TCEL300 is offline Member

Serious chest lagging

A friend of mine has been lifting hard for over 6 years now..and im wondering if it is a genetic thing..his chest sinks in..like it indents...he throws up some dease numbers hes 6'1 202 225x8 on incline...325 on flat for 1...his arms shoulders and back are huge..legs are big..his chest just WILL not grow...any1 care to chime in?..is it possibly his chest wont grow due to genetics?

Flexor is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TCEL300
    A friend of mine has been lifting hard for over 6 years now..and im wondering if it is a genetic thing..his chest sinks in..like it indents...he throws up some dease numbers hes 6'1 202 225x8 on incline...325 on flat for 1...his arms shoulders and back are huge..legs are big..his chest just WILL not grow...any1 care to chime in?..is it possibly his chest wont grow due to genetics?
    100% its genetics. If he is that strong and has been lifting for 6 years, it will never rectify itself fully. His chest will have been worked very well, and as a result has become strong. If the size doesn't come at the same time, that's just tough luck IMO.

G-Force is offline Anabolic Member
    i'm in the same boat my chest is lagging and no matter how hard i try i cant get it up to scrath with the rest of my body

Genetics you either have 'em or u dont

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    dos he train high reps to failure?

does he train high reps to failure?

Tren Bull is offline Dbol Junkie
    does he only do pressing exercises, or does his routine include flys too?

yes to both...we do drop sets, burn outs...flys...have tried almost everything...i was lookn @ him 2day after we lifted..it looks like his back almost wraps around..like poor posture?..anything would help guys i appreciate the feedback

how much volume how mny sets and days. you can train cest two or even 3 times a wk if done properly

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    As the others said, it is mostly due to genetics. He shouldn't give up though. A lot of times, when using a barbell, your anterior deltoids and triceps can take a lot of stress away from the pecs. Try starting with incline db presses instead of incline barbell presses. The stability requirements will take some stress off of the anterior delts and triceps. You put the anterior delts and triceps at a mechanical disadvantage with the upper arms traveling near perpendicular to the torso. It's the same principle as wide-grip bench presses.

juicy_brucy is offline Ripped, not bulky
    My chest sucks. I am happy with everything but my chest. i have the same problem...

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    Quote Originally Posted by juicy_brucy
    My chest sucks. I am happy with everything but my chest. i have the same problem...
    Have you tried what I described in my earlier post?

hey can any1 suggest a few chest workouts for my buddy to try?..he is gonna try hitting his chest twice a week and is lookn for some suggestions...once again thank you for all your help

juicy_brucy is offline Ripped, not bulky
    Quote Originally Posted by Papi93
    Have you tried what I described in my earlier post?
    Tonight bro, i will be giving it a go. I am willing to try anything, and it sounds like great advice...

Quote Originally Posted by Papi93
    As the others said, it is mostly due to genetics. He shouldn't give up though. A lot of times, when using a barbell, your anterior deltoids and triceps can take a lot of stress away from the pecs. Try starting with incline db presses instead of incline barbell presses. The stability requirements will take some stress off of the anterior delts and triceps. You put the anterior delts and triceps at a mechanical disadvantage with the upper arms traveling near perpendicular to the torso. It's the same principle as wide-grip bench presses.

he stays away from db's because of a shoulder injuiry from ball...he says everytime he uses db's it hurts..so he avoids it

Thread Information