Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1. #1
    icedudez's Avatar
    icedudez is offline Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    cardiff wales
    Posts
    751

    New Workout, Help If U Can...

    ok ive been doing the same workout for 3-4 months
    mon - chest
    tues - back
    wed - legs
    thurs - shoulders
    fri - arms
    3-4 exercises per body part as heavy as poss and ive gained off of it but i thnk i need something new...a PT at my gym suggested

    mon - chest n tris
    tues - back n bis
    wed - legs
    thurs - shoulders

    and he suggested becos ive been going heavy for ages that i do all my sets 12 reps for 1 week then 10 reps the next then 8 the next and so on and then repeat the process, will i grow off this, would it be recommended only off cycle becos im gonna run sd soon i thnk or would it be fine on...? any response would be much appreciated thanks!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    strong island, NY
    Posts
    579
    you need some rest days homie. you shouldnt be lifting everyday. split it up: Monday, Wednesday, Friday.

  3. #3
    icedudez's Avatar
    icedudez is offline Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    cardiff wales
    Posts
    751
    my rest days wud be fri sat n sun, thats nt everyday? well how wud i split it up then the 4 days
    wat woudl u do\?

  4. #4
    icedudez's Avatar
    icedudez is offline Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    cardiff wales
    Posts
    751
    bump bump bump wat about what the pt told me bout my reps etc??

  5. #5
    icedudez's Avatar
    icedudez is offline Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    cardiff wales
    Posts
    751
    bump

  6. #6
    decadbal's Avatar
    decadbal is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    North Charlotte
    Posts
    11,924
    ive never heard of cycling your reps like that, only thing i can think of is try it and see, i go back and forth between low reps and hi, but i stick to higher reps for longer, low reps with real heavy causes injury usually, and provides alot of damage after long periods. it justs basically beats your body up. now i go heavy with higher rep ranges and am beginnin to get alot more to show for it, than when i was doing the heavy heavy lower stuff.

  7. #7
    dr.shred's Avatar
    dr.shred is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    1,328
    first off consecutive days off like that isnt the way to go for a number of reason. Another thing you dont want to do back and legs close together like that. I believe i already said this in another thread.

  8. #8
    dr.shred's Avatar
    dr.shred is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    1,328

  9. #9
    icedudez's Avatar
    icedudez is offline Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    cardiff wales
    Posts
    751
    Quote Originally Posted by dr.shred
    first off consecutive days off like that isnt the way to go for a number of reason. Another thing you dont want to do back and legs close together like that. I believe i already said this in another thread.
    i dont deadlift though...? lol here comes the abuse,

  10. #10
    dr.shred's Avatar
    dr.shred is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    1,328
    Quote Originally Posted by icedudez
    i dont deadlift though...? lol here comes the abuse,
    why not?

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    the gym
    Posts
    4,195
    Quote Originally Posted by icedudez
    i dont deadlift though...? lol here comes the abuse,
    Deadlifts are what seperates the men from the boys bro, you gotta hit your deads!!!

  12. #12
    smokethedays's Avatar
    smokethedays is offline Veni, Vedi, Vici.
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    In The Kitchen :)
    Posts
    4,548
    Blog Entries
    1
    i won't combine chest and tries or back and bis
    cause tris are used a little in chest so by the time u get to the tris work out they've already lost some strength, same thing with back and bis.

  13. #13
    icedudez's Avatar
    icedudez is offline Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    cardiff wales
    Posts
    751
    Quote Originally Posted by stayinstacked
    Deadlifts are what seperates the men from the boys bro, you gotta hit your deads!!!
    lol ya basturd , i know im gonna start doin em but i gotta do em on the smithy

  14. #14
    decadbal's Avatar
    decadbal is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    North Charlotte
    Posts
    11,924
    i only do deads when im bulkin... deads are key in alot, but they dont have to always be done.. i cycle them in and out, same with squats.. i dont squat year round.. after a few injuries you will to. i do think deads and squats are 2 of the top 3 exercises, but until your form is dead one, you dont need them all the time, and i dont feel you do even after your form is correct. most pros dont dead year round. either way try both methods and see what works, thats the only real answer your gonna find, is try and try another and see which works best.

  15. #15
    Ejuicer's Avatar
    Ejuicer is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Posts
    2,758
    Quote Originally Posted by icedudez
    ok ive been doing the same workout for 3-4 months
    mon - chest
    tues - back
    wed - legs
    thurs - shoulders
    fri - arms
    3-4 exercises per body part as heavy as poss and ive gained off of it but i thnk i need something new...a PT at my gym suggested

    mon - chest n tris
    tues - back n bis
    wed - legs
    thurs - shoulders

    and he suggested becos ive been going heavy for ages that i do all my sets 12 reps for 1 week then 10 reps the next then 8 the next and so on and then repeat the process, will i grow off this, would it be recommended only off cycle becos im gonna run sd soon i thnk or would it be fine on...? any response would be much appreciated thanks!

    I would switch legs to tues take wed off do shoulders on thurs and back on fri... i would also switch bi's and tri's to chest/ bi's and back/tri's. I dont agree with pairing them up like you mentioned, the muscle should be fresh and stimulated rather then being used as a secondary muscle for the larger body part and not being able to put optimal effort and heavier weights because you've already exhausted them.

  16. #16
    icedudez's Avatar
    icedudez is offline Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    cardiff wales
    Posts
    751
    Quote Originally Posted by Ejuicer
    I would switch legs to tues take wed off do shoulders on thurs and back on fri... i would also switch bi's and tri's to chest/ bi's and back/tri's. I dont agree with pairing them up like you mentioned, the muscle should be fresh and stimulated rather then being used as a secondary muscle for the larger body part and not being able to put optimal effort and heavier weights because you've already exhausted them.
    i asked my pt about this and he said it was papp but i think YOUR right and i dnt agree with him to be honest, he's been training for like 7 years and hes only just bigger than me, he can;t know that much?!

  17. #17
    towtheline is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    frozen wasteland
    Posts
    115

    pt does not=expert

    If your pt was worth a shiat he wouldn't say no to this routine suggested. It is trial and error until you find your routine. Just change it up so your muscle fibers have to keep guessing. A lot of pt's think they know it all and really lack knowledge and experience. Just my .02

  18. #18
    Ejuicer's Avatar
    Ejuicer is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Posts
    2,758
    I dont agree with his routine at all, I'm a trainer myself... You have to be carefull with picking a trainer at some gyms because some dont really know more then the average gym rat. It isn't mandatory to continue your education at all. Once you have your cert, you're done. Plus some courses are just rediculously easy to pass. There's a huge difference between theory and experience, and I have come across trainers before that have never really lifted weights.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •