BIGPHIL is offline Associate Member

MAke fun of this training plan please

Monday:-Chest/Delts
    Flat barbell bench (15,15,10,10,8,4)
    Incline DB flys (15,10,10,8,4)
    Low cable crossover (X2 complete burnouts)

Military Press (15,10,10,8)
    Seated DB front Raises (15,10)
    Standing DB side laterals (20,15,15,10)
    Standing Cabel side laterals (15,15)
    DB rear Flys (15,15,15)

TUESDAY:- Biceps
    EZ-bar Preacher Curls (20,15,10,10,8,6)
    Alternate DB curls(10,10,8,6)
    EZ bar cable attachement wide grip (X1burnout)
    EZ bar cable attachement narrow grip (X1burnout)

WEDENSDAY:-Legs
    Leg extension(warm ups) (15,15,15)
    Leg Press (20,20,15,15,10,10,10)
    Stiff legged DB deadlifts (15,15,15)
    Hack Squats (15,12,)(10-drop set burnout
    Lying Leg Curls (X3burnouts)
    Seated Leg Curls (15,15,10)
    Leg extensions (10,10,10)

THURSDAY:-OFF

FRIDAY:-Back/traps+Triceps
    Deadlifts(20,15,10,10,8,4)
    Lat pull downs (15,10,10,8)
    DB rows (15,10,10,10,8)
    DB Shrugs (10,10,10) drop set 20

Close grip press (15,10,10,8)
    Lyind DB extensions (15,10,10,8)
    Seated dips (X2 burnouts)
    pushdowns reverse & front grip (X3 burnouts)

Is this programme suitable.Im worried about the chest and delts together however i really like the feel of it i get such a pump from it.How about my set range e.t.c is it to much, rep range e.t.c....
    And im getting adeqaute sleep (8 hours)

Flexor is offline Banned

Thumbs down

Ah yes, here's the fun part

Delts with chest is good, you are right you get a pump because they are worked hard. Keep with that.

Change your reps for upper body parts including back to anywhere around 8-10 and lower body keep at between 15 and 20.

Drop front raises, drop cable crossovers, add DIPS MAN cmon (not only a tri workout), drop incline flyes for flat flyes, possibly add guillotine presses at 60% normal weight (pressing to the neck, substitutes need for incline and flyes). I will discuss later about putting tris with chest so that dips can be used for both at the same time and to put corresponding exercises together for maximum effect.

Drop cable side laterals for incline one arm lateral dbs. This means leaning one side of your body against the 45 deg incline bench, this keeps full stress on the medial delt all the time, whereas standing laterals are only hard at the top, and cables are rubbish. You want free weights so that the very fact that you are supporting the weight recruits more fibres and therefore more damage is caused.

Biceps workout is poor. Firstly forget MFing cables!!! They are not mass exercises and will do nothing for your bis! Preacher curls will mainly target the brachialis because the long head goes slack, so you need another exercise first, such as standing straight bb curls followed by preacher curls, possibly hammer curls, or incline db supinating curls. Preferably I would put back with biceps so that the back workout eg. pullups, rows etc, gives a good back workout in addition to the bi workout. Compound exercises such as chins and rows are essential for bi growth because you can use high weight. Put bis with back, do back first, followed by a couple of bi exercises to finally toast them.

Leg workout is sound. Tris with back though is stupid, should be tris with chest because this way you can use exercises that cause overlapping all at once to avoid overtraining and take advantage of heavy compound exercises. e.g. dips on chest day will work your triceps fantastically, and close grip will work both tris and slightly the chest, so you want those on the same days.

IMO, this split is always the best.

M chest (front delts auto), tris, medial delts
    T rest
    W back (rear delts aut), bis & forearms
    T rest
    F legs and calves

Read and enjoy...

PS. I am constantly writing this kind of thing on threads daily regarding splits, do a search before you make a new routine because sooner or later people will get sick of critiquing poor routines. No offence, you have mostly picked good exercises, and your leg workout is cool, but you asked for critique and i've given it...
    Last edited by Flexor; 11-29-2005 at 01:49 PM.

S.P.G is offline AR Workout Scientist
    Quote Originally Posted by Flexor
    PS. I am constantly writing this kind of thing on threads daily regarding splits, do a search before you make a new routine because sooner or later people will get sick of critiquing poor routines. No offence, you have mostly picked good exercises, and your leg workout is cool, but you asked for critique and i've given it...
    100% agreed, as you no I am always cutting and pasting some of my previous posts I was going to do exactly that with this post ass people keep constantly making the same mistakes, each person will be treated individually, it just saves time and finger work..

and yes nice post flexor....
    Last edited by S.P.G; 11-29-2005 at 02:01 PM.

Flexor is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by S.P.G
    100% agreed, as you no I am always cutting and pasting some of my previous posts I was going to do exactly that with this post ass people keep constantly making the same mistakes, each person will be treated individually, it just saves time and finger work..

and yes nice post flexor....
    For once I was in a typing mood after just finishing up an assignment on the effects of "plyometrics on muscle fibres, and joint plasticity"

From now on, I'll just keep cutting and put all the posts together to make one big momma when ppl ask similar things.

I'll keep cutting...get it? Haha, actually i'm mass building and will never need to cut

If i was doing front delts on chest day should i still involve military presses or just use incline bench
    Last edited by BIGPHIL; 11-29-2005 at 02:32 PM.

S.P.G is offline AR Workout Scientist
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGPHIL
    If i was doing front delts on chest day should i still involve military presses or just use incline bench
    shoulders after chest 3x side laterals 2-3x shoulder press is what I would recommend...

Quote Originally Posted by BIGPHIL

Monday:-Chest/Delts/ triceps
    Flat barbell bench 4 sets of 6-8 reps
    Incline DB press 4 sets of 8-10 reps
    Low cable crossover (X2 complete burnouts)

Military Press 3 sets of 6-8
    Standing DB side laterals 3 sets of 10-12
    Upright rows 3 sets of 8-10

Close grip bench 3 sets of 6-8
    skull crushers 3 sets of 8-10

TUESDAY:- Lats/Biceps
    Deadlifts 4 sets of 6-8
    Lat pull downs 4 sets of 8-10
    DB rows 4 sets of 6-8
    DB Shrugs 4 sets of 6-10

Hammer curls 3 sets of 6-8
    Db curls 3 sets of 10

WEDENSDAY:Cardio/ ABBS

THURSDAY:Rest

FRIDAY: Legs

Squats 4 sets 6-8
    Hack squats 3 sets 8-10
    Thigh ext 3 sets 10-12
    SLDL 3 sets 8-10
    Hamstring curls 3 sets 8 reps
    Standing calfs 4 sets 10-12 reps
    You can try this.......if you like you can do shoulders on Thursday.

cheers mate

Thread Information