Thread: horse shoe

horse shoe

hi i am 6.1' 230lbs my arms like 16" cold the problem i cant get this mother fucker horse shoe in my triceps

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    tricep pushdowns worked well for me, really focus on using your triceps and not your upper body to push down. when your at the bottom of the motion spread each hand out to the side. superset them with some curls if you like.

Yung Wun is offline Member
    try some lying extensions
    hows your routine now

RyDawg88 is offline Junior Member
    whats ur routine? how long have u been lifting? are u taking any suppliments? are u lifting heavy and low reps? llight and high reps?

willpharmd is offline Junior Member
    Try some weighted bench dips with a squeeze at the top for 1-2 seconds.

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Heavy weights. You can easily put an inch on your arms if you haven't been doing them. By heavy weights I mean heavy free weights in a 6-10 rep range. Close Grip Bench Presses (keep elbows tucked in and grip about 8 inches apart), Weighted Tricep Dips (parallel bars, elbows tucked in, and do not lean forward), Triceps Extensions (personally prefer theses on an incline bench with a cambered bar). Combine two out of the three with a supporting exercise like machine pushdowns, dumbell extensions, kickbacks... and so on - and watch them grow.

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Looks like Warrior has beat me to the punch!

Originally posted by RyDawg88
    whats ur routine? how long have u been lifting? are u taking any suppliments? are u lifting heavy and low reps? llight and high reps?
    u r not gonna beleive that but i have to say i am 6.1' when i started bodybuilding i was 150lbs ,i did a dbol /deca cycle and i begin to eat like a freak 7 meals/day then after 7 months my weight is 230lbs some of my friends that didnt saw while growing they didnt recognize me when they saw me(beeing a big man is good feeling )
    well for my routine i train very intense i only use free weights for triceps i do :close grip bp,skull crushers,dumbel extension
    now i am on a test/deca/dbol cycle i am trying to gain an extra 30 lbs
    Last edited by testosterone82; 01-22-2003 at 01:29 PM.

zzo18 is offline Associate Member
    I've personally seen my biggest improvements in my "horseshoe" come by doing reverse grip tricep pushdowns. It seems to really hit the tris hard and the reverse grip has really helped to bring out the 'shoe.
    -zzo

painintheazz is offline Anabolic Member
    My horseshoe's have seem to come out since I have upped the intensity on my weighted bench dips.

Pain

popa is offline Senior Member
    tri push downs with your palms facing up, its a unnatrual movement which will stimulate the muscles better

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    In the simplest terms - you have to hypertropy the triceps heads and have reasonable BF. Just like washboard abs - you have to hypertrophy the mucles and have low bodyfat.

And you need to get your arms much better that 16" to have quality triceps... start working in some advanced principles for new growth, like drop sets, super sets, giant sets, ... so on and so forth. Also - look at the tricep heads and try and see if you are neglecting an area...

thanx guys for the help ,i am using very high intensity low reps so i think i have to do super sets and decrease my body fat

wrstlr69sdnl is offline Senior Member
    Originally posted by zzo18
    I've personally seen my biggest improvements in my "horseshoe" come by doing reverse grip tricep pushdowns. It seems to really hit the tris hard and the reverse grip has really helped to bring out the 'shoe.
    -zzo

That worked for me and also regular bar dips with weights I usually use a 45 and a 25 and do 4 sets of ten reps

Thread Information