Thread: Cla / Flax ??

Jayro107 is offline New Member

Lightbulb Cla / Flax ??

[b] Which Supplement Do You Think Works Better Cla Or Flax? Can Anyone Explain The Two Thanks......... :d

RoNNy THe BuLL is offline Anabolic Member
    Flax. CLA is too expensive and is a supplement. Flax is actually in your diet. If you can't have both, go with the Flax.

I'm too lazy to get into the details. Maybe in the morning I will. Sorry bro!

flax comes in oil pill right?
    thanx ronny

bigsd67 is offline Anabolic Member
    flax comes in a pill yes, but the liquid is much more concentrated and much more cost efficient...i tablespoon of oil equals 14 pills.

GREENMACHINE is offline Are you green enough?

flax

We sell a product here in Ireland from Canada called Udo's choice it contains flax along with other efa's is this better than flax alone.

smash123456 is offline New Member
    what does cla do for your body and is it good

Thanks Guys... Smash Cla Helps Keep Fat Off Of Your Body After Dieting It Is Fat But "good Fat The Ones You Need"

Anyone Correct Me If Im Wrong

Ironweb is offline Member
    Here is some good info I found on our sponsors website about CLA:

CLA (Conjugated Linoleic Acid) is a naturally occurring nutrient which scientists have discovered exerts a positive effect on protein and fat metabolism.

Controlled scientific studies have shown that supplementing with CLA may favorably affect body composition. Scientists hypothesize that CLA, possibly acting to enhance metabolic activity at the cellular membrane level, may allow those who supplement with CLA, exercise, and follow a healthy lifestyle to lose fat and gain muscle definition faster. EAS introduced CLA to the supplement market in 1996 and was the first company to fund human clinical studies involving this patented dietary supplement.

Q: Have there been any studies done on CLA?
    A: CLA has been extensively studied by doctors and scientists. They have repeatedly shown that supplementing the food intake of animals with CLA may promote a number of positive effects, faster rates of growth being one of them. Another possible positive effect they have observed numerous times is that CLA seems to minimize catabolism. The scientists who have made these discoveries are so confident that CLA has numerous positive effects that they have patented the use of CLA for promoting growth, improving feed efficiency, and have also filed, and received, patents for the use of CLA in preventing muscle wasting due to high levels of catabolic hormones.

Q: Can you get the same effects of CLA from using linoleic acid or fish oils?
    A: Probably not. Scientists have compared fish oils and CLA head to head and only observed positive results with CLA supplementation. Although microorganisms in the digestive tract convert some linoleic acid to conjugated linoleic acid, the process does not appear to be efficient. You'd probably have to ingest an unrealistic, and perhaps unhealthy, amount of plain linoleic acid to obtain enough CLA to possibly exert a beneficial effect.

Q: What's the best dosage of CLA to take?
    A: The patent claims for CLA as a method for enhancing weight gain, promoting growth, or improving "feed efficiency" involve dosages that range anywhere from .01% to 2% or more of the weight of the animal's or human's total daily intake of food. At least one other study proposed that a daily dosage of about 3.5 grams (for a 70-kg [154-lb] person) could possibly be effective in producing positive effects. A number of the studies that used CLA to promote growth in healthy animals used .5% to 1% of their total "feed." Now, if you do some calculations, you'll find the typical "maintenance calorie intake" for a healthy weight-training male who weighs between 180 and 200 lbs is probably around 500 to 600 grams of food a day. If you take 500 grams and multiply it by 1%, you end up with 5 grams. Now, assuming that a relatively balanced intake of whole foods has about a gram of CLA a day, it seems that it would make sense to supplement with an additional four grams of CLA, in divided doses with meals. With the EAS product, we recommend people take two capsules with three meals daily (six total CLA capsules). That suggested dosage yields 4.8 grams of CLA.

Q: Does CLA cause any side effects?
    A: CLA is a dietary supplement, not a drug. This compound occurs naturally in a variety of foods, and extensive research on CLA has shown no toxicity nor any adverse effects. At this time, CLA has no known side effects.

