Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    What I meant by "never was" and "never will be" is that he has consistently sold himself short in the name of money. He has the skills to be better, and by "better" I don't mean winning fights. I mean fighting quality fighters. Sure, there wasn't a fighter of his weight over the past 10 years who could have dominated like Jones, but there were challenges that he chose to ignore (Toney, Norris, Benn, Collins, Jackson).

To me, selecting the top fighter during Jones' career is painful. Jones, Holyfield and De La Hoya are the top three on my mind, but we've been without an elite fighter for a while now. I'll give it to Holyfield because he could have dominated if he selected his fights with as much caution as Jones. Someone who fights Bowe three times, Tyson twice, and Lewis twice isn't thinking about their next payday, although I'll probably get bit in the ass for saying that because 3 of those 7 fights were losses (4 if you judge the first Holyfield-Lewis fight with your head on the outside of your ass).

I like your fire though, even though I can't write with my $hit nor can I talk with my ass.

bad_man is offline Anabolic Member
    He beat Toney, but I'll concede to all of your other arguments.

decadbal is offline Banned
    did he give any press comments or anything, id love to hear the BS he says on why he lost?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information