Vice is offline Associate Member

Question Cardio Equipment Question!

I'm looking to pick up a cardio machine for my wife, since she's having a hard time getting to the gym.

I'm looking for something fairly inexpensive, even possibly used if i can find some deals, what would be the best selection for fat burning/calorie burning

Stationary bike

elliptical

or treadmill?

Thanks!

hawktribal is offline Senior Member
    all of them are going to burn calories.. i think it's a matter of what she likes best, for example you could have a tread but if she doesn't want to run she's never going to use it. have her pick something out

on a side note, not to flame whatsoever, but i've never really seen anyone who can't drive the 10 minutes to the gym, change their routine just because they bought something. home equipment always just seems to sit there. just my opinion, but i'd make sure she's dedicated to using it before you drop the couple hundred bucks.

as far as deals check ebay, when doing a search after the results come up display them by "Distance Nearest First" you can find some pretty ridiculous deals. also, your classifieds section will have tons of options as well

znak is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Vice
    I'm looking to pick up a cardio machine for my wife, since she's having a hard time getting to the gym.

I'm looking for something fairly inexpensive, even possibly used if i can find some deals, what would be the best selection for fat burning/calorie burning

Stationary bike

elliptical

or treadmill?

Thanks!
    I bought my wife an ellipital trainer. No knee impact and it works glutes and arms well enough for a 120 pound woman. Overall fitness.

I agree that all burn calories. Make sure to buy a TV for her also. My wife turns on Fashion channel and has burned 500 calories before she notices she is exercising.

Cheap is relative.

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    Or you could educate her on how to eat properly, that'd go a lot farther than a piece of cardio equipment.

Hard Head is offline Member
    Versa climber

1819 is offline Senior Member
    boring old stationary bike. cant beat em.

znak is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IBdmfkr
    Or you could educate her on how to eat properly, that'd go a lot farther than a piece of cardio equipment.
    Important, but it will not give her muscle tone. Need both diet and exercise to be healthy and in shape.

Vice is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IBdmfkr
    That has already been taken care of

Thread Information