AR's King Silabolin is offline Castle Power

Cheap smartscale displays all body values!

I went to our natioal cheap carshopcompany today and bougth my self a digital scale. Fair price but when i took a closer look i become really impressed. It was a smart-scale and with bluetooth and a smartphone it displays in addition to bodyweigth; fat amount (%), bodywater (%), lean muscles (kg), bone mass (kg), bellyfat (kg), BMI, and basal combustion (BMR kcal) -directly translated..hm..metabolism perhaps....

Or it shows just bodyweigth but it signals the app to display those values in the app.

I didnt know it was so simple these days. 60 dollars.
    Ofcourse batteries did not follow and ofcourse i didnt find any at home so i have to wait to morrow until i try it, but man....this is all ya need...for free!!

I saw a fat sugar documentary on the TV and the guys there had to enter a carsized machine to get their fatlevel and lean muscles mass values.

Or is this a scam too there BB...lol?...with all bullshit values

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    Another scam

Have one of those, although I wasnt scammed in 60 dollars, much cheaper... Well maybe 60 dollars is less for you than 30€ for me...

Anyways, by my scale im 25% bodyfat

Its just an app, it doesnt really measure fat, just calculate it from height and weight, but the weight part works good so im happy.

No,this must be something different. It says the scale send some signals through the body while you stand on it and resend those signals to the app which calculate the other values. Or it calculates the values on its own and makes the smartphone app display and log it.
    People with pacemakers, high blood pressure, heart disease should not use this scale, so it must be more to it than just calculating from heigth/weigth.

Hehe, only way i guess is to do bloods...again....or in this case, get those values from a professional and then compare to the cheap weigth values.
    Last edited by AR's King Silabolin; 03-22-2016 at 07:16 AM.

InternalFire is offline Anabolic Member
    there not entirely scam, I believe they work to an extent, but when one hits body composition and weight beyond of what worlds society has set as "normal" , they may start showing some values way off, I guess.

I've spent about 100eur on body composition scales made by Omron, model: BF511, some years ago, and there pretty accurate I must say, although I always give some extra measure with plastic body fat calliper (as gives good sense of where areas get set with stubborn fat if any) just as an extra measure and I feel the body composition scales works very well for me.

You could have probably got something that works in a similar or even better way, so dont knock it just yet, however, give it a shot, sometimes you may be surprised how well things can do. you would want to measure yourself and track the scale progress and that probably be the best ways to see if there BS or not. When I followed my training and dieting by the book to give my scales a benchmark, they had showed exactly as I have been expecting them to show, so there you go. Everyone may have varying experiences tho

Dont see any brand name. Just that its manufactured by Ningbo Putian Information Industry.
    Yeah..i will not scam this yet. I know where im at from compariosn pics so i will pu the scale to its test tomorrow. And if it gets the fat% rigth, those other values migth be rigth aswell

scam....37% bodyfat....

Thread Information