MilitiaGuy is offline Banned

basics of superset workout

hi guys i want to superset the biceps and triceps workout but the problem i dont know the basics of superset should i do lets say 1 set of dumbell curl then 1 set of close grip bensh press until i finsh 3 sets of dumbel curl and 3 set close grip then super set lets say the skull crusher and pearcher curl until i finish all my biceps and triceps workout???

Short_Guy is offline Junior Member
    Sounds right to me.

Just make sure you're taking breaks between each superset

Ya that sounds fine, best thing to do is just to get everything set up and clear everyone outta ur way in the gym. Nothing is worse than trying to do a superset and some one jumps on your stuff. Probably best way to fix that though is a quick punch to the face

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    What you are describing is compounding the movements. Working one muscle group while the other one is recovering. Supersets are like, You do so many reps on the incline press then jump right into some incline flys. Usually the superset will be your burn out set of a lighter weight.
    abstrack@protonmail.com

Originally posted by abstrack
    What you are describing is compounding the movements. Working one muscle group while the other one is recovering. Supersets are like, You do so many reps on the incline press then jump right into some incline flys. Usually the superset will be your burn out set of a lighter weight.
    This is correct. When I superset my triceps, I do close grip bech press and then pulley pushdowns, like 10 - 15 push downs....to failure.

Same thing with nose crushers, set of 8, then over to the pulley pushdown machine.

When I do squats, I have a bad lower back, I go full sqauts untill my back bugs me, then I stack on more weight and hit half squats superseted with horizonal leg press. On the horizontal leg press I go a little bit lighter weight and do 10 - 15 reps (untill failure).

This really puts the screws to your muscels. I have read about people supersetting different mucsle groups, but for me I like to utilze this technique to really work one muscle good.

Thread Information