Thread: specific situation
02-03-2005, 01:48 AM #1New Member
- Join Date
- Jan 2005
- College Station Texas
If anyone could help me out with this I would very much appreciate it. I am having some trouble deciding how to take my supplements and when to lift. I play rugby and we practice from 8pm to 10pm every night. We do a lot of conditioning but are expected to lift on our own. I have been lifting about 5 every day, the only time of the day I have time. I eat a lot of food throughout the day, but dont know exactly when to take the supplements, shakes, and if I should change my lifting time (would have to dramatically change my schedule to do this).
Muscle Milk - as my protein shake
Animal Pak for the multi
1) when should I be drinking the shake(s)
2) when should i take the animal pak
3) are there any other supplements in particular that would help me out
4) is the lifting, taking an hour and a half break, and then doing intense cardio hurting me at all
02-03-2005, 09:35 AM #2Originally Posted by JonEberle
2) Not for sure what it is. If it is a multi, then just take it the same times everyday. If it is a stimulant, 1 hour before exercise.
3) Healthy food is going to be your best supplement. Maybe glutamine.
4) While this is not exactly ideal for bodybuilders, you should be trying to improve your "performance" since you play a sport. I would seperate the two activites more if you can. This will provide more meals (nourishment) and more recovery and allow you to work at maximal capability, thus improving performance.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)