Ermantroudt is offline Associate Member

8/18 Dynamic BP (Would have made Dick Hartzel Proud)

1. Dynamic BP: 85lbs+Doubled Mini's+70lbs of chainx8x3 with three grips (Pointer on smooth, thumb from smooth, and comp grip), Pause all first reps.

2. 2 Board Press: 135+Doubled Mini'sx4x5
    3. BB Extensions Bar+Doubled Mini'sx4x10
    4. Bob Y Row's: 145x4x10
    5. Snatch Grip High Pulls: 145x4x5

50 Minutes

Ermantroudt

deciever is offline Associate Member
    very nice... what are Bob Y Rows? never heard of them

A buddy of mine, Crash; got to train with Bob while on vacation, and showed me their varation of the bent-over-row. It is a row done with the abs resting on the upper legs, pulling the bar to the same spot you touch while benching. Least that is the way Crash showed me how to do them.

Ermantroudt

xxxl83 is offline Productive Member
    Erman,

Thats alot of band work I think your right Dick Hartzel would be proud.

How has your speed been? I see you're still using a pause on your first rep even with the bands. Has the pause made any noticable difference?

xxxl83

Cubanito17 is offline Member
    wow that sounds like a good back workout the BOB Y rows i'ma have to try those tomm. GOOD workout and the best thing under 1 hour. For some reason although I'll do 4 or 5 excercises then abs(mine are weak) I'll stil keep most of my workouts round 35-40 min, should i be doing more? or is that good i just take TOO short breaks b/c i'm pumped??

"How has your speed been? I see you're still using a pause on your first rep even with the bands. Has the pause made any noticable difference?"

Ermantroudt

"For some reason although I'll do 4 or 5 excercises then abs(mine are weak) I'll stil keep most of my workouts round 35-40 min, should i be doing more? or is that good i just take TOO short breaks b/c i'm pumped??"

I should be striving to be more like you! That is awsome! For the last 5 months I have been on the JM diet, and cut way back on the GPP work, so I could get some more size. It has had an impact on my ability to train with speed. Sled work got added back in this past week.

Ermantroudt

Cubanito17 is offline Member
    Hey thanks man that's a good thing to hear although my numbers aren't all that great. EITHER WAY I know now my workouts are gonna take a lil longer. See when I was performing cleans a good clean coach told me to quit doing any type of curls and my cleans would go up, this was true they did go up but I never noticed anything when I quit doing curls my arms started growing and now my arms are MAINLY tris WHICH IS AWESOME TO ME. So I know some PL's don't count bis when they say their workout and that could be why ur's takes a lil longer i'm not sayin you are but i'm just making an assumption.

Also my workouts are gonna be taking I think 5 minutes longer now since I have to start working on GRIP and forearms.

Thread Information