Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    goodcents is offline "body piercing & body jewelry expert"
    Quote Originally Posted by Tren Bull
    ive never been robbed at gunpoint, but a jelous boyfriend of some girl i knew pulled a 12 guage shotgun on me, and his boy had a .380 revolver too. that kid is such a chicken sh_t bitchmade motherfu_ker. he doesn't have the balls to pull the trigger, so i have no idea what he was thinking.

A .38" special? They don't make .380" revolvers. (if you get techinical, the british issued .380"/200 Webley around the second war)

Tren Bull is offline Dbol Junkie
    it was an old school colt detective .380

man fu_k that kid and his bitch ass friend. you know why they grabbed the guns? its cause both of them are scrawny as FU_K, and they knew that i could easily take both of them at the same time. motherfu_ker thinks hes being tough... being gangsta pullin out the guage, but all it proved was that hes gutless, although that was blatently obvious from the beginning. FU_K i want to split that kids head open... FU_K HIM

decadbal is offline Banned
    i told u bro, dont play basketball with the brothers... we as white ppl collectivly suck... and you aint helping

yea, i am terrible at basketball

it was an old school colt detective .380

Not arguing, just that colt didn't make a .380" revolver (auto?) they made a .38"s&w (not special) .38" special .357-.358" / .38"s&w .360" / .380" auto .355" and will not work in revolver due to lack of rim (rimless) can be made to work w/ rubber bands, but would be more work than buying the right shells and would have a high rate of misfire (low primer impact force).
    Just curious is all, not saying anything else

Colt detective was a 6 shot 2" .38" special (shot many of them in the past)

Reloader and shooter for over 20 years.

legobricks is offline Retired AR Monitor
    First off i have to say congrats on not gettin hurt bro. Personally i would have studied his pocket a little more and asked to show me the gun. I probably would have gotten shot.

yea, it was the six shot snub nose. old school brown barrel with wood handgrips. sick gun, i just wouldn't want to get shot with one

Right choice bro...

And even if he didn't have a gun, do you seriously want to take the chance of beating down some crackhead who probably has HIV and Hepatitus and god knows what other blood bourne pathogen?

I sure as heck would not want to take the chance of getting a single drop of blood from some crackhead on me. They're effin' walking bio-terror weapons.

Red

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    assuming he lived through it. a .45 has alot of knockdown power

Exactly why i prefer it. Ever seen what a .45 Corbon Plus Power will do? 1,150fps (feet per second) and thats farking fast for a .45 my friend.

[

LewdTenant is offline Respected Member
    I don't get it. You guys with the ccw permits wish you were the OP but he was surprised and the robber had what might have been a gun pointed at him already. Even with a cw you already lost in this situation.

+p hollow tips are tight. a normal .45 auto slug has a muzzle velocity of about 900 fps. ive heard they even got .450 short mags, which are the same size as a .45 auto, but MUCH more powerful. id like to use rounds like that, but ive heard bad stories of glocks jamming and blowing up from +p rounds. either way its all good, even a normal .45 round would take off someones arm at close range.

Quote Originally Posted by LewdTenant
    I don't get it. You guys with the ccw permits wish you were the OP but he was surprised and the robber had what might have been a gun pointed at him already. Even with a cw you already lost in this situation.
    You are just more aware of others when you carry, walking home late at night in chicago is not a very safe practice to begin with.
    How can you be "surprised" in this case?(no offense, but I think he knows now how that was not the best place and time to be walking home)
    Crack addict late at night (maybe he's just helping old ladies get home safe or cleaning up trash, yeah right , he's their to rob or worse)

you ever see those bullet proof vests that look like leather jackets? that would be tight to have. it would probably come in handy while walking home late at night in a bad area... cant forget the glock .45 either

+p hollow tips are tight. a normal .45 auto slug has a muzzle velocity of about 900 fps. ive heard they even got .450 short mags, which are the same size as a .45 auto, but MUCH more powerful. id like to use rounds like that, but ive heard bad stories of glocks jamming and blowing up from +p rounds. either way its all good, even a normal .45 round would take off someones arm at close range.

No offense (and w/ utmost of respect) but who is telling you all of these facts? .45"super is the same size case but loaded to alot higher pressure for a totally different gun(never use in .45" acp guns) and +p acp rounds will not harm a glock.
    (No such thing as a ".450" short mag.)

technically its ok to run +p rounds in a glock but i know they are more likely to blow up on you than other types of guns so i dont want to chance it. the .45 super is not the same as a .450 short mag. i read about them on gunbroker i think... i cant really remember.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...?Item=43162459

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...?Item=43150882

btw, heres a pic of the .450 mag. apparently its a little longer than a regular .45 acp round though
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails I got robbed last night!-pix1151101000.jpg  
    Last edited by Tren Bull; 01-27-2006 at 06:26 PM.

Diezed is offline Junior Member
    i was reading that some of u guys would have shot the junky with your own gun...seems kinda risky what if u go down for some unnecissary use of force and its ur ass in the slammer. u did the right thing bro dont risk ur life for a watch.

USfighterFC is offline Anabolic Member
    Yeah seriously even if I had a gun on me I wouldnt of pulled it even if i knew I would get him good. I'm not going to jail or possibly facing charges or possibly going to trial and DEFINATELY getting a lawyer. To much risk involved. Since my skin is made of steel I dont usually have to worry about bullets anyway.

decadbal is offline Banned
    statistically most ppl who pull guns arnt gonna use them, or they would have already.. so i personally (if i were alone) would have pulled and popped that welfare beggar.. if my girl was with me, then id never resist.. but alone, why not take a chance..thats what lifes about

technically its ok to run +p rounds in a glock but i know they are more likely to blow up on you than other types of guns so i dont want to chance it. the .45 super is not the same as a .450 short mag. i read about them on gunbroker i think... i cant really remember.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...?Item=43162459

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...?Item=43150882

btw, heres a pic of the .450 mag. apparently its a little longer than a regular .45 acp round though

.45" win. mag. was somewhat popular around the late 80's-early 90's (wanted one, but was broke in those days) beefed up, longer version of .45"acp.
    The version in the pic is a big game hunting round, never meant for (human) self defense. +p and even +p+ rounds are safe in most guns, but may wear faster than "normal" rounds" and is what I carry (who's life is more valuable than that )Guns are "proof tested" w/ high pressure rounds and will not "blow up" but will wear out quicker.

P.s. still would of shot the robber (knew people who were shot in the back of the head when they "complied", vowed never to just give in)

id like to see what one of those rounds would do to someone. or better yet, id like to see what my 12 ga would do... that would be brutal

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information