I started taking Aderall on Thursday...

The first time I took Aderall, it only took 2-3 hours to clear the overwhelming volume of thoughts floating through my overburdend mind. I expected it to take weeks to kick in, but now I already feel about 50% more at peace with myself and I understand clearly now that yes, my life right now completely sucks, but most of that is my fault. I used to have an outright negative impression of everyone because I couldn't "read" people socially and pick up on social cues, so I relied on my negative perception to guide me in life. The reason I was negative was that I couldn't concentrate on improving my present situation to have a better future because I was caught up in the present...I couldn't see the light at the end of the tunnel; only the immediate darkness. In school I avoided people completely and I never went to dances, or even my high school prom. Girls would sometimes flirt with me and talk to me, but I hated myself and didn't think anyone could possibly have any interest in me. Therefore at 20, I became lonely, depressed, and desperate for sex and it was apparent to everyone I met. I would become obsessive with girls and get angry and possesive when I met any resistance, which was frequently...I tried too hard, I pushed my friends away with my attitude and lost out on the pivotal years of my life...my plan now is to get a car, make some true, lifelong friends, and, of course, find a girlfriend. I hope I can make a better life for myself....

IronFreakX is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FeldMarshellPotter
    The first time I took Aderall, it only took 2-3 hours to clear the overwhelming volume of thoughts floating through my overburdend mind. I expected it to take weeks to kick in, but now I already feel about 50% more at peace with myself and I understand clearly now that yes, my life right now completely sucks, but most of that is my fault. I used to have an outright negative impression of everyone because I couldn't "read" people socially and pick up on social cues, so I relied on my negative perception to guide me in life. The reason I was negative was that I couldn't concentrate on improving my present situation to have a better future because I was caught up in the present...I couldn't see the light at the end of the tunnel; only the immediate darkness. In school I avoided people completely and I never went to dances, or even my high school prom. Girls would sometimes flirt with me and talk to me, but I hated myself and didn't think anyone could possibly have any interest in me. Therefore at 20, I became lonely, depressed, and desperate for sex and it was apparent to everyone I met. I would become obsessive with girls and get angry and possesive when I met any resistance, which was frequently...I tried too hard, I pushed my friends away with my attitude and lost out on the pivotal years of my life...my plan now is to get a car, make some true, lifelong friends, and, of course, find a girlfriend. I hope I can make a better life for myself....
    Damn I can relate to some of that....glad to know ur doing better....U have ADHD and got it prescribed or u taking the aderall by urself?

Keyser Sozey is offline Anabolic Member
    I am glad you feel better, and I do hope things continue to improve.

The reason I was negative was that I couldn't concentrate on improving my present situation to have a better future because I was caught up in the present.
    I know what you are trying to say here, but I think you mean you were refusing to deal with the present. The present is what counts, right now. Yes, you have to keep an eye out for the future. However, if you are constantly dwelling on the future, or the past, you forget the most precious moment, the now. Live for right now, and not what you think tomorrow will be. We are never guaranteed a tomorrow. It's all about what you do today that will determine tomorrow.

doctor prescribed...I have ADD though, not ADHD (no hyperactivity, I just have trouble paying attention)

Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Sozey
    I am glad you feel better, and I do hope things continue to improve.

I know what you are trying to say here, but I think you mean you were refusing to deal with the present. The present is what counts, right now. Yes, you have to keep an eye out for the future. However, if you are constantly dwelling on the future, or the past, you forget the most precious moment, the now. Live for right now, and not what you think tomorrow will be. We are never guaranteed a tomorrow. It's all about what you do today that will determine tomorrow.
    thanks, good advice

Anyone else on here take Aderall or a related drug for Add/Adhd?

chest6 is offline Banned
    I used to take Well Butrin or whatever..prolly should start again I have trouble concentrating and I have ADD. My brother takes stratera and he says its the shit he has Straight A's now and he used to have straight Cs. He has ADHD tho..and it suppresses your appetite..i dont need that

For those who think they might have ADD or ADHD:

Symptoms commonly associated with Adult ADD include:

-Lack of focus
    -Disorganization
    -Restlessness
    -Difficulty finishing projects
    -Losing things

My advice is that you should get help immediately or take the chance of losing valuable relationships and becoming easily frustrated and confused at school and work

Liquidred is offline Associate Member
    Anyone else on here take Aderall or a related drug for Add/Adhd?
    yea i'm on adderall 20mg tabs now, lost weight in the begining but i've since figured it all out and am doing well with training and dieting.

