infront barbell shrugs

Friday legs
    squats
    leg press
    hamstring curls
    leg extensions
    seated calf raises

Sat and Sun Off

Please give input on this routine im goiing to do 4 sets of each excericse for major muscle groups and 3 for minor muscle groups.

Kale is offline ~ Vet~ I like Thai Girls
    I love it thats exactly what I do except I swap Bi's and Tris around. ie Chest and Bi's Back and Tri's. You can do it either way IMO

Njectable is offline Member
    just wondering where the deadlifts are?

david beads is offline Junior Member
    what should i replace the deadlifts with?

Kale is offline ~ Vet~ I like Thai Girls
    no, he is saying you dont do any deadlifts. Lots of people dont. They are a good core excericise though.

Quote Originally Posted by david beads
    what should i replace the deadlifts with?
    well IMO you could just add them, don't replace anything, thats only 4 exercises for back, and you could also add 4 exercises for chest say decline bench press, cause you have 4 exercises for your legs, not including your clave exercises and chest and back are your other main muscle groups you hit other then legs, so doing 4 exercises for those 3 groups isn't gonna be overtraining and isn't gonna hurt anything. I do deadlifts first, but i know some guys do them at the end cause they are very draining, and stressful, its up to you where you put them in your routine, as for decline bench i would put it after incline and before flys

I will add deadlifts into my back routine, not sure if I like decline when workin my chest never feel a good pump, how about if i add cable crossovers after the flys. Also is 3 excercises too much for my secondary muscles (dont want to overtrain them) i.e. bi's and tris???? I have read that some guys only do 2 excercises of 3 sets,and 2 warmup sets.

NewlyDesigned is offline Junior Member
    I think it might be too much to finish them off, I only do 2. Some may think not tho, just have to see how yer body responds I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by david beads
    I will add deadlifts into my back routine, not sure if I like decline when workin my chest never feel a good pump, how about if i add cable crossovers after the flys. Also is 3 excercises too much for my secondary muscles (dont want to overtrain them) i.e. bi's and tris???? I have read that some guys only do 2 excercises of 3 sets,and 2 warmup sets.
    ya you could do crossovers after flys, but thats pretty much the same movement as DB flys. You could always do dips at the end if you don't like decline, that will also help your tri's out too. If you wanna do corssovers i would substitute them in for flys every other week or every other month or so, that way your changing it up slightly instead of the same thing over and over which will likely promote better growth. So do DB flys 1 week then next week do crossovers instead, or do DB flys for 2 weeks the crossovers for 2 weeks, or however u wanna do it, just a suggestion, only reason i said about decline is then you'd be hitting your chest at all angles, Dips will work to though. Also i wouldn't change anything with your smaller muscle groups such as arms and shoulders, 3 exercises is plenty, u don't wanna go over 8-9 sets for these groups, their's really no point, 6 sets would even do it, but i usually do 8-9 sets so keep the 3 exercises you have and do 3 sets for each. The exercises and movements you chose for everything looks really good, just have to get those deadlifts in.

Thanx for all the feedback im stoked to start this new routine next week!!

Thread Information