Alex Cross is offline New Member

Question Am I stretching TOOOOO Much???

Hey fellas,

Just wondering if I am overdoing it?? I seem to strech out my wanker 6-8 times a day?? It gets real rough!!

Hehe J/K... Truth be told, I stretch before workout, and I find myself doing stretches inbetween just about EVERY SET!! I have had bad elbow problems, and recent shoulder prob's- so I am scared I wont stretch enough.... BUT HOW MUCH IS TOO MUCH??? Thanks!

A/C

D3m3nt3d is offline AR's Whore D'Oeuvre
    the more the better imo

jbrand is offline Member
    Overstretching is very real; you can destabilize the joint and in turn promote injury. I see this quite often with Yoga-style stretching regimens.

Alex Cross is offline New Member
    Originally posted by jbrand
    Overstretching is very real; you can destabilize the joint and in turn promote injury. I see this quite often with Yoga-style stretching regimens.
    jb-

any tips on how to "know" when enough it enough??

a/c

jbrand is offline Member
    Originally posted by Alex Cross

jb-

any tips on how to "know" when enough it enough??

a/c
    Overstretching is usually apparent about a day after stretching, the pain is more severe than ordinary DOMS. It is pretty distinguishable, yet too many people get caught up in the 'pain is good' misconception.

btw: Sorry for the delayed response, I try to frequent here as often as I can.

brad fuel is offline Junior Member
    don't do hard static stretching before your workout, those are the ones that tear stuff and may decrease performance if you stretch the myosin heads past teh actin sites. It's more important to warm up at the beginning cuz increase in temp will automatically increase your flexibility. Light dynamic stretching is also good at the beggining and inbetween sets. At the end of your work out use static stretching to get a real pull.

Thread Information