Thread: Urologist?

getinold is offline Junior Member

Urologist?

Has any body been sent to a Urologist for low test?After my first score at 234,low normal.I received a couple of shots for a month then he stuck me on the patch for a month.My next score came in at 74.Totally confused he sent me for another test which got 104.Now he is sending me to a Urologist and put me on Andorgel.Am i getting a run around or what?

meathead320 is offline Member
    Yes you are.

Most doctors are clueless how to get testosterone to Normal healthy levels.

It is laughable that they have "so much trouble" getting the levels high enouhg.

They act like its this giant mountain to climb.

In reality, most men on 100mg once per week or injectable testosterone Cypionate or Enanthate are near the top of the normal range.

Some respond differently, but it is easy to get the levels up there. THose creams and patches are rarely effective.

IMHO, once a week shot is the best way to go about it.

Urologist would be much better. Hopefully he will just put you on 100mg EW, and adjust your dose form there.

I'm not a big fan of the other methods, as I feel it is much harder to control dose.

The reason your levels were lower when you doctor checked you, is that what he put you on interfeers with your own bodies production of it, and the dose he gave you was far too low to elevate yours, so it actually made things worse.

With test-C or test-E as injectable, after about 2 months your own body will produce very little test on its own, but that dose itself will have you in the upper 1/3rd of the range (it varies though some higher and some are lower).

Thanks meathead320,That kinda makes me feel a little better I am looking forward now to going to the urologist.I could not even describe the crash i had.No body should ever have to go through that.

meathead320 is offline Member
    One other thing I would do to, is call around and ask local Urologists in the area if they have experience working with with injectable testosterone in their practice.

Often you will have to speak to the nurse, and some will be rude, some more polite.

Some will demand you make an appointment to even talk about stuff the doctor does. If they say this, just hang up and keep calling around.

Some will say he does, while others will say he prefers the creams.

The ones that say he has experience working with it, but that you need an appointment to see what he can do for you, then you just get a referal to this doctor.

But that is a good technique to finding the right one. TRT is a terribly under treated, and underdosed field of medacine, so it helps to call around.

Other Questions to ask is if the doctor works with Female to Male transgenders. This is good to ask because most of the time these doctors have experience with IM testosterone.

That also ussually means more willing to write a script for it for you.

Thanks for the tip,I will be busy Monday.

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    good advice from meathead about calling to choose your own doctor and ask your own questions...it is you that is in charge of your health...the doctor writes the scripts...
    what your fam doc did is not unusual most dont want to take on a trt patient....they would stand to gain more for prescribing anit d's and keeping the patient sick anyway....urologists are more knowledgeable...
    a lot of us had to go to a few docs first...you're almost there bro...good luck

Vettester is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by getinold View Post
    Thanks meathead320,That kinda makes me feel a little better I am looking forward now to going to the urologist.I could not even describe the crash i had.No body should ever have to go through that.
    That's one of the good things about this site ... So many of us on here have gone through that exact same crash episode. And like everyone is saying, it's pretty short lived once you get on the injections and get a program in place. You got to love these docs and their AndroGel , patches and cremes!

Well i talked to several urologist offices,most work with patients with hrt,but the nearest date was in January.Well i did some research and found a mens health clinic here,of course its 40 miles away but a least they can see me next week.Best part is they take my insurance.It is still 25 dollars co pay per visit.Has any body got these clinics to prescribe test?From there website they give the shots.I am fully capable of giving my own shots and saving 25 bucks a pop.

Master-P is offline New Member
    I'm currently on HRT..... I had to do some research to find the right DR. He is a Endo Dr. anyway I'm 41 with a Test level of about 123.... needless to say I suffered from being tired all the time.... depression and really just no get up and go...... after all the blood work we tried IM injections of 300ml every three weeks.... (Test Cyp) it worked wonders but in the latter weeks I could feel it wearing off..... Currently I'm doing a cycle of 200 a week and I;m feeling great... took a little while getting use to self injecting but I'm good, never looked or felt better.... thank God insurance covers it....

BJJ
    BJJ is offline Sapiens Fingit Fortunam Sibi
    Has any body been sent to a Urologist for low test?After my first score at 234,low normal.I received a couple of shots for a month then he stuck me on the patch for a month.My next score came in at 74.Totally confused he sent me for another test which got 104.Now he is sending me to a Urologist and put me on Andorgel.Am i getting a run around or what?
    Why urologist?
    ENDOCRINOLOGIST.

So now the question Mens health clinic or Endocrinologist?Which would be better with prescribing test?Not just going to the office at 25 dollars co pay per visit but actually prescribing test for self admin.

BJJ
    Urology is a branch of medicine that studies problems related to the urinary system.

Endocrinology is a branch of medicine that studies internal secretion glands.

See now?

I have been searching for Endocrinology here but most deal with womens problems.Its hard to find one with mens issues.You start reading comments about doctor A or B and women start talking about how they help them, but what about us.There are alot of Endoc here i just guess i have to call each one and start asking questions.I still have a appointment with a Men Health Clinic on Monday but I will still call around just in case they don't work out.

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    as long as you get a doc to write the script(s) i dont care what kind of doc....some family docs will have patients on trt...good luck at the clinic

There lies the problem w/my Doc.He didnt know what to do.Thats why he was sending me to Urologist.I feel he just sent me on my way.....

BJJ
    There lies the problem w/my Doc.He didnt know what to do.Thats why he was sending me to Urologist.I feel he just sent me on my way.....
    An urologist has NOTHING to do with testosterone .

Thats why i am not going to a Urologist,My first stop the Mens Health Clinic.If they dont help me with the script then the endo. i will follow.Like i said just to find one with mens hrt is tuf.But with a little research i am sure i will find one.

Testomaster is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BJJ View Post
    An urologist has NOTHING to do with testosterone.
    Wrong !!!!

tboney is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Testomaster View Post
    Wrong !!!!
    I agree! Both deal with issues related to hormones. Endo specializes in hormones and a urologist deals with the reproductive system.

BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Testomaster View Post
    Wrong !!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by tboney View Post
    I agree! Both deal with issues related to hormones. Endo specializes in hormones and a urologist deals with the reproductive system.
    As I already said:
    Urology is a branch of medicine that studies problems related to the urinary system.

Then, you may find "smart" urologist who are going to widen their field of action but they are not meant to.

Master-P is offline New Member
    Like you said above... if the Clinic doesnt help out then start calling the endo's and ask questions.... My Doc (endo) specializes in HRT.... I had to look around but finally found him... Just be patient, it will all work out....

Spyke is offline Associate Member
    BJJ this is an area where there is quite a bit of crossover. Most endos have no idea how to administer proper HRT.... How many posts do we get on the board here where some endo wants to put someone on 150mg of test every 2 or 3 weeks??? Urologists have gotten into the whole male HRT thing because it can cause some of the same symptoms as ED...... They still seem to be on the androgel bandwagon most of the time.... but I would still take daily androgel over a shot every 3 weeks...........

Bottom line is you are still better off with an aggressive anti aging doc (not a clinic) IMO

kyrios is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BJJ View Post
    As I already said:

Then, you may find "smart" urologist who are going to widen their field of action but they are not meant to.
    The problem is that most endos know squat about TRT. I discovered this due to my own experiences. Now I use my endo to treat my diabetes and the uro to deal with the issues I'm experiencing with low T.

The uros in this town anyway run rings around the endos when it comes to this subject. . .whether they are "meant" to or not.

Thread Information