nalm is offline New Member

Bloodwork back , Low Cortisol

I just got my blood work back and my cortisol levels are low mine where 56
    and the range is 123-626
    i take 150mgs a week of test eth and .5 adex EOD
    does anyone have any links , info or opinion's on what might be causing this?

to much testosterone maybe? as i uped my dose to 150 a few weeks ago

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nalm View Post
    I just got my blood work back and my cortisol levels are low mine where 56
    and the range is 123-626
    i take 150mgs a week of test eth and .5 adex EOD
    does anyone have any links , info or opinion's on what might be causing this?

to much testosterone maybe? as i uped my dose to 150 a few weeks ago
    Trust me, you dont need cortisol, that is a hormone that is ONLY useful to you if you are "starving" and need to cut down some muscle to produce energy to survive with.

If you dont know, testosterone is the primary "inhibitor" of cortisol. In addition to this, stimulants such as caffiene, ephedra, cocaine, etc all also inhibit cortisol. Maybe its just not the testosterone but combination of that plus too much morning coffee at same time- and also you arent starving lately, eating multiple small meals a day also inhibit need for cortisol.

nalm is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ntpadude View Post
    Trust me, you dont need cortisol, that is a hormone that is ONLY useful to you if you are "starving" and need to cut down some muscle to produce energy to survive with..
    thanks for the help ,I do know about cortisol and muscle wasting, but i was thinking , what long term problems could this cause if any( i am only 29 so i got a long way yet on trt) , i know cortisol has other functions in the body and was wondering if this long term could lead to stomach problems or something else that could be harmful

Quote Originally Posted by Ntpadude View Post
    If you dont know, testosterone is the primary "inhibitor" of cortisol. In addition to this, stimulants such as caffiene, ephedra, cocaine, etc all also inhibit cortisol. Maybe its just not the testosterone but combination of that plus too much morning coffee at same time- and also you arent starving lately, eating multiple small meals a day also inhibit need for cortisol.
    i do know cortisol does surpress tesosterone, and i assumed it worked the other way aswell i just wasnt and still am not having much luck finding info on trt causing this or testosterone injections causing this and the long term problems if any this could cause,

Thread Information