Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    ShnouzedUp is offline Banned

Unhappy HELP!! I Got MONO!

iight, so i felt like total shit all last week... yesterday rolls around, and i feel worse than ever... slept all day.. missed the super bowl, slept all night... woke up at 6am confused as shit, feelin terrible... So i go to the doctor today, and he does some blood tests on me... and its affirmative i have freakin MONO! I feel like im dyin over here... i cannot get out of bed, eat anything, speak, swallow, anything.. im just screwed in all areas it seems like...Really bad timing too... considering i just finished my PCT from my last cycle, and really don't want to lose any of those gains.....Another bad thing is my gf is comin home from her out of town school for vday weeekend, and i dunno how to tell her...cause we barely getta see each other as it is.... Another thing, i was supposed to start jury duty today, but i didn't even go cause i was so sick..... and im takin 18 hours this semester, and i can't be out for that long.... Have any of you experienced this mono shit? If so do you have any great ideas to beat this, the fastest way possible???? I've been puttin the water away, but its just so damn hard when my throat is so swollen it barely opens.... like i drool water all over and shit when i drink... HELP IM DYING!

chest6 is offline Banned
    ahhhhh that sucks man. I had mano 5 years ago and well..I'll spare you how bad it was but it wasn't good. What a horrible time to get it.

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    i got it twice suck it up..
    got it one time.. didnt let me self heal.. kept tyring to box and train and shit.. blamo had a relapse got pwnd hard the 2nd time around

What kind of downtime on avg am i lookin at here?

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    Quote Originally Posted by ShnouzedUp
    What kind of downtime on avg am i lookin at here?
    Two weeks for me.

Oh yea by the way, they prescribed with Prednisone to take at 50mg a day... i was lookin through it, and i swear it does more bad than goood. anyone have any experiences with this... i took my first dose a few hours ago, now my left side aches....But no decrease in throat sweeling...

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    Oh yea by the way, they prescribed with Prednisone to take at 50mg a day... i was lookin through it, and i swear it does more bad than goood. anyone have any experiences with this... i took my first dose a few hours ago, now my left side aches....But no decrease in throat sweeling...
    They did not give me anything. All they recommended was rest.

chest6 is offline Banned
    I was out 3 1/2 weeks lost 45lbs. I struggled benching 95lbs when I came back

Quote Originally Posted by chest6
    I was out 3 1/2 weeks lost 45lbs. I struggled benching 95lbs when I came back
    Dude that is not funny..

This sucks so freaking bad... I don't even understand how the hell i even got this shit.. I don't make out with random chicks .. nor do i share drinks at bars..hell i haven't even been to the bars in months.... I know the first thing my GF is gonna say when she gets back in town is gonna be "What nasty whores have you been kissin on" ok ok im done whining for now.. guess i'll just go back to bed.

chest6 is offline Banned
    Dude that is not funny..

This sucks so freaking bad... I don't even understand how the hell i even got this shit.. I don't make out with random chicks .. nor do i share drinks at bars..hell i haven't even been to the bars in months.... I know the first thing my GF is gonna say when she gets back in town is gonna be "What nasty whores have you been kissin on" ok ok im done whining for now.. guess i'll just go back to bed.
    well i had something worse than mano but similiar...called cytomegalo i think..he told me and i was like wtf is that??

63190 is offline Anabolic Member
    Had it in middle school. Wasn't that bad though. I don't remember how long it lasted.

Anabolic CEO is offline Senior Member
    I don't beleive in Mono. I think it is just in your head that you are tired and run down and lazy..................<---Excuses

They said i had Mono back in High School. I think i was just smoking to much Pot......<---Stoner.

chinups Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Anabolic CEO
    I don't beleive in Mono. I think it is just in your head that you are tired and run down and lazy..................<---Excuses

They said i had Mono back in High School. I think i was just smoking to much Pot......<---Stoner.
    Mano=Lazy???

