Naturally Anabolic is offline Associate Member

Beat on my legs and still not sore :(

went to failure on the following exercise/reps for legs tonight and was still not sore

Hack squat 3x10
    squat 3x10
    legpress 3x10,8,8
    Leg extensions 3x10
    reverse extensions(hamstring) 3x10
    Standing Calf raises 3x10
    Seated Calf raises 3x10

Absolute failure and could barely walk out of the gym cause my legs were trembling and weak feeling, but they aren't sore at all what gives?

Hitman is offline Senior Member
    are you squeezing out each rep?i mean dont just focus on lifting the weight but try to flex and work the muscle to. Are you locking your legs at the straight part of the movement?if so dont, stop just short of locking so the weight is always on. And why not try adding a set of 12reps to each excercise. And lastly if you can still crawl out the gym you havent done enough lol. Good luck.......HITMAN

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    First off NEVER leave the gym exhausted, you want some recovery. I'm pretty much the same as you, it's seldom I get some after a workout. It doesn't mean your not going to grow Natty. Next time I catch you on AIM I'll send a leg pic and mine grow !.

Hitman is offline Senior Member
    Originally posted by Bouncer AKA bouncer
    First off NEVER leave the gym exhausted, you want some recovery. I'm pretty much the same as you, it's seldom I get some after a workout. It doesn't mean your not going to grow Natty. Next time I catch you on AIM I'll send a leg pic and mine grow !.
    As always theres a different take on things im finding im getting good size and definition by going in hard and coming out fucked and your finding vica versa, but c'mon bouncer how can you say never, recovery is for your days off, JMO..........HITMAN

jonesmeister is offline Junior Member
    i love doing legs, and always leave exhausted but i never get the same burn in my legs aS i do in other muscles but they r growing

A_Nice is offline Associate Member
    I know what you mean, leg day I find myself walking out real jittery with my legs kinda like jello but they kinda stopped "hurting" the next day.

I find it kind of hard to alternate different leg exercises, so lately ive been experimenting with less rest time between sets and doing higher reps... its been working.

bigkev is offline Scamming Traitor
    try throwing in some lunges to complete failure at the end, and up your squats to 5 sets, all done to absolute failure.

NightOp is offline Member
    bigkev, how much time to you rest between sets on squats?

Canes4Ever is offline Banned
    Originally posted by Bouncer AKA bouncer
    I can tell you I have seen this pic and I would listen to Bouncer, he has some amazing wheels. !!!

Canes4Ever is offline Banned

Re: Beat on my legs and still not sore :(

Originally posted by Naturally Anabolic
    went to failure on the following exercise/reps for legs tonight and was still not sore

Hack squat 3x10
    squat 3x10
    legpress 3x10,8,8
    Leg extensions 3x10
    reverse extensions(hamstring) 3x10
    Standing Calf raises 3x10
    Seated Calf raises 3x10

Absolute failure and could barely walk out of the gym cause my legs were trembling and weak feeling, but they aren't sore at all what gives?
    1st off not feeling DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness) is not a sign of NOT GROWING ! Don't panic !!!

If I were you I would do my regular squats 1st off, and I would increase to 5 or 6 sets, and throw the leg extentions out. I am not a big fan of them as I feel they can easily lead to knee damage as many folks lock them out.

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    Ok I should never say never, sorry.
    Anyway I don't believe it's productive to ever leave the gym exhausted after your workout. Go to failure by all means, thats what makes you grow. But exhaustion is something else entirely. If you leave the gym totally exhausted it's not just the body part you trained that needs recovery, it's your entire body. And hitting another part the next day in the belief that you've recovered from your previous days marathon session is going to lead you no where.
    I have often heard guys saying "Jeeze I spent 3 hours in the gym today and I'm totally exhausted......See you down there again tomorrow Martin, blah blah blah" WRONG !.
    Marathon runner's do a 3 hour run only a couple of times a year, no matter their level of competition. Because they need the extra time for a complete body recovery.
    Anyway thats getting off the topic.
    Lunges like Kev says will do the trick, as will drop sets on your leg extentions. But will they bring on DOMS I can't say. Because I very rarely suffer it myself, unfortunetly, but I still manage to grow and get stronger with every new year in the gym.

Bouncer

Thread Information