Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by biglouie250
    they dont need dr. dre's beats to sell records tho........ Nas doesnt belong in that categorey, 50 can never have an album that can touch Illmatic or It Was Written.
    Thing is, Dre would never want to work w/Nas.

Funny, because I can't stand Nas at all.

Just something about him.

~SC~

Rob
    Rob is offline Canadian Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by big k.l.g

50 is justified to dis back. Don't forget 50's crew consists of some battle hardened street soldiers
    not to mention joe budden...last year, 50 was going to release a budden diss but was advised not too

i guess he dosent care anymore and did...lets see if any of them diss him back

Rob
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat

~SC~
    couple of his songs are alright

got yourself a gun.

biglouie250 is offline Anabolic Member

~SC~

Dre and Nas did work together. Dr. Dre produced "the firm" (nas, Nature, AZ, and foxy) **** fine album if you asked me. he was in a couple of songs on the album as well.

didnt sell well lol.

SplinterCell is offline Senior Member
    I personally thing Fat Joe would whoop 50's ass in a fight

Rob
    Quote Originally Posted by SplinterCell
    I personally thing Fat Joe would whoop 50's ass in a fight
    fat joe isnt mobile
    50 could would just pop him anyway

SplinterCell is offline Senior Member
    If it were a hand to hand fight between the two one titty slap from joe would end 50's career

Moosepellet is offline Member
    Are you kidding Fat Joe is a fat bastard, I've seen 50 at Gold's and he was a strong SOB. He would kick Fat Joes @ss to shreads. I hope that 50 and the Games relationship is okay, but its all about the $$$$!

bor
    bor is offline D-bol Poppin'

~SC~
    Same here, his voice sounds like its a little girl rappin'

Luv that song shoot em up though

bor
    bor is offline D-bol Poppin'
    And I love 50s build....huge, but human looking

MILPOLDAN1 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bdtr
    All the money in the world and they still fight like they're arguing over a street corner. Sad.
    You can take them out of the ghetto, but you cant take the ghetto out of them.

Deezuhl is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by big k.l.g
    Lyric wise 50 would get MURDERED by NAS.

I heard on the radio more than once 50 was going to battle nas. Big mistake. Nas got too much vocab for 50. Nas is one the greatest lyricysts ever. he would lay a smack down on 50.

Quote Originally Posted by biglouie250
    they dont need dr. dre's beats to sell records tho........

you are right 100%, they dont need dre producing to sell records for sure. To go platinum on day 1 they do. If dre had enough time to push out 1 hit wonders like master p did he could find 100 rappers to put beats on to sell records. No matter how you flow if the beats suck the song sucks period!!!

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Yeah, it's all about harmony for sure.

~SC~

OSTIE is offline Senior Member
    I disagree with the post that said Shyne was a pussy. Remember after letting his first record go to his head at a young age, he just took all that money and ran rampant on the streets. He was suspected in a couple shootings/murders, dealin, etc. And ofcourse why he got locked up in the first place, someone talking sh!t to puffy, he just pulled out his gun and started shooting.

IMO, if having a "bad@ss/gangsta" image that most rap artists are trying to achieve, I put DMX and shyne at the top of the list.

As for nas, I personally like how he has been carrying himself the past couple of years. I remember watching some mtv or bet show where they followed him around. Coors Beer called and wanted to pay him big $$$ for him to do a commercial. He turned them down stating that it will send a bad image to his younger fans. To me, that was awesome.

bigbodyjosh is offline Member
    Nas's career is over. Fat joe's career just went up after that lean back track and after 50 rampages him its over. Jadakiss is a great lyracist but he's about to get murdered too. As far as game and 50 i HIGHLY doubt they have beef for the simple fact that they are BOTH part of GUNIT (yes, i know that he's not signed under g unit but aftermath still no matter they are all G UNIT) 50 didn't have to let him be part of his team. i'm sure the game holds 50 with the same respect that 50 holds eminem. once again i don't think that 50 and game would have beef. Game's album so far is the best g unit solo album IMO. banks cd was good but bucks was better. game's is better then both of their albums but 50 holds the throne with get rich or die trying...so far. As far as him dissing everyone...who cares? he can get away with it! nobody is saying **** cause they dont want to lose a career. his situation can almost be compared as 2pac. 2pac went around bullying whoever he wanted trying to end careers and he didnt succeed as much as 50 did in that aspect but whatever he did what he wanted. look at ja rule.......who really buys his cdS? who really respects him? nobody. Nas does have great vocab but the truth is......he'd have to work all year to get 1 single amazing diss track. Nas is done. Fat joe is going back down. Jadakiss is going down. DMX hasn't made a good album since his 1rst...decent since his 2nd. everything after that was GARBAGE. shyne is in jail and if he disses 50 its only to get a jump start on his career again i mean really? what else does he have to lose? nothing. He's not even established yet.......i'm really anticipating 50's album supposevely its topping his last one if thats so........another few years of 50 being on top.

