CEO
    CEO is offline New Member

Sleep during training

Hi I am new to this board and have a question that someone with a definite answer can reply to,

I know that as bodybuilders we require 8hours at least of quality sleep for our muscles to recuperate, although does the time that we go to sleep matter. For example I sleep at 2:00 am on average but still get at least 9hrs sleep, is it better to go to sleep earlier as the body releases growth hormone at specific times of the day?

thank you

BIG-G is offline Banned
    DOESNT MATTER AS LONG AS UR ON UR OWN SET SCHEDULING AND GETTIN THAT 9hrs SLEEP! I myself go to bed at 8am and sleep till 3-4-5pm, wake up, eat breakfast, go train, eat, go to work, eat twice, come home and eat, go to bed! Hope that helped. BIG-G

TeenPL is offline Banned
    i ususally get about 7 hours, but i also take two naps during the day.
    One in the morning after my run, and one after training in the afternoon.

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    I agree, it doesn't matter when, just as long as you get the full 8+ hours of sleep.

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    I wish I could sleep for 8 hours. I usually run on about 6 but not by choice. I usually hit the pillow around 12am and sleep till 6:00am, I still wake up about 4 times during that period(eating one or two times). I seem to grow OK but than again, theirs always that wonder of how much more progress could of been made with adequate sleep.

I say sleep as long as the body will let you. With that much sleep you should be golden

Thread Information