mavsluva is offline "Gone but not forgotten" 10/11/07

At what age did you notice....

At what age did you notice a change in your metabolism? I understand the variables that goes into a subject such as this one (body type, workout regimen, diet, genetics, etc.), but I'm curious to know when you all knew that a change was taking place. I'm 28 and I've begun to notice a change in my metabolism over the last 6 months or so. It may have something to do with the fact that I've been introduced to some new stresses in my life including debt, adapting to a married lifestyle, and household chores. But my body simply responds differently these days to physical activity. I used to be able to workout with ease and still have enough in the tank to do all sorts of other things without missing a beat. I'm finding more importance in a good nights sleep, where before, I could go a week straight on 4-6 hours of sleep and be good to go the next day. Not so much anymore!

So how about it, yall? Who here can tell that age is beginning to work against them?

Grace and peace,
    Mavsluva

chest6 is offline Banned
    Oh the good ol' days. Im gettin old

Teabagger is offline Senior Member
    It's probably not your metabolism as much as your lifestyle changes and the stresses that come with change. At your age I was still runnin' and gunnin' hard.

Without a doubt by the time you hit your late 30's or early 40's your metabo has slowed and changed. Just make the appropriate adjustments to diet, exercise and rest and you'll be hard charging long after the 40's.

Remember life is a marathon not a sprint and that no one gets out alive.

Thread Information