oscar1990 is offline Associate Member
    Blog Entries

What are the types of factors that affect one's HPTA?? Please help-

So im new to this forum and have only created one thread in the past and I was quite surprised with the honest justified answers or general opinions, furthermore I dont fully understand how posting a thread works, forum terminology etc works.

Anyways my question is: What are the types of factors that affect one's HPTA thus causing lower T or affecting other vital hormones and resulting in abnormal body chemistry such as elevated E, lower T, high SHBG etc.

Factors: (illnesses, steroid use , or supplements) How do these factors affect HPTA and what are the illnesses that interfere or disrupt HPTA

Also can these factors be overcome by natural supplements: e.g. fenugreek? or is this just a way of rolling a carpet over the burnt carpet? are there underlying biological aspects which should be addressed if there is an abnormality?

This thread can get pretty interesting as many are generally concerned with HPTA and is a subject which is highly discussed in BB. Im also sure that many of us can acquire scientific knowledge or useful info, so any input that is valid and justified would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advanced.

Blog Entries
    Anyone?

baseline_9 is offline The Transformer ~VET~Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    Im not going to have a bash at answering this question....

I know just the person to answer this, hang on
    Don't be a 'Bro'..... Believe nothing....Question everything

Baseline - Working to phase out this generation of Bro-Scientists

Stop over thinking nutrition - If you want something to think about download Myfitnesspal and learn how to count macros

Blog Entries
    Ok..

Swifto is offline Banned- Scammer!
    Lots of factors influence the HPTA. Illness, stress, diseases, bodyweight, bodyfat, genetics, exercise, diet and more.

Can you be more specific?

For example, some diseases effect secondary hygonadism and some primary, but they both effect the HPTA differently. Thyroid function can impact the HPTA, prolactinoma's, etc...

This is a very broad quesiton but I will try to shed some light on it if I know more.

Blog Entries
    Thanks Swifto.
    I just wanted to know for example if inflammation in the intestines or bones can affect indirectly affect HPTA-
    or e.g. elevated CRP (60>) range 1.2-2 can have an affect on HPTA?
    I know diseases such as liver disease etc can cause a disruption in the HPTA cycle.

So my main question is can inflammation in the body as a result of infection or other diseases disrupt the HPTA cycle and affect normal functioning on testis?

Thanks again.

Dinky is offline Junior Member
    I'm sure it can depending on the type of infection you have. I know HIV will surely do it.

Thread Information