LOL

Anabolic CEO is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chinups
    Mano=Lazy???

LOL

Mano???

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    my liver or wat ever swelled up and shit or spleen or wat ever.. it suckd i was out for 12 weeks+ kuz of the relapse.. so my idea would be to just rest as much as possible

BuffHottieNtheMaking is offline Female Member
    When I had mono my throat hurt too. Green tea with a little bit of honey seemed to help the scratchy throat. I was just trying to sleep as much as possible... In my parents bathroom they have a separate shower and bath and I would fill the bath and the turn the shower on full blast as hot as possible and soak my sore muscles in the bath while steam from the shower filled the room... that seem to help with chest congestion and sore muscles... OJ will help fight it too... and I drank/ate chicken broth... these things are not going to cure you just help make it a little more tolerable!!! Oh yeah remember that you need to stay away from aspirin, because it can put you at risk for a condition called Reye syndrome. Sorry!!! I know it sucks but I hope you get to feelin better!!!

PaRiS2005 is offline Female Member
    I don't think I've ever had it. Doesn't sound like fun though. Hope you feel better soon.

decadbal is offline Banned
    pct.... you took steroids .. your a no good dirty cheater..

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    vitamin c and lots of it.

Quote Originally Posted by johan
    vitamin c and lots of it.

Ya know i was just about to ask this....

How much Vitamin C we talkin exactly?

Ya know i was just about to ask this....

How much Vitamin C we talkin exactly?
    as much as you can possibly consume without shitting your intestines out

When you have a real bad disease like mono its not always that oral dosages of vit c is enough to beat it. But try it anyway. It will help in some way.

When I have bad colds I can get down 50+ grams without getting upset stomach. So try to push it until you get dihareea. Let me know what dosage that ends up as.

iight i'll let you know... oh BTW you have an idea just how many mg's of vit c are in 1 orange? I love oranges i think i can plow through 8-10 of em right now. that prednisone shit makes me hungrier than i was in week 10 of my last cycle with EQ problem is i can't eat anything unless its soft and cool for right now.

iight i'll let you know... oh BTW you have an idea just how many mg's of vit c are in 1 orange? I love oranges i think i can plow through 8-10 of em right now. that prednisone shit makes me hungrier than i was in week 10 of my last cycle with EQ problem is i can't eat anything unless its soft and cool for right now.
    a orange is maby 50-100mg. So you would have to eat like 100 just to get 10 grams

Quote Originally Posted by chest6
    get some VIt c powder. Mine is "ascorbic acid" and it is 2.25g per 1/2 teaspoon. I usually do that 2-3 times a day. Im a lightweight compared to what Johan does
    Pussy

chest6 is offline Banned
    get some VIt c powder. Mine is "ascorbic acid" and it is 2.25g per 1/2 teaspoon. I usually do that 2-3 times a day. Im a lightweight compared to what Johan does

well that didn't help me out to much

decadbal is offline Banned
    it will take more than a day brotha... vit c is where its all... get ssome glutamine

just go to a supplement store and buy ascorbic acid powder or sodium ascorbate, dont watse money on the pills, go with powder.

Or well since you are sic send your girlfriend, buddy or someone else that needs a walk

Fruits are good but you would literaly have to eat impossible ammounts of fruits to get the vitamin c ammounts needed to get rid of something like mono.

Also boatload Zink. Zink is a very good at getting rid of viruses.

Quote Originally Posted by johan
    just go to a supplement store and buy ascorbic acid powder or sodium ascorbate, dont watse money on the pills, go with powder.

Or well since you are sic send your girlfriend, buddy or someone else that needs a walk

Fruits are good but you would literaly have to eat impossible ammounts of fruits to get the vitamin c ammounts needed to get rid of something like mono.

Also boatload Zink. Zink is a very good at getting rid of viruses.

