Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Couchlock
  • 1 Post By Nephets
  • 1 Post By Nephets

Thread: Help, I can't cut!

SMS1997 is offline New Member

Help, I can't cut!

I have a very big problem but let me start from the beginning.
    I was very skinny until the age of 8, after that I started eating like a pig and ended up very fat. I was about 190 pounds of only fat when I was 16. Then I started dieting and doing 2 hours of cardio a day and I was about 140 pounds in only 8 months!
    From 17 to 18, I didn't do any exercise, I just ate the maintenance calories and remained the same weight.
    When I was 18 and half I joined my local gym as I wanted to take some muscle, below is what I did in 1 year and half:
    1. from December 2015 to June 2016, I went to gym 4 times a week and took some muscle.
    2. From June to September 2016, I didn't go at the gym at all for different reasons.
    3. From September to today, here starts my nightmare.
    So by the end of August 2016 I was feeling pretty sh*t, I checked the weight and was just under 170 pounds but I was very fat again (belly, hip, legs and even a bit in the face). I was about 20% bf.
    So I started going at the gym again trying to cut the fat. The diet was as follow every day:
    Breakfast: 2 pieces of bread+20 gr peanut butter+250 ml milk
    Snack: 30 gr protein shake
    Lunch: 100 gr rice+ 1 full leg of chicken
    Snack: 30 gr protein
    Dinner: 1 full leg of chicken, 100 gr lentils, 300 gr vegetable, 1 spoon of oil
    Snack: 1 banana
    But it didn't work at all. Everyday I feel weaker, I can't lift as I could before the summer, my arms went very small again but the worse is that the fat didn't go! It remained all over my body. I measured the belly, the legs and the hips and it seems I only lost 1.5 inches in my belly since I started and that's it! I checked the weight and I'm about 162 pounds. Sometimes I wake up in the morning because my heart rates goes very up.
    I turned 20 this month and I'm 5'10 and still 19/20 bf%.
    Please help people, I really don't know what else to do, I'm still fat but I've lost the little muscle I had and every day I feel weaker. Can you give me a better diet for cut? Or should I properly bulk first and then properly cut? Please help, I'm feel so depressed and my life has no any meaning anymore.

Couchlock is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SMS1997 View Post
    I have a very big problem but let me start from the beginning.
    I was very skinny until the age of 8, after that I started eating like a pig and ended up very fat. I was about 190 pounds of only fat when I was 16. Then I started dieting and doing 2 hours of cardio a day and I was about 140 pounds in only 8 months!
    From 17 to 18, I didn't do any exercise, I just ate the maintenance calories and remained the same weight.
    When I was 18 and half I joined my local gym as I wanted to take some muscle, below is what I did in 1 year and half:
    1. from December 2015 to June 2016, I went to gym 4 times a week and took some muscle.
    2. From June to September 2016, I didn't go at the gym at all for different reasons.
    3. From September to today, here starts my nightmare.
    So by the end of August 2016 I was feeling pretty sh*t, I checked the weight and was just under 170 pounds but I was very fat again (belly, hip, legs and even a bit in the face). I was about 20% bf.
    So I started going at the gym again trying to cut the fat. The diet was as follow every day:
    Breakfast: 2 pieces of bread+20 gr peanut butter+250 ml milk
    Snack: 30 gr protein shake
    Lunch: 100 gr rice+ 1 full leg of chicken
    Snack: 30 gr protein
    Dinner: 1 full leg of chicken, 100 gr lentils, 300 gr vegetable, 1 spoon of oil
    Snack: 1 banana
    But it didn't work at all. Everyday I feel weaker, I can't lift as I could before the summer, my arms went very small again but the worse is that the fat didn't go! It remained all over my body. I measured the belly, the legs and the hips and it seems I only lost 1.5 inches in my belly since I started and that's it! I checked the weight and I'm about 162 pounds. Sometimes I wake up in the morning because my heart rates goes very up.
    I turned 20 this month and I'm 5'10 and still 19/20 bf%.
    Please help people, I really don't know what else to do, I'm still fat but I've lost the little muscle I had and every day I feel weaker. Can you give me a better diet for cut? Or should I properly bulk first and then properly cut? Please help, I'm feel so depressed and my life has no any meaning anymore.
    1500 to 1800 clean cals
    1.5g protein per pound of body weight
    .75g carbs to pound of body weight
    20-30g fat no more, stay around 20 with 30 being there for miscalculations

45 minutes of cardio, y iu can split thus into 2 25 min sessions, morning defiantly first session, and second before or after weight training.

Cardio 6 days a week, weights 5 (do doubles if you like, but still 5 days, regardless if you did 2 in one day)

Will power and perseverance, don't quit
    Coffeehead and gymffiti like this.

Nephets is offline Senior Member
    I second splitting the cardio. Half in the am, half at night. Id look into better food choices as well. When I'm cutting I typicly dump the milk. If you are looking for protien for breakfast try eggs. Dump the peanut butter and toast and try oats. Dump the chicken legs for chicken breast. Little tweaks will get ya there.
    Coffeehead likes this.

Coffeehead is offline Associate Member
    Echo all the above with one tweak to couchlockd's suggestion about fat intake:

I'd raise fat intake, and lower your protein a little to make room for the excess calories that come from dietary fat. If your fats are too low for too long, your hormones are going to take a nosedive, and fat-soluable vitamins won't get properly transported.

Keep fats at minimum 0.3g/lb of BW, which would have you around 45-50g/day.

Lower protein to 1-1.25g/lb of BW. That would have you between 162-200g/day of protein.

Nephets is offline Senior Member
    ^^^^
    That's good advice.
    Coffeehead likes this.

Thread Information