SouthSideBeast is offline New Member

need help with ABS??

OK let me first start out with that i have a bet in 3 months with my cousin that whoever has a 6-pac by then ''december 24'' will get $200. I need a lot of help. i neeed to drop my BF a bit i think in 18% or 16%. I need to know the best exercises to help them shape up. I know about all the cardio im gonna have to do but im ready. Im planning on do cardio 5 or 6 times a week twice a day in the early morning and in the evening. i dont really have a set diet yet but im going to drop carbs especially bread. Drink a lot of water and eat a lot of protien.and lower my caloric intake.What are the best foods for protien my diet. im going to try to eat 6 to 7 meals a day. Do you guys think it is possible to get a ripped 6-pac in 3 months. I always wanted one and it would be the perfect christmas present for me and my gf. O yea and im going to buy AAR's clen do you guys think that will help at all?? please any responses and advise would be very appreciated Thanks.

SouthSideBeast is offline New Member

Ps.

would it be good to purchase some gluatamine because i heard you should take it right after or before cardio. Please need some experts helping me..

Flexor is offline Banned
    I'm not sure what your knowledge of abs is so I'll start from the top since I've got nothing better to do until tmrw.

I don't know about clen or dieting cos I've always had no body fat, but if you've got 18% body fat you won't even begin to see abs until you are down to around 10-12%. If you had absolutely no fat right now you would have a ripped 6 pac. Abs are about 75% diet and 25% work. Abs also take a long time to develop and take dedication because they are only small muscles and must be worked with reps upwards of 20 because they are mostly slow twitch fibres. High reps will give your abs immediate muscle tone and some mass, but lower reps will add mass and make them pop out whilst also giving tone. It is good to train both ways, but once you have tone from doing crunches for a couple of weeks that is all the tone you will get and only bigger abs will look more shaped as they develop. (Just like doing higher reps won't increase muscle tone in your biceps, low reps increase tension and therefore give greater muscle tone)

Look at this recent thread about abs:

http://67.18.108.244/showthread.php?t=195835

Glutamine has one major effect. It replenishes the amino acid L-glutamine which is the main constituent amino acid in muscle tissue and the immune system. Stores can go down to 60% after a hard session. You will be wanting to do light intensity cardio for 45 mins on an elliptical trainer or incline treadmill at roughly 60% your MHR (anyone else know what cardio is best?) so a teaspoon a day may benefit you.

For protein don't overdue protein shakes, get real meals consisting of high quality protein. Such as egg white, lean red meat, poultry, low fat dairy etc.
    Last edited by Flexor; 09-25-2005 at 07:57 AM.

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    cable crunches, ball crunches, leg raises, twist with a broom stick, morning cardio on empty stomah and a clean ass diet,

Thread Information