Thanks for the help man, im gonna go pick up some ascorbic acid and zinc tomorrow, see if that helps..It feels like the head cold part of this is pretty much gone, all i really have is this horrible swollen throat, and and overall weakness 24/7... there are times i can stay awake for a while.. others i can stay awake no more than 15-20 min. I just hope i can get this shit beat soon.. My boy was tellin me today, that he had it for 6 months the last time he had it.

Juddman is offline Anabolic Member
    damn guys, i thought i was bad this year with a couple of colds and the flu...i wish you the best in your recovery

Juddman is offline Anabolic Member
    yea a buddy of mine found out months later when the lab messed up his blood test and didnt tell him he had mono...he got over it without even knowing he had it by just resting...i hope yours is just as easy to get over

Quote Originally Posted by Juddman
    yea a buddy of mine found out months later when the lab messed up his blood test and didnt tell him he had mono...he got over it without even knowing he had it by just resting...i hope yours is just as easy to get over

Starting feel like its headin that direction, i have been sleeping like i never have in my life the past 3-4 days now....plus i wasn't feeling to well all last week, and was sleepin like 10 hours a day, but i thought that was just the pct crap ass feeling... i had that last pct as well... Overall im starting to feel better, but my throat is still killing me... like swallowing a handful of knives!!! However this feeling of feeling better could just be all the drugs im on as well.. im loaded up on prednisone, robitussin, this sinus reliever, ludends throat drops, and a 500mg pain reliever... gah im so tired of sleeping though, my back is killing me.... oh yea im down a good 8lbs already too...grrrr

DwinsChamps is offline Associate Member
    I had mononucleiosis for a long ****ing time. Make some green tea with honey and creme, drink, repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by DwinsChamps
    I had mononucleiosis for a long ****ing time. Make some green tea with honey and creme, drink, repeat.

Thanks a lot, i'll start that tomorrow... what kind of creme? should this be prepared hot or cold?

Johan, i started out using 1000mg of Vit C today, i really feel the difference.. feel a lot better over all... My throat is still freakin killin me though. That, and i still have problems just randomly passing out. My sleep sucks, i'll passout for like 2 hours. wake up for 5 minutes.. passout again... really hard to eat as well... no matter what it is, it has to be extremely soft, my throat just can't take it.... basically been sippin on protein shakes with ice cream, and fruit, and mac and cheese.... anyone have any other suggestions?

Johan, i started out using 1000mg of Vit C today, i really feel the difference.. feel a lot better over all... My throat is still freakin killin me though. That, and i still have problems just randomly passing out. My sleep sucks, i'll passout for like 2 hours. wake up for 5 minutes.. passout again... really hard to eat as well... no matter what it is, it has to be extremely soft, my throat just can't take it.... basically been sippin on protein shakes with ice cream, and fruit, and mac and cheese.... anyone have any other suggestions?
    100mg is a start. Now increase it 15 fold to 15 000 mg or even 30 000. I have gone as high as 60 000 when sic.

DwinsChamps is offline Associate Member
    You can add the creme to your hot tea straight from the 'frige. I like half & half, but personal preference is the best way to go. Try making the tea really hot, add some creme, and breathe in the fumes until it's cool enough to sip.

You posted this at 2:14 am?? Get some rest bro! I know it's hard to sleep, but that's the best thing you can do for yourself.

i know man, but its hard to stay asleep when you sleep all day and all night days and days in a row.... now it seems like im asleep for 2-3 hours up for about 30 min. then back to bed.... i'm feeling about 80% better today than yesterday though..

beezlebubb666 is offline Associate Member
    once agina bro.. quit kissin all them biatches!! lmao

Quote Originally Posted by beezlebubb666
    once agina bro.. quit kissin all them biatches!! lmao

No shit! but damn.. every weekend its like DANGER! DANGER! There are Filthy Filth Monglers on the horizon and there is no end in site!

oh yea im takin 3000mg a day now... workin great.. i feel damn fantastic actually.... thanks johan

Thread Information