Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: crotch rockets

SPIKE is offline AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Quote Originally Posted by gsxxr
    Ducati suck

Quote Originally Posted by Jenseno9
    Im looking at getting a yamaha R1... Why should i get a suzuki instead? What about a honda?

I like R1's but the 1000 blows it away. I learned how to ride on an R6 then started riding and R1. As soon as I got on a Gixxer it was over........

decadbal is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Predator
    Is that your first bike deca ? If so, stay away...

Sorry guys, I race AND teach race schools, and 99% of the people i met cant handle a stock gixxer/busa/r1/etc etc on the street.

Get a 600, learn how to ride. A good rider on a 600 will smoke an average rider on a 1000+ in the twisties on any given day of the week.
    first crotch rocket yea, ive been on bikes since i was a kid tho, maybe 7, i have a harley and have riden a few crotch rockets, i dont want it to haul ass or anything like that, ppl that know me know i dont drive retardedly, i want it bc it is fast, not bc i wanna go fast.. thanks for lookin out tho bro

Evil Predator is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by decadbal
    first crotch rocket yea, ive been on bikes since i was a kid tho, maybe 7, i have a harley and have riden a few crotch rockets, i dont want it to haul ass or anything like that, ppl that know me know i dont drive retardedly, i want it bc it is fast, not bc i wanna go fast.. thanks for lookin out tho bro

Cool enough then man, it just always kills me to see people who have never ridden pick these things up, and I know, not only is the dumbass kid gonna die for his arrogance/ignorance, that poor shiny bike is gonna get wrecked

I pick up my fatboy next week. Cant wait.

I have an rc51 (street) and a gixxer1k (race)
    Last edited by Evil Predator; 02-20-2006 at 06:24 PM.

crash187ct is offline Senior Member
    Yes you need to get a bike license. As for insurance you will spend like 800 a year.

800 a year?? i think its time for someone to switch insurance companies...i pay $240 a year, everything from collision, and theft...to fire... and yes, you have to take a test at the dmv to get your permit (no passenger) and after that you can get your license....thats how it is in NC.

......800 a year....rofl....

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayhova
    I like R1's but the 1000 blows it away. I learned how to ride on an R6 then started riding and R1. As soon as I got on a Gixxer it was over........
    Disagree Jay, I'd smoke your ass on my old R1 lol

Had an 02 silver/blk, now I have a 04 Gsxr 1000. Personally prefered the R1, handled better and felt like it had more power. I feel yamaha makes a better bike.

Tedbear981 is offline Member
    mv agusta now that is a bike
    Sex on wheels my man..I wish I had 30 grand to blow on one of those...I have a 05 CBR 1000RR, Traded in my 954, Ride Red!

Quote Originally Posted by IBdmfkr
    I feel yamaha makes a better bike.
    You can feel that way, but truth is, the gixxer1k is smoother, faster, turns sharper, and handles better than any stock r1, any day of the week. Which is why so many amateur racers are racing gsxr's............

G-1000 is offline Cycle King/AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tedbear981
    Sex on wheels my man..I wish I had 30 grand to blow on one of those...I have a 05 CBR 1000RR, Traded in my 954, Ride Red!

I have had sex on 2 wheels. But have not owned a agusta

MotoXracer is offline Associate Member
    I'm not sure where you guys are getting your insurance but if you live in NY and you are under 25, your going to be paying about $2,000 a year in insurance. I live on Long Island and $2,000 was the cheapest quote I got and I have a clean license. I registered my bike out of my sisters house in PA and it droped to $1,300 for the year. When I turned 25 it droped to $280 for the year. The bike was a 2003 crb600RR.

As for a bike, check out an SV650. It's a v-twin which is great for the street and it is also an awsome track bike. It has a ton of aftermarket parts for it and it's some what cheap to buy and race. It was a serious toss up for me between a 600 I4 or the sv650. If I were to buy another sportbike, it would be a race prepped SV650 that I would just race.

My next street bike is going to be one of these though.

Blog Entries
    Hey Bro

I'm in N.J and with state farm. My gsxr 1000 only runs me 350 a year.

Quote Originally Posted by MotoXracer
    I'm not sure where you guys are getting your insurance but if you live in NY and you are under 25, your going to be paying about $2,000 a year in insurance. I live on Long Island and $2,000 was the cheapest quote I got and I have a clean license. I registered my bike out of my sisters house in PA and it droped to $1,300 for the year. When I turned 25 it droped to $280 for the year. The bike was a 2003 crb600RR.

As for a bike, check out an SV650. It's a v-twin which is great for the street and it is also an awsome track bike. It has a ton of aftermarket parts for it and it's some what cheap to buy and race. It was a serious toss up for me between a 600 I4 or the sv650. If I were to buy another sportbike, it would be a race prepped SV650 that I would just race.

My next street bike is going to be one of these though.

Disagree Jay, I'd smoke your ass on my old R1 lol

Whoa whoa whoa!! Those are fightin' words brotha....................The 1000 will put a quick beating on an R1 all day.

lol, not with you riding it. Probably wreck it in 5minutes!

