Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    power65 is offline Associate Member
    Velkar182,
    Just so you understand my previous post. I don't think the WSM use the "Coke" as a one time thing the day of the competition.....I think they use it all the time as part of their daily routines. That's what i was saying. Yes because they use it for training I'm sure they are hooked on the stuff. "Coke" is not a drug use just use every now and then. It is highly addictive. Especailly with certain personalities. People that tend to have addictive personalities also are the same people that have personalities that tend to be very competitive. So I'm sure these guys are more than likely routine "Coke" users.

SVTMuscle* is offline Banned
    while we're on the topic, do you think this guy uses AAS?

powerliftmike is online now ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by SVTMuscle
    Ron? Nah, he is clean.

fatback25 is offline Associate Member
    Oh yeah. You see what using MuscleTech products can do for you!

Quote Originally Posted by fatback25
    Oh yeah. You see what using MuscleTech products can do for you!
    BSN FOO!

ipso facto is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by power65
    But there have been many top bodybuilders of the past that have fallen due to their drug problems and primarily Coke. Mike Christian who was a top Olympia competitor in the late 80's and early 90's had a real Coke problem. So did Mike Quinn. These guys all hit rock bottom because of the Coke. Mixing Coke w/ heavy dosages of steriods is a serious problem....To answer your question...yes these guys can get hooked on Coke and more than likely are.

Jean-Claude Van Damme is one of the more famous mainstream cases of coke abuse. As a kickboxer, he had 12 straight knockouts, then went into movies, maintaining the same 'supplements'. He and his first and third (fourth?) wife Gladys Portugues were heavily into coke specifically for bodybuilding, but it also fueled his on-screen acrobatics ... and it destroyed his movie career by the late 1990s (plus visibly aged him)

RMBros is offline Junior Member
    I think he eats people who use AAS.

uber amounts of protien in those people!

daytrader is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fatback25
    Dude! Coke, juicing, lifting competitions at tropical places! Where do I sign up for this Strong Man stuff! Non-stop partying man!
    hahahha that was ****ing awsome!

Man Im getting sick of all the posts of Ron.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails worlds strongest and AAS-scotmendelson.jpg   worlds strongest and AAS-pudz.jpg  

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    mendelson, he doest juice? you bet he does!

love 2 lift is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by powerliftmike
    Ron? Nah, he is clean.
    LOL!!

Quote Originally Posted by Doc.Sust
    mendelson, he doest juice? you bet he does!
    Ah Mendy, THE EGO KILLER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Needle_Newb is offline Junior Member
    Wow ignorance spreads like wildfire over the net. I personally know 3 top competitors that have been at WSM and they do NOT use much at all. About 1gr of test, some orals and EQ. Tren ****s up cardio too much to be good for strongman. HGH if they can afford it but one of the boys I know is too poor to afford it.

clipper is offline Associate Member
    I saw once were Hugo Gerard (top strongman) said that any one that used roids, in strongman, was stupid, and should stop.

IMO they all use, and are freaks in the strenght field.

At the WSM level they are all on, but as you said, yes they are freaks, and use far less than most expect. You can't blame them to deny it though, they want publicity and sponsorship, admitting to using would kinda work against them.

Quote Originally Posted by clipper
    I saw once were Hugo Gerard (top strongman) said that any one that used roids, in strongman, was stupid, and should stop.

IMO they all use, and are freaks in the strenght field.
    Hugo was also a cop. So many cops juice. He is just trying to steer public hatred and the children away from AAS

taiotosh7 is offline Associate Member
    These guys possess super human strength, nobody can harness this amount of strength w/o the assistance of hormones.....it's a very entertaining sport to watch but these guys will put their body through any abuse necessary to win...obsession

mmaximus25 is offline Senior Member
    when you get off... well eventually it is very hard and humbling to see what your natural strength is compared to being on... To me its a reality check that I have to do to make sure my natural strength is comparable in the weight range not rep range...

