything turns out good
    Well said

Thread Information