LB55blitz is offline Devote Avril Lavigne Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by OSTIE
    IMO, if having a "bad@ss/gangsta" image that most rap artists are trying to achieve, I put DMX and shyne at the top of the list.

Agreed. I dont think anyone can touch DMX, dont recall anyone ever dissin him. best rapper alive IMO.

As far as nas and 50 go, dont see why they got beef. but track to track i would say 50 would destroy nas. look at ja rule, haha. obviously nas is on another level than ja though. battle, 50 vs. nas, now thats somethin id like to see.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbodyjosh
    Jadakiss is a great lyracist but he's about to get murdered too.
    agreed. his lyrics used to be straight. that video "why" was bullsh!t tho. i think it was a direct attack on our country more than anything. i dont want to say hes gone totally soft, but hes switched gears and sold out IMO. those why shirts were gay. hes tryin to play himself off as a polotician or somethin, he doesnt know sh!t about stuff like that, he just new it would get people to be like "oh yea! fvck bush! just because a rapper says so and he must know everything". makin **** up that you dont know anything about to sell records = sellout. the beat sucked too. gunit raps what they know about, thats why they get my respect.
    Last edited by LB55blitz; 02-26-2005 at 08:28 PM.

big body josh- I agree with you on pretty much everything you said. Game's album has really put the west back on the map. I think its one of the best solo albums i have heard in a long time. Dmx has an intimidating voice but he is just like ja. He's a dope fiend. he hasnt done anything since album # 1. Dre, shady and 50 have come up with some great music in the last couple years. Right now they are unstoppable if they can all just somehow stick together and put their minds together in the studio and not let sh1t go to their head. As far as bully's go the biggest bully of all time in my eyes is suge knight. He shook people down pistol-less. Remember when he hung vanilla ice over the balcony of his hotel by his ankles?? that was some funny sh1t.

Yeah, you're talking industry...i'm talking music. The truth is....G unit/AFTERMATH/SHADY/INTERESCOPE....whatever you might think they are. They are the NEW DEATHROW actually...better. Suge is intimidating yes, but he's done with. nobody wants to work with him because of that. people don't want to deal with suge because suge brings problems. companies want to make money not deal with problems thats why suge is struggling with death row.

suge is back in jail again too. Caught with an underage girl with a fake id and some weed. he cant stay out of trouble to save his life. your right nobody wants to work with him for sure. I remember the documentary with warren g, kurupt, nate dogg etc.. they said they brought their guns to the studio every day cause they never knew when suge would pop off and start whipping somebody's ass. they said stright up they were scared of him.

anyway, I look fwd to whatever music deathrow puts out. One thing about dre is that he puts out quality not quanitity and thats what i like about him. Dre is hands down the greatest rap music producer and innovator of all time.

On the topic of diss records....Anyone here 50's song Piggybank yet? How is it? Now that I think of it, im gonna download.... I gotta agree that no one will really touch 50 cent right now, although I do gotta back Shyne on dissin 50 better than anyone else has.... anyone here that song on his cd.... he says some ruthless sh!t like if 50 keeps talkin trash when he gets out, that he is gonna reunite 50 with his dead mom....

I also agree on DMX fallin off, but still, no one will ever talk trash about him cause he is just mentally fcked up, which is sad because IMO, he is in the top 5 for most talented rappers....

Who else would crash into someone at an airport then pull a pistol on the guy and drag him outta his car pretending to be a federal agent all while he has all that rock and crack pipes in his car.... Not smart at all, but leaves a vibe that no one fcks with.

amen to that. as far as death row...they blow in my opinion. suge made kurupt sign with him out of fear and start dissing snoop dog. what tracks has kurupt put out? none. what is kurupt doing now? nothing! oh yeah, and i love the fake snoop dogs, fake eminems, and fake 2pac (top dogg, milk bone, the realist) he signed to try to make an extra buck...that was a good laugh

I've heard it. Its good, supposevely thats nothing compared to what he has out on his CD...can't wait

Who else would crash into someone at an airport then pull a pistol on the guy and drag him outta his car pretending to be a federal agent all while he has all that rock and crack pipes in his car.... Not smart at all, but leaves a vibe that no one fcks with.
    was that some funny sh1t or what?? He's definetly not in the top 5 most talented rappers ( maybe 25) but he is by far 1 of the most screwed up. he raps about having sex with dead corpses. that was enough for me and the damien songs were a little deep. He did all 3 voices in damien.

