HOLLYWOOD is offline Senior Member

Critique My Workout

all my exercises have only one working set kind of like yate's workout except exercises like dips and chins which i do rest pause sets being 3sets with 15second intervals

day1 - chest - incline free bench 3-5reps
    - incline dumbells 6-8reps
    - dips rest pause/sets
    - machine flyes 8-10reps
    day2 - arms - straigth bar curls 3-5 reps
    - preacher bench curls 6-8reps
    - underhand close-grip chins rest/pause
    - skullcrushers 3-5reps
    - overhead dumbell ext. 6-8
    - cable pushdowns rest/pause

day3 - legs - squats 15-20reps
    - legs press 3-5reps
    - laying leg curls 8-10reps
    - leg extentions 10-12reps
    - standing calve raises 12-15

day4 - shoulders - smith military press 3-5reps
    - dumbell press 6-8reps
    - upright rows 3-5reps
    - seated laterals 6-8reps

day5 - back - wide-grip chins rest/pause
    - bent-rows 3-5reps
    - wide grip pulldowns 3-5reps
    - deads 15-20reps

remember there is only one workign set and as many warm-up sets as needed! i also tried to incorperate both muscle building rep ranges for strength and growth! i do have one question tho i'm not too sure as to where i should put some shrugs and also rear delt exercises im lagging in those 2 areas so keep that in mind! also im too sure about the rest/pause sets if they would be to my benefit but i feel they work good on body weight exercises and also some cable exercises, so tell me what ya think??? o i forgot to mention sundsays are my rest days!!!thanx
    Last edited by crosby7117; 11-28-2004 at 04:11 PM.

6_pak is offline Associate Member
    I'm not a big fan of one working set, but i will give you my .02 anyway. Shrugs are usually done on either back day or shoulder day, so whichever day you feel like doing them on is ok. On back day, your traps are getting hit hard when you do deads, and also on shoulder day when you do upright rows. So either one would be fine. Rear delts are basically in the same situation as traps. Although they are actually your shoulder, some do it on back day, so i think either day would be ok. In my experience rest/pause sets are beneficial, but i didnt do them every workout. I actually incorporate them when i feel i am in a plateua, but if you think they're working good for you, keep it up.
    Why are you doing underhand chins on arm day.??? They should still be considered a back exercise. It works your back at a different angle. I could see by just using your arms how it could be a arm exercise, but i think there are more beneficial exercises for your arms. You also need to do sitting calve raises to get a complete calf development.

my bi's started growing again once i started doing the underhand chins so thats y i like to do them! also im not looking to go into shows and thats y i dont do the seated calf raises because i like the look of high calve muscles and seated brings out the lower part of your calf which is not really what im looking for i know it sounds weird but i just like the look! ya that what i was asking if basically you would do rear delts on back or delt day and traps on back or delt day! im just unsure as to which day i want to throw them in!

AlluiciousJones is offline New Member
    Are you trying to gain weight? losd?

Depending on you goals your workout can be critiqued a bit more accuratley.

im trying to keep the muscle i have while dieting!!!

Thread Information