Thread: PLing while on?

RMBros is offline Junior Member

PLing while on?

I'm about to start my first cycle (Test-e/EQ) and I'm wondering how much I should change my lifting while on cycle.

I normally plan for 4 lifting days a week - typical westside ME/DE set up - but I end up getting 3.

I haven't been getting great results on bench, but DLs and Squats have been steadily gaining.

My numbers are low - DL 430, Squat 330, Bench 240 (I know, too low to go on cycle, but too low not to for me) and I'm 38. My suspicion is that I've had low test levels for years because I've always plateaued at around these weights, no matter what strategy I used.

Anyway - I'm thinking of increasing volume while I'm on cycle, maybe going with a higher rep scheme like 5X5.

What do you guys do?

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    i have done 5x5 without gear and it worked fine, if i was you, iwould keep up with the westside, maybeslightly higher volume, but not a great deal, and increase the intensity and weights fo the ME movements, and you will se results, westside program is designed for lifters who use equipment and who are on juice, if these 2 things are the case for you, than westside will work, checkout www.elitefts.com, look at the training logs of the westside guys, you will notice, most of them use average volume at best. top guys like mike ruggeria,paul childress, or dave tate dont do back breaking volume

RMBros is offline Junior Member
    I only lift raw - straps or a knee brace is about all I ever use - which is another reason I was wondering about changing from westside.

The main thing I change is not so many board or floor presses, because I'm weak and the bottom, not lockout. I hit wide grips and DB bench for the weakness off the chest.

As for Squats and DLs, I don't really worry about the WSBB approach, cause suited or not doesn't seem to make much difference with the motion - unlike Bench.

Thread Information