Q: Is it true that CLA might also be an antioxidant?
    A: CLA may have powerful antioxidant properties. Antioxidants are compounds that "squelch" free radicals that flow around in your system and screw things up. In one study, under the conditions of the test used, CLA was shown to have antioxidant properties much greater than beta-carotene. Another study showed CLA may be significantly more powerful than Vitamin E, another very popular antioxidant. Dr. Yann Rougier, M.D., (perhaps Europe's leading sports doctor) believes CLA "might be the key to muscle growth." He believes that by some mechanism, the antioxidant properties of CLA might somehow "clean the lock" of nutrient-transport systems across muscle-cell membranes. He feels CLA might facilitate dramatic muscle growth by simply increasing nutrient flow to cells.

Q: I'm new to weight training and am interested in trying the product CLA. Should I get more training experience behind me before I try this product?
    A: Try CLA (conjugated linoleic acid) to see if it works for you. It's common to hear that novice weight trainers improve in strength and size no matter what they do, so some people recommend waiting to try supplements until after you've hit a plateau. However, if you can get a head start at the beginning of your program, why not? A recent study supports the idea of novice weight trainers (like yourself) using CLA. In the study, 24 men (age: 19-28 yrs.), who were beginning lifters, ingested 7.2 grams a day of either CLA or a placebo (vegetable oil) while completing 6 weeks of weight-training exercise. When compared to the lifters taking the placebo, the group taking CLA experienced greater increases in the size of their arms, their leg press maximal strength went up, and their bodyfat remained about the same but their bodyweight increased, indicating an increase in lean body mass. It sounds like the CLA group "jump-started" their programs for sure!

Q: Specifically, what's the source of your CLA product?
    A: There are 1,000 mgs of vegetable oil in each soft gel capsule with 80% conjugated linoleic acid (CLA) and 20% other fatty acid. TBHQ (0.02%), an antioxidant, has been added to preserve freshness.

Q: Is CLA a supplement I can use when I'm trying to reduce my bodyfat? Isn't it a fat?
    A: Actually, CLA is a naturally occurring fatty acid found in a number of foods. (Fatty acids are the molecules that make up a fat.) And contrary to popular belief, not all fats are "bad," in fact, some are downright magical! Studies show that CLA may indeed be an effective supplement for supporting fat loss and increases in lean body mass. Research suggests CLA can do this by altering the way the body uses and stores energy.

Q: What exactly is CLA?
    A: CLA stands for conjugated linoleic acid. It's a naturally occurring fatty acid in a number of foods. It was originally isolated in cooked ground beef, believe it or not, about ten years ago. Fatty acids are the molecules that make up a fat, in sort of the same way amino acids are the molecules that make up a protein. Examples of other fatty acids include linoleic acid and linolenic acid.

What exactly does conjugated mean? Well, it simply means the molecule has what's known as two double carbon bonds, separated by one single bond. You chemists out there will understand that perfectly, but for those of you who are experts in some other field, suffice it to say that those conjugated double bonds give it properties very different from regular linoleic acid (the kind found in flax oil or borage oil). CLA is not a drug. In fact, it's found in relatively large quantities in some foods like dairy products, beef and veal, and even turkey. The average person probably gets up to one gram a day just by eating regular foods. The trouble is, you'd probably have to eat more meat or more cheese than you ever dreamed of to get enough CLA to see any beneficial effects. For instance, cheeses have an average of between 2.9 mg and 7.1 mg of CLA per gram of fat. You'd have to eat cheese on the order of several pounds a day to get anywhere near the four-gram dosage that appears to be beneficial to humans. It makes more sense to consume CLA supplements that contain a high concentration of this unique fatty acid.

great info iron web if you could find anything on flax i would greatly appreciate it such as flax (liquid) VS flax seed (liquid)

Ironweb is offline Member

Thread Information