zimmy is offline Anabolic Member

GSP Vasoline alegations

You guys hear about this yet?

redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Yeah now theres talk of a rematch, Hopefully Pen comes in better shape but I think GSP still takes him again.

yourmom is offline Associate Member
    Even if it was true, it never would have mattered, it never went to the mat. Penn threw in the towel from the ass beating he took. He quit before the fight started.

Gsp has already called him out...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bp7wjWAHgvE
    Last edited by yourmom; 02-06-2009 at 10:37 AM.

Heres what they are talking about...

Greased up 1

Greased up 2

Greased up 3

The judges were right there. I dont see anything that would have change the outcome of the fight.

Knockout_Power is offline "Even sexier than Siggy"
    Who made the original alligations? Some distraught fan? BJ's corner?

In the wake of controversy surrounding the actions of Georges St. Pierre’s cornermen at UFC 94, B.J. Penn’s legal counsel has requested a “comprehensive investigation” from the Nevada State Athletic Commission on the second battle between the MMA superstars.

In a letter filed with the commission shortly after 5 p.m. on Tuesday, Penn’s lawyer, Raffi Nahabedian, said St. Pierre’s improper use of Vaseline during the fight prevented Penn from a fair contest and put him in a potentially dangerous situation.

“This illegal situation made it impossible for Mr. Penn to defend himself and unfairly exposed Mr. Penn to GSP’s ‘ground and pound’ strategy, which Mr. Penn extensively trained for and was fully prepared to perform against,” the letter states. “More importantly, by neutralizing Mr. Penn’s Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu abilities through the use of illegal and improper means, Mr. Penn was subjected to a life threatening and career ending environment; an environment that the Commission was formed to protect against.”

Penn spent much of the third and fourth rounds of their encounter on his back, as St. Pierre dealt out a vicious ground and pound attack. St. Pierre won the superfight after a ringside doctor examined Penn and the fighter's corner agreed that he should not continue following the end of the fourth round.

Between the second and third rounds, officials from the Nevada State Athletic Commission, including executive director Keith Kizer, approached St. Pierre’s corner after an commission inspector noticed that the welterweight champion’s cornerman, after applying Vaseline to his face, touched St. Pierre's shoulders and back. The officials subsequently wiped Georges St. Pierre down with a towel and checked him again between the third and fourth rounds.

At the post-fight press conference for the fight, UFC president Dana White condemned the actions of St. Pierre’s cornermen. St. Pierre’s chief second and trainer, Greg Jackson, on Sunday said a procedure meant to boost St. Pierre’s energy was misconstrued by commission officials and there was no intentional misuse of the lubricant.

In an interview with SI.com, St. Pierre steadfastly denied any charges he was cheating.

“I have nothing to hide,” he said. “I'm not even afraid to go into court and fight that.”

According to Nevada Athletic Commission regulation 467.598, “the excessive use of grease or any other foreign substance may not be used on the face or body of an unarmed combatant.”

Mr. Nahabedian said the letter was not a formal complaint, but a “request that the Commission will perform its duties to ensure that the activities of GSP and his agents are properly dealt with by the Commission.” Penn’s brother, J.D. Penn, on Sunday told Sherdog.com that a formal complaint would be filed with the commission on Monday.

Keith Kizer, Executive Director for the NSAC, said he has obtained a copy of the fight from the UFC featuring a camera dedicated to GSP’s corner between the first, second, and third rounds. A copy of Mr. Nahabedian’s letter will be sent to the “principal cornermen” of St. Pierre on Thursday. The cornermen will be given 20 days, from the time they receive the letter, to respond.

“This gives them more of a full opportunity to let them have their side of it as well,” he said.

Kizer said he and NSAC chairman Bill Brady will decide whether to pursue the matter at a commission meeting after reviewing the tape and the cornermen’s response. In theory, St. Pierre’s seconds could face disciplinary action if any impropriety is found. Rule 467.628 of the Nevada Athletic Code states that the commission “shall hold the chief second responsible for the conduct of the assistant seconds during the progress of the contest or exhibition.”

Penn’s camp has until Feb. 10 to file a formal complaint.

seriousmass is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by redz View Post
    Yeah now theres talk of a rematch, Hopefully Pen comes in better shape but I think GSP still takes him again.
    It just shows how much of a deuchebag Penn is. He is a lazy piece of crap. Yes he is an amazing fighter, but dedication?? HA. he trains 5 months out of the year? what a joke.

He got absolutely rocked in that fight. He is just using excuses, because he is trying to make up for his loud mouth.

he did too much sh**t talking before the fight... and now all his fans have turned on him, because a FRENCH canadian beat the crap out of him. If they fight again, I garuntee GSP would break his nose.

xnotoriousx is offline Anabolic Member
    ok now, this is KIND of messed up. I can't tell you if the vasaline would have changed the outcome of this fight. However, I will say that I do remember gsp passing bj whenever he wanted to and I could see how being all greased up would help you do that. Man, if I had to put my money on a rematch, I have to say gsp even though I can't stand his ass.

*RAGE* is offline "T-MOS WILL LIVE THROUGH US FOREVER"
    wow i cant believe it....that just blows my mind...

LMAO at playboy's pic up there!

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by yourmom View Post

Greased up 1

Greased up 2

Greased up 3

The judges were right there. I dont see anything that would have change the outcome of the fight.
    I dont see anything that would change the outcome either.
    GSP dominated and I beleive the vaseline made zero difference.

WDMF is offline Associate Member
    That vasoline was just coming out of BJ's ass from the rape that was going on!

