hayabusa2003 is offline New Member

Can someone help me with my HRT results?

I'm 33 years old 5'9" and weigh 209. I lift and run about 15 miles a week. I have cronic fatigue and can't seem to lose this extra 20lbs I've been carrying around for that past year. I had my doctor check my Hormone levels and the results are below. He is telling me that they are in normal range and nothing is needed.

testosterone , total 419 Reference range = 250-1100 ng/dl

testosterone, Free Percent 1.94% Reference Range = 1.50-2.20 %

Free Testosterone 81.3 Reference Range = 35.0-155.0pg/ml

It looks like the test was performed by Quest.

whiteowl is offline Associate Member
    Perhaps get a retest? Chronic fatigue is just one symptom of low test: insomnia, lethargy, general lack of interest; low libido; night sweats; premature ejaculation. 419 may be low for you, even though it is in the normal range. Seems GPs and Endos prefer to keep everyone at the low end of normal which is why some still don't feel like themselves with HRT, eg if you spent your life in the 800-900 range, 419 is going to suck. I would hit some of the monitors for info in the one on one section. Lots of brainpower here. Utilize it.

Vettester is offline Banned
    At 33 it will be hard to get on HRT when your levels are where they're at.

If you really took an honest assessment of your lifestyle, do you see where changes can be made? Meaning, do you drink a little here and there, find yourself eating a few of the things late at night that could be avoided?

The body will respond to its environment accordingly. If you had to go through 3 months of boot camp, you wouldn't be talking about that extra 20lbs. I mean this with all sincerity.

PPC
    PPC is offline Super Knowledgeable ~ Female Member
    Check your thyroid: TSH, free t3, free t4 and reverse T3. A 4x a day saliva test to check cortisol will give some clues also.

Thyroid regulates weight and energy so it could be a piece of your puzzle. If they are low, ask your doc about dessicated thyroid. You should probably check thyroid antibodies too.

Your T numbers are not great but getting some of your other hormones optimized may pull your T levels up and may give you a decade before you have to do trt for life.

ThickOne is offline New Member
    With numbers like that, some docs will allow therapy while some wont. Id find a new doc if you truly want to start TRT. PM me if you do, i have a great clinic I use! But like PPC said maybe try other options first unless you are deadset on doing TRT for life.

Thread Information