i have add but it doesn't interfere withmy social life. i am way more fun without my meds lol...with them i'm kinda boring so i dont take them when i go out

my ADD was mingled with Depression and feelings of frustration because I was socially inept...my unpopularity at school (due to being confrontational and not considering others feelings) validated the negative thoughts in my mind and led me to believe I was unimportant and an ugly person, both physically and mentally

StoneGRMI is offline Giggity Giggity Giggty!
    Blog Entries
    I took ritalin growing up then moved to adderall xr for 4 years now I take Strattera. So far I like strattera better because I'm now able to get adequate sleep. I'm also ADD now...the doctors think I have since "out grown" the hyper activity I once had when I was in my early teens.

StoneGRMI is offline Giggity Giggity Giggty!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Liquidred

i have add but it doesn't interfere withmy social life. i am way more fun without my meds lol...with them i'm kinda boring so i dont take them when i go out
    haha, exactly me too. I can't go to a party or bar while on my meds at anytime that day (and I guess your not suppose to drink on them anyway).

Quote Originally Posted by Liquidred
    yea i'm on adderall 20mg tabs now, lost weight in the begining but i've since figured it all out and am doing well with training and dieting.

If you are good looking and or have a wonderful personality, people will naturally flock to you and you can live well from a social standpoint with ADD, but you should still get help if you have trouble concentrating at work or school
    Last edited by FeldMarshellPotter; 11-04-2005 at 02:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by StoneGRMI
    I took ritalin growing up then moved to adderall xr for 4 years now I take Strattera. So far I like strattera better because I'm now able to get adequate sleep. I'm also ADD now...the doctors think I have since "out grown" the hyper activity I once had when I was in my early teens.
    Yes, many ppl apparently lose the hyperactivity in later years, but retain finger tapping and leg bouncing- signs of repressed hyperactivity

Quote Originally Posted by StoneGRMI
    haha, exactly me too. I can't go to a party or bar while on my meds at anytime that day (and I guess your not suppose to drink on them anyway).
    Yeah man, drinking too much on Aderall especially can do major damage to you because alcohol is a depressant and Aderall is a stimulant...it just makes it a lot harder on your body to retain equilibrium (balance). However, I drank 10 beers every Friday night for several months while on Effexor XR (for my depression, which was later discovered to be a result of ADD) and didn't die or anything

ADD can cause depression due to social frustration and failings at school and work (as I have said before). Depressive disorder is as equally and in some cases more obtrusive and debilitating than ADD and also warrants serious help. More than 19 million Americans suffer from depression. Natural remedies which promote "euphoric" feelings include Weightlifting and Cardio. Therefore, a lot of you here probably have depressive symptoms and lift weights to help manage them...I know I did for several years... Although it helps you feel good, it often doesn't help much in cases of Major Depressive Disorder. Please, if anyone here needs someone to talk to or desperately needs help concerning any mental condition e-mail me at [email protected]. I can give you some names of various websites to look at as well as personal advice. I'm no doctor, but I can list symptoms from the DSM IV, which nearly all health care professionals use as a guide for diagnosis of mental disorders. I will respond to every e-mail within a few days.

Another area of concern for Bodybuilders is Body Dysmorphic Disorder...(BDD)

BDD may lead a person to engage in extreme avoidance behaviors, such as isolation from acquaintances and even loved ones. Suicidal behavior is not uncommon, and clinical depression may also eventuate. In some cases, multiple surgeries and body modification efforts (such as compulsive weightlifting) fail to improve the person's view of the appearance "defect."

I always thought being able to bench press a lot of weight and having big muscles would automatically bring me friends and women, but I now know that weightlifting alone is not all that matters in life

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Right, it's the weights/money/women that matter!

~SC~

Mizfit is offline Banned
    If the meds kicked in that quick i think it's mind over matter.. u sure you have ADD?

Aderral's effects often are nearly instant...just like caffeine can instantly make people hyper, and alcohol acts immediately as a depressant
    Last edited by FeldMarshellPotter; 11-04-2005 at 05:38 PM.

and the effects are differnt for everyone

but yes, mind over matter is also very important also

bump

NYGIANTS21 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizfit
    If the meds kicked in that quick i think it's mind over matter.. u sure you have ADD?
    I have to agree with Miz.... It's all in your mind. but if its working just roll with it i guess.

But good luck bro

Thread Information