Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    RoNNy THe BuLL is offline Anabolic Member
    You packed and ready to go at all OG? What's your game plan? Leave when it's about to hit?

OGPackin is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RoNNy THe BuLL
    You packed and ready to go at all OG? What's your game plan? Leave when it's about to hit?

No bro, im sticking it out. I feel somewhat safe in my place. I have tarps and towels ready incase the windows break, but thats about it.

OG

Still at home with electricity I see. That's good.

Any pics you could post up?

Jdawg50 is offline Anabolic Member
    Where's the pics!!!!!??
    I'm home, and barely alive bro ring me later

mass junkie is offline banned
    Be cool my Floridian brothers and sisters......We left thursday afternoon and it took us 19 hours to get from miammi to tallahassee which normally would of taked about 6hours...bumper to bumper all the way.....we decided not to take any chances....I didnt want put to my family in a situation where we might be without power for an extended amount of time.....

So now im chillin in houston houston texas

Quote Originally Posted by mass junkie
    Be cool my Floridian brothers and sisters......We left thursday afternoon and it took us 19 hours to get from miammi to tallahassee which normally would of taked about 6hours...bumper to bumper all the way.....we decided not to take any chances....I didnt want put to my family in a situation where we might be without power for an extended amount of time.....

So now im chillin in houston houston texas

Rims spinnin' on the EXT?

RATM is offline Senior Member
    Just an update from Central Palm Beach county. Its 510pm and the winds are gusting to about 80 or so with sustained at about 55-60. Not the "torrential downpours" yet, but the brunt of it has yet to arrive. Trees and powerlines are down everywhere and the last update that we got here at the station was that 500,000 without power in PBC. Nothing to do in the station now but eat, as the "program" that I was supposed to start on Wed has obviously taken a back seat. There are 2 shifts worth of FF's in the station right now (about 25) with no cable, no A/C and only some lame ass surfing PS2 game to play. Needless to say I bordering on insanity with at least another 2 days here. Sorry that I havent been providing more updates, but work has been busy. I should be able to give more, as they shut down all the Engines and Rescues, until the wind drops below 45 mph.

OG where in the county are you at???

Quote Originally Posted by RATM
    Just an update from Central Palm Beach county. Its 510pm and the winds are gusting to about 80 or so with sustained at about 55-60. Not the "torrential downpours" yet, but the brunt of it has yet to arrive. Trees and powerlines are down everywhere and the last update that we got here at the station was that 500,000 without power in PBC. Nothing to do in the station now but eat, as the "program" that I was supposed to start on Wed has obviously taken a back seat. There are 2 shifts worth of FF's in the station right now (about 25) with no cable, no A/C and only some lame ass surfing PS2 game to play. Needless to say I bordering on insanity with at least another 2 days here. Sorry that I havent been providing more updates, but work has been busy. I should be able to give more, as they shut down all the Engines and Rescues, until the wind drops below 45 mph.

OG where in the county are you at???
    IM in Palm Beach bro. I dont expect to have power much longer. Im getting power serges....errrrrrrrrr THe wind and rain are non stop now and getting worse. I hope everyone stays safe!! It might be awhile before u hear from me again, but i will try and update u guys to the last minute.....take care all

OG

juicehoe is offline Anabolic Member
    the wind has really picked up and everyone seems to have lost power. Except my area... i dont know how much longer this will last?

Quote Originally Posted by juicehoe
    the wind has really picked up and everyone seems to have lost power. Except my area... i dont know how much longer this will last?

Hey bro, good to see u still have power. Im knocking on wood i still have mine! The rain is coming down in sheets now and getting worse. They expect the eye to hit us around midnight (worst part of storm). Hang in there!!

OG

ColdSore is offline Banned
    **** i cant belive how long this **** thing is taking to hit...

one question though....what happens if the rain starts flooding the lower grounds???...are houses on stilts in florida, or are they all on hills???

I have no clue...cause here in northern texas with that much rain, everyone would need new carpet!

houseofpain is offline Banned
    flooding is a HUGE issue right now bro, we are so close to the coast that its almost common to flood during a hurricane. especially one as big and slow moving as this one.

Unless your in the ocean there would be no stilts and there are no hills in florida... its just flat land. Flooding will be an issue
    Quote Originally Posted by ColdStone
    **** i cant belive how long this **** thing is taking to hit...

one question though....what happens if the rain starts flooding the lower grounds???...are houses on stilts in florida, or are they all on hills???

I have no clue...cause here in northern texas with that much rain, everyone would need new carpet!

RATM is offline Senior Member
    Juice, where abouts in PBC are you in? In the boynton/lake worth area, wind gusts are up to 90 mph. The EOC has said that we may not even get the chance for the break with the eye as the latest EOC report has it hitting hobe sound area. Either way, we are in for some major clean up. Glad to see that you, OG, and house of pain are still doing ok. Powerloss is upwards of 1 million so far. Hopefully the winds will die down so that FPL can get to work.

