Machdiesel is offline Anabolic Member

Wanna look hudge, only one exercise for me!!

I have recently switched over from a "bodubuiling workout" working one muscle a day, to a sports workout, and am seeing HUDGE!!!results, n i feel it is because of one exercise. CLEAN!!!!!!!!!! Since i have started doing cleans, my body has taken on a whol enew shape. From the front my traps look GREAT!!! lower back feels much stronger, and i feel muslces being worked that i didnt even know i had. I feel like this exercise alone has made a hudge diff, the way i look n feel. I feel lik eim geting biggger and stronger, and workout only 3 days a week, it looks like this

Mon-Friday
    Flat bench, Incline,Squat, Clean

Wed
    Arms

all days using standard pyramid technique, THATS IT!!
    Just athought id share with u guys, its working out great for me, n it might for u, rmeber work smarter, not harder!!!

dr.shred is offline Senior Member
    bro, i totally agree with you im the same way. I usually do 1-2 strength lifts high sets low reps. Depends on body type, but for being fast twitch it works really well your probably the same way.

Snatch 7x3 2 min rest
    Front squat 6x6 2 min rest
    the usually like one hamstring, one quad exercise 8-12 reps 3 sets.
    -SHRED

***rock*** is offline Junior Member
    Olympic lifts should be the basis of any athlete's workout.....

SprinterOne is offline Senior Member
    I agree. I'm an athlete and the only lifts I do are cleans, squats (front and back), deads, bench, snatch, pull-ups and dips. I look better than I ever did on a "bodybuilding" routine, and it takes me about 1/3 of the time to lift.

Yea. i agree about the lookin better. I am not an athlete but will def stay with this type of workout. I also feel MUCH less axhes n pains in my body, prob because im not doing countless exercises n reps for each muscle. It makes me wonder why people push and push the one body part a week routine. Its only been 2 weeks n im getting much stronger n looking better then i ever did on the opther routine. I even know some people that do bench squat clean mon wed fri, working their bodypart 3 times a week, IDK its jsut weird most people conform to the one bodypart a week routine, it takes more time, more effort, and less results

Tags is offline Associate Member
    I would have to disagree with the less results part... Did SC or Ronnie or even me... Did we get to were we were at by training like that??? No... You can't get all ur muscle groups trained by doing what your doing, and after a while your body will get used to that lift...

And 2 weeks bro??? No results come on that fast, I don't care if your juicing... Maby you just saw urself in the mirror while u were pumped with more of an "overall" pump... about the only thing I can think of...
    Last edited by Tags; 07-16-2005 at 10:11 AM.

63190 is offline Anabolic Member
    I can't snatch, but I can clean and jerk. I like them. My 1RM for that is 195. Not bad, eh? That's about what I weigh and I'm 6' 3". That's a long way for the weight to travel.

SprinterOne is offline Senior Member
    195 is pretty darn good. I think anytime you can clean your body weight that is good. I am 175 and can 1RM 180.

chest6 is offline Banned
    man I havent done that in awhile but i can prolly get 260 still. Do they really help that much?

bigdogc is offline Associate Member
    i love powerclean, my favorite exercise. i was at 255 before i blew out the back.

63190 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chest6
    man I havent done that in awhile but i can prolly get 260 still. Do they really help that much?
    Only one way to find out. Just make sure you can get the technique down cold with a plate on each side before you move up. Have some one who knows how give you constructive citisism.

Dally is offline The Dally Lama
    what the hell is a clean and jerk? it reminds me of what I do when I'm in the shower....

ehhehehe

is that where you are standing over a weight shoulder width legs apart and comfortable grip overhand ....in one motion pull up to a shoulder press position and then press it, then back to a shoulder press position and then back to the floor and repeat?

thanks, I just may incorporate this...

flexin-rph is offline Member
    I love the cleans....seems like a more efficient trap exercise than most conventional shrugs....

question on powercleans, the gym i go to doesnt have an olympic lift station, so i use the clean station with the regular weights. Because of this once i have done my powerclean, i can not just throw it back down, i have to bring it back down to the "shrug position", then lower my legs n bring it tot he floor. Is this bad for my back??? or is it perfectly fine?

***rock*** is offline Junior Member
    As long as you control the weight you should be OK

most gyms are not set up for OL

Gassy is offline Junior Member
    Can someone please describe the Clean, I think I know what it is but I'm not sure. Thanks in advance.

Thread Information