All those dudes juice... I once watched this MTV show where this kid was entering his first stong man comp... can't remember if he won at the end but I really thought the kid was natural... and he very well might be for now... But the bottom line is you still have to posses the normal strength and physiologicaly structure to be able to take AAS and other compounds to lift 300lb and run it 60ft 3 or 4 times...
    a 5'4 man although strong isn't gonna win... there wont be many or a high number of ectomorphs that win... ya know

Squatman51 is offline Senior Member
    that kid on MTV was Kevin Nee, hes in the youngest person ever to turn pro in strongman (19 y/o)

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    Quote Originally Posted by mmaximus25
    when you get off... well eventually it is very hard and humbling to see what your natural strength is compared to being on... To me its a reality check that I have to do to make sure my natural strength is comparable in the weight range not rep range...

All those dudes juice... I once watched this MTV show where this kid was entering his first stong man comp... can't remember if he won at the end but I really thought the kid was natural... and he very well might be for now... But the bottom line is you still have to posses the normal strength and physiologicaly structure to be able to take AAS and other compounds to lift 300lb and run it 60ft 3 or 4 times...
    a 5'4 man although strong isn't gonna win... there wont be many or a high number of ectomorphs that win... ya know
    i agree

I think too many people cop out.

I was doing farmers walk with over 300 per hand, 700lbs super yokes, even did 100ft with an 800lbs yoke, squatting and deadlifting well over 600 with belt and knee wraps and benching around 405 before I ever touched AAS. Genetics are important for sure. But most people cop out, say they are ectomorphic or some silly crap and don't even try. Ectomorphs make great deadlifters by the way.

1) At that level, they would be stupid not to use drugs
    2) Even without drugs they are bigger and stronger than you are with them, I know, I've seen these guys off cycle, AAS don't do miracles man.
    3) They train very very hard all year long
    4) There is more friendship in that sport than any other

The biggest drug abusers are bodybuilders. Insulin , IGF1, PGF2, T3, T4, GH, AAS, Nubain, Coke, Dierutetics, synthol etc... you name it, it's pretty much in there. It's a wonder Ronnie Coleman's heart hasn't exploded yet at his age.

Sorry, but I don't like to see people bash this sport and claim they use the most because it is far from true.

Yep. Pudzianowski got suspended from IFSA 1 year for testing positive for cocaine.
    WSM 2004 was the biggest sham ever. The IFSA was out to get Mariusz and pretty much all of poland. They did not test to WADA specs. Would have liked them to choose their paper champs for testing, Zydrunas and Vasyl.

Power Viking is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfstud18
    I bet hulk hogan can be the worlds strongest old man haha him and macho
    Nope, that would be 56 year old Odd Haugen:
    http://www.oddhaugen.com/info/facts.htm

Unlike most of the other pro strongmen he`s not juiced out of his mind either. Must be because he`s norwegian, we are genetically superior, you know

kdawg21 is offline Associate Member
    Yep. Pudzianowski got suspended from IFSA 1 year for testing positive for cocaine.
    Forgive my ignorance, but how much greater is the effect on the beta receptors with cocaine, as opposed to ephedra?

Mr.Burns is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc.Sust
    i have also heard nightmare freakish strength stories of people high on PCP
    Same here. Same with meth. Fuk them both and anybody who pushes that poison.

I used to smoke some weed before training for the "focus" and it also helped with some of the godawful tasting shakes afterward. But it also was making me lazy and less ambitious. In the end I scrapped the idea 'cause I was becoming a burnout. As for coke and AAS, way way to harsh on the liver.

Hugo was also a cop. So many cops juice. He is just trying to steer public hatred and the children away from AAS
    In my city, I'll bet the biker unit and street gang police are juiced up. Receiding hairlines, deep voices, water bloat, short fused tempers and fuken thick upper bodies. Correct me if i'm wrong, but I thought AAS was legal to possess in Canada? Well my friend was pulled over(by gang unit),they searched his car and my buddy had 50 thai pink d's and 13 Nile sust amps plus 2 grams of weed. When he was driving away he noticed the roids were missing but the weed was there. Go figure. By the way I'm not cop bashing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information