on a side note, download 50's song "just a lil bit" one of, if not THE hottest track he has put out IMO. cant stop listening to it. havnt heard all the songs on The Massacre, but this will be the best i believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Fat Mike
    was that some funny sh1t or what?? He's definetly not in the top 5 most talented rappers ( maybe 25) but he is by far 1 of the most screwed up. he raps about having sex with dead corpses. that was enough for me and the damien songs were a little deep. He did all 3 voices in damien.
    haha, damien was tight as hell. yea he is mentally screwed big time. but hes got some true depth in some of his songs. my favorite song of his is "in the end" off his first album. damm that album is tight, never gets old.

Quote Originally Posted by LB55blitz
    on a side note, download 50's song "just a lil bit" one of, if not THE hottest track he has put out IMO. cant stop listening to it. havnt heard all the songs on The Massacre, but this will be the best i believe.
    what software you downloading with??

haha, damien was tight as hell. yea he is mentally screwed big time. but hes got some true depth in some of his songs. my favorite song of his is "in the end" off his first album. damm that album is tight, never gets old.
    that is the only album i can remember that has the tightest intro song.

Im gonna have to check it out... at 150 kb/s... it should be downloaded in a matter of seconds...

Im gonna have to check it out... at 150 kb/s... it should be downloaded in a matter of seconds...
    Just got it.... Definately gonna be one of the hotter ones.... Kinda reminds me of that R. Kelly beat though where he had Big Tig rap on it.\

Listened to Piggybank too.... thats some pretty funny sh!t.... I just listened to it 3 times in a row

Just got it.... Definately gonna be one of the hotter ones.... Kinda reminds me of that R. Kelly beat though where he had Big Tig rap on it.\

Listened to Piggybank too.... thats some pretty funny sh!t.... I just listened to it 3 times in a row

what software you using?? i cant seem to pull down sh1t right now.

what software you downloading with??
    i got ares, but its workin like crap now. i wanna download piggybank but its not connecting.

I use Poisoned.... I think its only available on Mac though... searches giftd, ares, fastTrack (kazaa), and gnutella.... shows icons on where the song comes from too, so you dont mistakenly download a popular song from kazaa and have it make that annoying fckin sound.

got it from morpheus.the song jus a lil bit is off the chain.!!!

Wrath is offline Associate Member
    bigbody josh...you bring up some pretty good points and seem to know your shiat about west coast hiphop. When the Alkoliks, E-40 or planet asia gonna drop lol??

Game really has potential as a lyricists...but he name drops WAAAAY too much! Every word out of his mouth was about 50, dre, big and pac...

50 is a smart man...he actually has his own radio show on sirius now. This 'dissing' served a big purpose in terms of marketing...Just look how many people in this thread have chimed in; gets people talking about him. REminds me of the old saying, good publicity or bad publicity....its still publicity!

yooo is offline Associate Member
    Bottom line: right now 50 is the best, and when the new album drops, he will be better.

The Game is good, but can't touch even the GOOD rappers of today, nevermind the ones of the past like big and pac. JMHO =)

Quote Originally Posted by Wrath
    Game really has potential as a lyricists...but he name drops WAAAAY too much! Every word out of his mouth was about 50, dre, big and pac...
    I agree, but it seems like he is more grateful for the opportunity those guys gave him maybe thats all. I would put game up against NAS b4 50 for sure. Busta rhymes has said Game is one of the sickest west coast rappers he has ever worked with.

Quote Originally Posted by yooo
    Bottom line: right now 50 is the best, and when the new album drops, he will be better.

The Game is good, but can't touch even the GOOD rappers of today, nevermind the ones of the past like big and pac. JMHO =)

Its all taste in music i guess but I listened to 5or 6 songs off the new album and to be honest I think games is better. Seems as though 50's beats all have that clap in them or is it just me?? I think I just like west coast style rap better ( when its good) and when game came out it just hit me like, D^mn!!! Most profitable album of all time lets not forget was the Chronic!!! West side!!!

UrbanLegend is offline Senior Member
    No matter how you flow if the beats suck the song sucks period!!!

Thats why I've always wondered why people even bother discussing topics like this.......Dre is the only reason why any of these guys are getting something other than a welfare check, so talk about him and the people that do what he does.

I guess these guys need to use drama to sell what they talk about because no one would care much otherwise.......the phat lyrics these guys spit could be done by anyone else and they know it, so they have to act like guys are going to get shot at any minute to make it interesting. Maybe you guys find it fascinating but it just seems stupid to me, kind of like when people take the plots in Pro Wrestling to heart.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information