Ya bro, flooding will be a major issue with this Hurricane. She is moving very slow and dumping a **** load of rain. Its rained all day and im sure it will rain all night, and probably all day tomorrow. Time to get ur row boats out...errrrrrr

OG

Quote Originally Posted by OGPackin
    Ya bro, flooding will be a major issue with this Hurricane. She is moving very slow and dumping a **** load of rain. Its rained all day and im sure it will rain all night, and probably all day tomorrow. Time to get ur row boats out...errrrrrr

OG
    its been raining all day here also bro, reminds me of that forrest gump rain. hopefully we will all be ok. right now its just hurry up and wait for it to get here.

Quote Originally Posted by houseofpain
    its been raining all day here also bro, reminds me of that forrest gump rain. hopefully we will all be ok. right now its just hurry up and wait for it to get here.

Ya bro, im going stir crazy now. I wish she would get here and do her thing and leave already. But it looks like shes going to hang around for a few more days atleast...eerrrrrrrrrrrr

Im just glad i still have power!!! Glad u guys do too! I just heard from my parents in Hollywood and they have no power. They are on there way to my sisters in Aventura. Good luck guys!

OG

Yea stir crazy is right. Also i want to workout so bad. Im guessing the gym wont be open for a few days plus im running low on food. Glad you still got power. The wind is crazy now!
    Ya bro, im going stir crazy now. I wish she would get here and do her thing and leave already. But it looks like shes going to hang around for a few more days atleast...eerrrrrrrrrrrr

Im just glad i still have power!!! Glad u guys do too! I just heard from my parents in Hollywood and they have no power. They are on there way to my sisters in Aventura. Good luck guys!

OG

palme is offline Rosie Member
    This is getting old...

BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member

OG
    So it looks like you just might make it to the draft then??

OG
    yeah bro my parents house in brevard has no power as well, they evacuated due to the mandatory evacuation so they are good.

Musa is offline Associate Member
    Anybody knows how is in Tampa right now???

GenX is offline Junior Member
    Hey Bro,

How are you? hope it doesnt get to bad...

Sent you a PM

GenX
    Last edited by GenX; 09-04-2004 at 10:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BigGreen
    So it looks like you just might make it to the draft then??

Im crossing my fingers bro. The worst of it is supposed to hit us around 2 - 4am. My cable and internet went out for a few hours this morning. Im just hoping i make it through the draft tomorrow.

OG

Im crossing my fingers bro. The worst of it is supposed to hit us around 2 - 4am. My cable and internet went out for a few hours this morning. Im just hoping i make it through the draft tomorrow.

OG
    I've been chatting with a few guys tonight and if tomorrow a.m. rolls around and all of you floridians are AWOL, we'll likely delay the draft. Not sure though...

I've been chatting with a few guys tonight and if tomorrow a.m. rolls around and all of you floridians are AWOL, we'll likely delay the draft. Not sure though...

Man that would be cool! I'll jump on AiM tomorrow morning early if i still have power.

OG

Man that would be cool! I'll jump on AiM tomorrow morning early if i still have power.

OG
    I'll be logged on all night....just shoot me an update via IM if you want since it'll help me get a better sense of what's going on. I'm DumbGreenGuy

I'll be logged on all night....just shoot me an update via IM if you want since it'll help me get a better sense of what's going on. I'm DumbGreenGuy

Cool! Mines OGPackin...If u dont hear from me by say 9am then im without power.

OG

Jdawg50 is offline Anabolic Member
    OG you AIM now???
    Hit me

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    There is another hurricane on it's way to FL. Hurricane Ivan. Right now it's category 3 and growing.

http://www.quehubo.com/eng/hurricane_ivan.html

http://www.wistv.com/Global/story.asp?S=2261709

http://www.xposed.com/headline_news/55_ds_940632.aspx
    Last edited by Carlos_E; 09-05-2004 at 01:43 PM.

FinaZurp is offline Associate Member
    Well girls I'm back and alive and I survived Frances but now I have to deal with Ivan. Power just came back on.

V_Xsucks is offline Banned
    Man i lost cable and internet there for a couple of hours. The wind and rain gusts have been really bad. Tonights not going to be fun!

OG

IM in ftlauderdale the GYM its been close for three day and so is school fk hurricane nothing happend down here the action is in the north of fl

V_Xsucks is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FinaZurp
    Well girls I'm back and alive and I survived Frances but now I have to deal with Ivan. Power just came back on.
    hey is blockbuster open down in MIA

FinaZurp is offline Associate Member
    Actually I,m in Gainesville andpretty much nothing is open here and power is surging and cable has been out. I,ve been trapped in this dam house for 3 days. I feel like a dam prisoner.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information