Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By redz
  • 1 Post By powerliftmike

Thread: Clomid instead of Testosterone

manveer1 is offline Associate Member

Clomid instead of Testosterone

Hello all,

Anyone else here on Clomid instead of Testosterone for TRT purposes? I know there is 1 other guy who is on it long term like my self.

I was prescribed it 1 year ago and have been on it since. So my question is, how are you getting on with clomid and what do you take to counter some of the sides from it? It is working really well for me bloods wise, however I feel sad and low a lot now - which was not the case before clomid.

dreadnok89 is offline Member
    Sadly, never worked for me.

redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Horrible plan, get real trt.
    wellshii and D O’Brien like this.

Hi All,

So from 22nd December my dosage was reduced to 25mg 2 times a week (as my DHT was high causing hair loss). Previously I was on 25mg alternate days. Looks like my Oestrogen has rocketed, maybe I need to do DIM daily instead of twice a week, I quit Arimidex a few months ago but I need it again - seems like I am similar to you Cyclon that Clomid makes my Oestrogen go real high.
    What is your analysis of the below? (Mid October I took a few weeks break from Clomid). Recently I have had really low moods and sadness - this is probably from my Oestrogen rocketing as well.
    @Redz - thanks for your feedback I guess lol.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	blood snip 2.PNG 
Views:	30 
Size:	15.2 KB 
ID:	180929
    Last edited by manveer1; 03-30-2021 at 12:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cylon357 View Post
    Looks like if you are going to continue with clomid, your numbers from early October are the best. Whatever you were doing then is what I would do going forward.

You should get your e down some. The T is trending lower and e is trending up... that is the opposite of what you want here, I think. I don't see any reason to not be doing DIIM daily but I'm no expert. It isn't as strong as pharma AI, but if you can avoid pharma, I would.

And @redz ain't entirely wrong. I think you are looking for fertility, I don't remember all your specifics but maybe conventional TRT with HMG would be better overall, considering mood, how you feel and fertility. If test and hmg is not an option, take a look at enclomiphene, or maybe include some proviron. Proviron was a fertility / hrt drug for a while, IIRC.
    Thank you again! Yes I agree regarding the lowering E. What dosage Arimidex would you advise here? In the mean time I can restart Calcium D Glucarate and increase DIM.

Yes you are correct I went onto Clomid due to me having Low T and erection issues and looking to have a kid next year, I dont want to go onto Testosterone just yet. I have just started researching Enclomiphene, I think I will try this soon, im researching on here https://www.excelmale.com/forum/foru...y-or-low-t.89/ - not sure if you have seen this before? Enclomiphene looks difficult to source though :/

Proviron hmmmm, I always thought Proviron was suppressive long term. I will have a look into it.
    Last edited by manveer1; 03-31-2021 at 07:19 AM.

Thanks for the advice again

I will be trying Enclomiphene instead, might as well just see how it goes.

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~
    Does clomid work? Yes. But I would caution with this: unless your T levels rapidly improve (and you get off it) or you are trying to conceive I would skip it and go for TRT. The thing people fail to realize is that clomid, nolvadex , AI's, etc are all somewhat toxic and not intended for long term use, particularly with AIs. Testosterone is, of course, quite devoid of toxicity in replacement dosages.
    DinAZ likes this.

Thread Information