Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By SlimmerMe
  • 1 Post By N1Ckos

Thread: Critique the Diet of a teenager

N1Ckos is offline New Member

Critique the Diet of a teenager

Okay so as the title suggests I want a review of my diet.I am a 17 year old male weighing 73 kg at a height of 181 cm . I have been working out consistently for a year and I have seen solid gains (gained about 10 kg most of it being muscle) while staying under 15% bodyfat (I have visible striations on my upper chest , obliques , serratus being visible) but during spring I tried to cut (the cut lasted only 2 weeks lol because I later found out that a caloric deficit may stunt growth at teenage years) in an effort to get a visible six pack.After that my diet went to shit thanks to summer and clubbing until 3-4am (surprisingly I didn't gain any fat , I know so because I took body measurements) . Now I want to start again tomorrow . This is what my diet looked like prior to the spring cut and I am thinking of going on it again :

Meal 1 - 4 eggwhites 2 egg yolks 10 tbsp of old fashioned oats 1 apple

Meal 2 - 4 slices of whole wheat bread with 4 tbsp of peanut butter and 1 banana

Pre-Workout (15 minutes before weight training) - 2 tbsp of honey

Post Workout - 1whey protein bar (my gym has an automatic seller with them)

Meal 3 (30 mins after the post workout meal) - One of a , b or c
    a)113gr of chicken breast with 1 cup of rice (brown or basmati)+green veggies
    b)150gr Mince with 200 gr of whole wheat pasta + green veggies
    c)1 beef steak with 200gr of potato(sweet or russet) + green salad

Meal 4 - 2 slices of whole grain bread and 2 slices of smoked turkey

Meal 5 - One of a,b, or c :
    a)2 Rio Mare tuna cans , 25 almonds , 200 gr of whole wheat pasta
    b)150gr of 2% fat cottage cheese 1 whole eggs and 2 slices of whole grain bread with 1/2 cup of blueberries
    c)2 whole eggs with 2 slices of bacon alongside 2 slices of whole grain bread and 2 tbsp of marmalade of cheery (which is sugar free)

Now the reason I am posting this on a steroid forum site is because I am thinking about using steroids after 25 (the age after which testosterone levels decline) I have researched a lot about them since I want to be an endocrinologist and thus I know that I need a solid foundation to build from . I also know that being at my teens I am primed naturally for growth hence the reason I am asking about my diet . So what do you think (Sorry for the long post btw)

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    Looks pretty good to me. But if you really wanted to be strict, you might restrict the apple and the banana and honey-- especially if you feel a sugar spike.

What about the protein bar? Macros?

You're smart to wait until at least 25. I'm impressed.

Welcome!

SM
    RaginCajun likes this.

AR's King Silabolin is offline Castle Power
    Didnt have time to look at your diett in detailjs, but it looks good. Just wanna say you have understood what is important and you act very grown up and i guess your future will be very brigth!

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    looks good

add up everything to see what the total intake for the day would be, only way to tell how much you are eating

Thank you all for your kind words!!
    SlimmerMe : Why restrict the fruit ? Excuse my ignorance but I thought fruits were high in antioxidants,vitamins and minerals and they also taste great so why not enjoy 1 apple and 1 banana a day ?! . Also the protein bar I buy is the Designer Whey protein bar and has 5g of fat 20g of carbs and 10 g of protein . I take 2 tbsp of honey simply because I have noticed that when I don't I struggle to progress in my weight training routine (which is high volume moderate intensity) and generally I don't have much energy in the gym . Thank you for your time , kindness and suggestions btw !
    Silabolin : Thank you !
    Ragin Cajun : My bad here is the full calorie/macro break down :
    1)Breakfast - 507 calories 30 gr of protein/60 gr of carbs/12 gr of fat
    2)Snacks ( 2 whole wheat toast with peanut butter and 1 with 2 slices of turkey and 1 banana) 900 calories 35 gr of protein/109 gr of carbs/40 gr of fat
    3)Lunch - 479 calories 60 grams of carbs /35 grams of protein/5 grams of fat
    4)Dinner - 594 calories 47 grams of carbs/30 grams of fat/37 grams of protein
    Pre-Workout -129 calories 35 grams of carbs
    Post workout - 160 calories 5 grams of fat 20 grams of carbs 10 grams of protein
    Total Intake on training days : Calories ~2800kcal. Macros : 156 grams of protein 334 grams of carbs 94 grams of fat
    Total Intake on non training days : Calories ~2500kcal. Macros : 146 grams of protein 280 grams of carbs 90 grams of fat
    What do you think ?
    SlimmerMe likes this.

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    Everything the guys above said except,

...increase the fruit, why 1 banana? Eat 2 or 3.

... and, get some fresh fish in there.

Mr.BB : Thank you for your time ! I will probably include another banana in Meal 3 . As of fish what kind of it do you recommend ?
    A little question to all of you : What can I do to lose fat without stunting my growth ?

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by N1Ckos View Post
    Mr.BB : Thank you for your time ! I will probably include another banana in Meal 3 . As of fish what kind of it do you recommend ?
    A little question to all of you : What can I do to lose fat without stunting my growth ?
    What fish? Fresh.

Gills should be blood red and eyes bright, not glazed.

Salmon is the most obvious choice, but a lot of other tasty options depending on your local market.

Too lose fat do more cardio, and carb cycle, just no need to go low carb, from your description you dont have a lot of fat anyways.

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    Quote Originally Posted by N1Ckos View Post
    Thank you all for your kind words!!
    SlimmerMe : Why restrict the fruit ? Excuse my ignorance but I thought fruits were high in antioxidants,vitamins and minerals and they also taste great so why not enjoy 1 apple and 1 banana a day ?! . Also the protein bar I buy is the Designer Whey protein bar and has 5g of fat 20g of carbs how much sugar? and 10 g of protein . I take 2 tbsp of honey simply because I have noticed that when I don't I struggle to progress in my weight training routine (which is high volume moderate intensity) and generally I don't have much energy in the gym . Thank you for your time , kindness and suggestions btw !
    You're welcome. I should have been more clear. If the fruit spikes your sugar, watch it. Sometimes fruit can spike-- so this is why I mentioned it.

Otherwise, keep up your good work.

Again, I'm impressed. More than impressed.

You'll go far.

SM
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

Reliable_Individual is offline Junior Member
    Was in a very similar boat to you a few years ago. You have a very solid grasp on what you need to do and how to get where you want. measure where this gets you in terms of body weight after around 2 weeks, and adjust accordingly ( sure you already know this). Gl man!

Thread Information