Thread: vegetarian diet

super 88 is offline New Member

vegetarian diet

I'm a strict vegetarian, lacto ovo,looking to do a cycle with deca for rehab purposes.basically destroyed my knees. Obviously any extra muscle hpertrophy is a side perc any specific guide lines as to protein intake that are within my diet,or web info would be very apreciated!
    stats
    ht: 6'' 2
    wt 250
    bf:16% ish
    these are my untrained stats, limited work outs for last few years. been vegi for 10 years so thats not changin,but I got genetics on my side!

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    Being a vegi and a BB must be awkward.If you have been one for 10 years you know more about it than i would but I would just say keep the protein high around 2g per lb of b,w and take a very good multivitamin.Will you be taking anything else with the deca ?

Tobey is offline Retired IRON CHEF Mod
    Super88,
    To be honest with you I have a ton of vegtarian reciepes that I will be willing to post for you if you want. I really never posted them before as I did not think that anyone would be really that interested in reciepes that did not have some form of dead animal in them! he,he. Let me know and I'll get to work on the tonight.( Or as soon as I hear from you) Cool?
    Tobey

Yes Iron Chef I would be very interested in those reciepes, totally appreciated.
    Idealy I would like to run D-Bol & and test with the deca . My brother previous handled supplies though, but had to cut ties because of hi profile medical job so I'm on stand by for my cycle for a bit.
    lacto ovo vegetarian means dairy& eggs,but the stict part meant no animal ingrediants of any other kind.And yes Diesel there's a LOT of label reading much appreciated bro's

mando is offline Associate Member
    get a good product which is very low in carbs high in protein then jus have a some carbs with it ..........combine it with your normal meals !!

TNT
    TNT is offline Retired Moderator
    First, a belated welcome to the board, super88. Nice to see an occasional vegan here to show us carnivores that the world is diverse.

Since you have a background in anatomy and chemistry, you may have thought of this one already. But it never hurts to make sure . . .

If you have never done so, have your B12 levels checked (a simple blood test). As you may be aware, low B12 levels (which can result in conditions ranging from pernicious anemia to neuropathy and paresthesias) is fairly common among vegetarians, since all of our natural B12 tends to come from animal products.

Since you are planning a cycle that already includes injectables, you may want to include B12 (in the injectable form, cyanocobalimin). It's taken as an IM shot at 1,000 mcg. once a month, and if you have any shortage of B12 in your system, that will kick it right to where it needs to be. As a vegetarian, you may even be able to get a script for cyanocobalimin from your doctor.

Tobey is offline Retired IRON CHEF Mod
    Super 88,
    Check the reciepe section. I have several vegetarian receipes posted for you with your name in the title.
    IC

thanks for the B12 tip. I do take brewers yeast as a supplement for it but a check up would be a good idea.

Thread Information