BenAZ is offline New Member

Starting HRT tomorrow and have a few questions

I just got my bloodwork back today after going to the doctor about feeling lethargic and moody. I'm a 39 year old healthy male (195lbs, 12% bf, don't drink) with the following test levels:

Testosterone serum: 255
    Free Testosterone (direct): 7.9

My doctor said both of these are in the low range, and has started me on 200mg every 4 weeks of test-e. After doing a bit of research, I'm a little concerned about the low dose and time between shots. If test-e has a half-life of 7-10 days, won't I be up and down every month?

Has anyone else ever started with this protocol and had decent results?
    I appreciate any help.

funkymonk is offline Associate Member
    IMO don't let him inject you if he intends to put you on that rollercoaster. 7 days between injections tops IMO.

Fred40 is offline Associate Member
    Your total is lower than mine and your free is about the same......my GP put me on 100mg of Test. Cyp. EW

BOB89 is offline Associate Member
    You need to find out when your first scheduled blood work is and how he does adjustments based on it.

It is a possiblilty the Dr low balls the dosage and works up to more a frequent dosage schedule based on your bloodwork results. In this case you may have to live through a little bad to get to the life time good. Or you can look for a new Dr.

Quote Originally Posted by BenAZ View Post
    I just got my bloodwork back today after going to the doctor about feeling lethargic and moody. I'm a 39 year old healthy male (195lbs, 12% bf, don't drink) with the following test levels:

My doctor said both of these are in the low range, and has started me on 200mg every 4 weeks of test-e. After doing a bit of research, I'm a little concerned about the low dose and time between shots. If test-e has a half-life of 7-10 days, won't I be up and down every month?

I appreciate any help.
    He doesn't know what he's doing. Your test serum levels are going to peak then tank and you're going to go from feeling great to feeling like shit.

Any Doc who understands correct TRT protocols would never put a patient on a 4 week injection cycle.

He needs to understand half life...

VMAAG is offline Female Member
    You might want to consider a new doctor. 200mg every 4 weeks will leave you feeling maybe worse than before you started. You'll probably notice a nice improvement for the first 7-10 days and then back to feeling lethargic and moody until you get your next shot. Ideally every 7 days you'd want a shot however you might do well with every 2 weeks.

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    Agree with all above....not ideal to say the least..

about your bf% out of curiosity has this gotten higher of late...last year or so

funkymonk is offline Associate Member
    So howd the visit go?

whiteowl is offline Associate Member
    Hey Mate. Is the Doc your GP or an Endocrinologist ? It sounds like the way a GP starts the HRT off but then he would/should refer you to an endo. Your endo will request additional tests and then dial in your test levels with weekly dosage. If it is your endo who set you up with once a month shots with a 255 then maybe start a thread looking for another endo in your area. Once a month is cruel.
    Last edited by whiteowl; 08-25-2011 at 05:22 PM.

juttsdm5 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BenAZ View Post

I appreciate any help.
    This is too much time in between injections, even with test E. He should be showing you how to do this, and once a week is what i recall. be carefull how you come at him. you dont want to seem to knowledable. i would say you have been doing some research on it. Not that the peopl on steroid .com told you its not enough. catch my drift.....

Thread Information