Brown Ninja is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yourmom View Post

Greased up 1

Greased up 2

Greased up 3

Great Post on the videos. Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Playboy X View Post
    This video highlights the times when GSP’s corner men would apply Vaseline (accidentally or not) to his back/shoulders/legs between rounds. Fights included GSP vs. Koscheck, Hughes 3, Serra 2, Fitch, & Penn 2.

http://www.megavideo.com/?v=EDQVFVQC
    Good post as well....very interesting

xnotoriousx is offline Anabolic Member
    the question is, is bj alright? I think he might have got killed if he went out in the 5th.

NewMuscle83 is offline Member

what stand point was that video trying to show?

zimmy is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by **** View Post
    I dont see anything that would change the outcome either.
    GSP dominated and I beleive the vaseline made zero difference.
    He went for a double armbar but coudln't keep it because of the grease. Not saying he didn't loose the match...but he could have maybe won it. Besides...how do you push some one back with your legs so they can't hit you if they are a slippery mess?

There is NO allegations of grease on the arm. 'Small amout on trap area'. I'm sure that Bj will run with this because he can't keep his mouth shut. Truth is Bj dosen't belong in this weight class, he isent stong enough to to hold someone like GSP. He will drop down 155 and always us this as an excuse.

QuieTSToRM33 is offline Anabolic Member
    Grease or no grease ... the outcome would've been the same.

GSP passed BJ's guard at will ... and BJ had no answer for it.

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Still shows GSP being shady, feeling he needs an edge. Takes away from his credibility, makes me want to see Alves step up and destroy him.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

ampx is offline Junior Member
    I want to see anderson silva fight gsp

Knockout_Power is offline "Even sexier than Siggy"

Why BJ even deserves a shot at GSP is beyond me. Im not doubting his skill, he's a remarkable athelete but should he not have to at least prove himself @ 170 before being granted a shot? Give him a match vs. someone credible like Koschek, Fitch or Alves to see if he can hold his own @ 170 before being mauled by the champ. I know this made for more of a money grab, but seemed a bit unfair to the rest of the division. Yes, I thought BJ might have a "slight" chance of winning if he caught GSP in the stand up, but we all knew this was going to happen.

Everyone thought A.Silva didnt deserve a title shot when he moved up to 205, but BJ does when he moves up? The guy should except that he was outworked, out trained and then out classed. The only area he seems to be better at is running his mouth. So much for "one of the classiest fighters in the sport".

And, for the sake of argument, lets say the grease stopped him for executing a submission move. Is that ALL he trained for when stepping in the ring against a GSP? Any good (non arrogant) fighter knows he will need many tools to win a fight. Relying on a sub shows he really never had a credible answer for Georges.

Just my 2 cents, feel free to rip on me, but BJ went from being one of my favorite top 5 fighters to someone I dont want to see fight again unless its him being beaten... badly.

KP

ampx is offline Junior Member
    Well sayed, should be a sports writer.

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Knockout_Power View Post
    Why BJ even deserves a shot at GSP is beyond me. Im not doubting his skill, he's a remarkable athelete but should he not have to at least prove himself @ 170 before being granted a shot? Give him a match vs. someone credible like Koschek, Fitch or Alves to see if he can hold his own @ 170 before being mauled by the champ. I know this made for more of a money grab, but seemed a bit unfair to the rest of the division. Yes, I thought BJ might have a "slight" chance of winning if he caught GSP in the stand up, but we all knew this was going to happen.

Everyone thought A.Silva didnt deserve a title shot when he moved up to 205, but BJ does when he moves up? The guy should except that he was outworked, out trained and then out classed. The only area he seems to be better at is running his mouth. So much for "one of the classiest fighters in the sport".

And, for the sake of argument, lets say the grease stopped him for executing a submission move. Is that ALL he trained for when stepping in the ring against a GSP? Any good (non arrogant) fighter knows he will need many tools to win a fight. Relying on a sub shows he really never had a credible answer for Georges.

Just my 2 cents, feel free to rip on me, but BJ went from being one of my favorite top 5 fighters to someone I dont want to see fight again unless its him being beaten... badly.

KP
    Shit I couldnt agree with you more, BJ is done at 170, lets move on and like you said lets see AS get some big fights.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

Bj is now going to jump to 205

Quote Originally Posted by Brown Ninja View Post
    Bj is now going to jump to 205
    WHAT?! Your kidding, right. He's going back down to 145/155 lbs.

He has fought that high before but I was kidding. He has fought Gracie and Machida at over 200.

In all honesty, short of Tito, BJ has been Machida's most difficult fight

#1ComputerGeek is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by seriousmass View Post
    It just shows how much of a deuchebag Penn is. He is a lazy piece of crap. Yes he is an amazing fighter, but dedication?? HA. he trains 5 months out of the year? what a joke.

He got absolutely rocked in that fight. He is just using excuses, because he is trying to make up for his loud mouth.

he did too much sh**t talking before the fight... and now all his fans have turned on him, because a FRENCH canadian beat the crap out of him. If they fight again, I garuntee GSP would break his nose.

This.

huh?

Quote Originally Posted by #1ComputerGeek View Post
    This.
    He said (this)

Deltasaurus is offline The Over Analyzing Nattabolic
    well GSP said they can fight again with Garder's on. read it on Sherdog

I hope gsp happy gilmores him with the rash gaurd and beats the shit out of fat boy again

I would like to see another fight...gps has a lot more confidence and would school bj again...dont get me wrong I like bj...and someday i am going to make millions and sit on the beach and smoke weed and get drunk...

After taking his mommy to court with him and after the court has chosen not to pursue it. BJ Penn continues to say there was greasing and now is speculating that GSP is taking Steroids ! Just fight again already!

http://www.rawvegas.tv/watch/bj-penn...ca433407755ba0

I hope Florian beats the shit out of him and puts a stop to all this

Jason Miller recently had some interesting quotes about GSP as well. Makes you wonder

Thread Information