iluvttokyo is offline Junior Member

anyone ever try this workout split

Day 1 Chest and quads
    Day 2 Back and Hams
    Day 3 Arms and calves
    Day 4 Shoulders, traps, and abs
    Day 5 Rest
    Day 6 Repeat

You think this would work or should you not break up quads and hams.

yellows2k is offline Member
    Unless you are on gear, I think you would be overtraining.

Rich8888 is offline Member
    I wouldn't break up legs like that. when you work quads, especially compound movements like squats, for example you are really engaging hamstrings, glutes, calfs and back. By working quads to a fatigued state you are limiting your recovery ability to come back the next day or so and add hammies. Stick to a heavy and intense leg routine and you can get more creative with upper body and arms.

saboudian is offline Senior Member
    I think another problem is working biceps after back day. No matter how your back workout looks, u're going to use biceps no matter what and then training your biceps the next day, voila "overtraining".

What would be a good 4 day routine to do then, i want to try and hit my body parts more, as of now im doing
    day1 chest
    day 2 back
    day 3 off
    day 4 arms
    day 5 shoulders
    day 6 legs
    abs either 1nce or 2wce a week.

yellows2k is offline Member
    I just gave u a good 4 day split. you are working your tris 3 times a week and i bet you will do like 12-16 sets for each part. try it and see if it gets u gains, if so great. if not, then you will know u are overtraining. more isnt necessarily better, that is, if u go with extreme intensity. if u dont have to catch your breath or sometimes feel the need to throw up after squats, it isnt intense enough.

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    My 5 day split looks like this
    day 1- back
    day 2- shoulders
    day 3- rest
    day 4-legs
    day 5- chest
    day 6- arms
    day 7- rest

I like to put legs in the middle of the week to give my upper body a rest. Also you want to break it up as one day doing push movements and the next doing pull movements ex. day 1 chest, day 2 back. Never a pull, pull, or push, push.
    Last edited by BIG TEXAN; 01-15-2003 at 10:50 AM.

thanks for the response guys. Now i m considering to be on gear in a couple months. Should i consider increasing my routines. if so how by sets reps, or should i try and hit each body part more often. What would be the best aproach.

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    AAS increases protein synthesis and recovery time. Less rest days are needed - thus more results over a shorter period of time.

i figured that, maybe i wordered the question wrong . would hitting the body parts twice a week be better while On. or you think once is enough. also while on should i increase the sets per body part or remain the same.

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Originally posted by iluvttokyo
    i figured that, maybe i wordered the question wrong . would hitting the body parts twice a week be better while On. or you think once is enough. also while on should i increase the sets per body part or remain the same.
    Well... your question is much more complex than that. Frequency depends on your stage of development, workout intensity, bodypart size, age, sex, ...

For example Quadriceps need more rest days than Calves. An 18 year old needs less rest days than a 40 year old. Men need less rest days than woman. A day of high intensity - heavy weight and/or short RI's (or no RI) would need more rest than a basic POF workout.

An advanced athlete will typically use a higher load volume and/or intensity... and need more days rest (depending again on the intensity) - the reason why upper/lower body splits are only effective for newbies - their load is minimal and less taxing to them physically and mentally. They can work bodyparts more frequently - and should.

When on AAS - the advanced trainee can continue heavy loads and high intensity with fast recovery - which leads to faster growth.

Thanks guys for all the info, the bros at this board are the shiznit.

Madsicilian is offline New Member
    My Spit has just changed for the New Year. Here it is:

Day 1- Chest & Bis
    Day 2- Back & Tris
    Day 3- Abs & Cardio
    Day 4- Shoulders
    Day 5- Legs

So far I really like it.

Thread Information