Blog Entries

lol, not with you riding it. Probably wreck it in 5minutes!
    Yea you're right about that one.

I can just chill I have to do 100 everywhere I go. Had my last 1000 (grey/black) up to 176mph. Everything was a blurr and I told myself that was the last time I would do that.

Just highway wheelies and endos at every stop sign.

Psychotron is offline Anabolic Member
    Ha, I want to get one, but Im probably gonna get a triumph daytona 955i

i ride a 97 harley fatboy, 93 harley sportster 1200, and a 79 triumph bonneville special

decadbal is offline Banned
    saw a gsxr 750 at the gym and i almost wanna get one, what do they start at fellas tha know

04hayabusa is offline New Member
    I rode a chopper the other day. I was going to get one until that. It sucked! It was uncomfortable as hell and vibrated like a jackhammer. It couldn't turn worth a damn and if you wear any lifesaving gear on it, you look stupid. F that. Besides that, even with the big v twin I felt like I was dragging an anchor behind me.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 04hayabusa
    I rode a chopper the other day. I was going to get one until that. It sucked! It was uncomfortable as hell and vibrated like a jackhammer. It couldn't turn worth a damn and if you wear any lifesaving gear on it, you look stupid. F that. Besides that, even with the big v twin I felt like I was dragging an anchor behind me.

LOL I did the same thing as you. I saw a real cool chopper and going to buy it. till i rode one. that put an end to that dream. I still like the looks of a lot of them.

Quote Originally Posted by decadbal
    saw a gsxr 750 at the gym and i almost wanna get one, what do they start at fellas tha know
    Depends on the year and size of the motor. Good starting bike is a 600cc, let's say a year 00' runs around 4K or so. 03 and newer will run 5K+. Brand new, 8-10K.

Depends on the year and size of the motor. Good starting bike is a 600cc, let's say a year 00' runs around 4K or so. 03 and newer will run 5K+. Brand new, 8-10K.

Yea especially if you buy a used R1 or R6, they are practically going for nothing. once the owner gets on a gixxer then forget all about Yamaha

lol, the yamaha is a great bike. Don't lie, they wouldn't sell you one after they found out you wrecked 5bikes in 5days.

I find the suzuki's are more comfortable for ppl who have longer arms as opposed to the yamaha has a shorter tank and reach for the user. I have short stubby arms, so I felt more comfortable on the yamaha. Also it looks a hell of a lot better

I find the suzuki's are more comfortable for ppl who have longer arms as opposed to the yamaha has a shorter tank and reach for the user.
    Yea that's very true. I'm 6 feet even with some long a$$ arms. Gixers have HUGE tanks on them and I love that. They were perfect for when I used to sit on them poppin wheelies............................Right b4 I dump the bike

rgecko23 is offline Associate Member
    Yea you're right about that one.

I can just chill I have to do 100 everywhere I go. Had my last 1000 (grey/black) up to 176mph. Everything was a blurr and I told myself that was the last time I would do that.

Just highway wheelies and endos at every stop sign.
    my 02 gsxr 750 tapped out at 172 i know a 1k will go faster than 176. cause my two friends that have 1ks ripped right by me when i was going 165. i got to 176 and couldn't catch them. what a freakin rush. i wish i still had mine. i dropped it when someone decided they were going tochange lanes when i was doing a nice 2nd gear wheelie on the highway. check the back out from it. broken shoulder blade, broken right foot, left hand and collar bone. i rolled for about 100 feet. good think i was wearing a helmet and my gloves or i would have been way worse off.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails crotch rockets-100_0110-2-.jpg  

Psychotron is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rgecko23
    my 02 gsxr 750 tapped out at 172 i know a 1k will go faster than 176. cause my two friends that have 1ks ripped right by me when i was going 165. i got to 176 and couldn't catch them. what a freakin rush. i wish i still had mine. i dropped it when someone decided they were going tochange lanes when i was doing a nice 2nd gear wheelie on the highway. check the back out from it. broken shoulder blade, broken right foot, left hand and collar bone. i rolled for about 100 feet. good think i was wearing a helmet and my gloves or i would have been way worse off.
    that's too bad you whiped, but it's your own fault for being a dumbass.

OUCH thats pretty bad. I have some way worse ones but none on my comp. Did have them on my comp once but then I had a power surge and lost all the pics. Realy nasty so probably better off that I dont have them........

I know the 1k will go faster. That was my limit and I was dumb for even going that fast. 2nd gear wheelie huh? you must just have started riding

Just kidding just kidding........

my 02 gsxr 750 tapped out at 172

No, your speedo showed 172... A gixxer750 does 158-160 TOPS, flat out, and takes forever to get there... What your speedo shows is far from the right speed. Theres about an 8% error. Have your bike Yellow Boxed if you want your real speeds/rpms...

Polska is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenseno9
    Im looking at getting a yamaha R1... Why should i get a suzuki instead? What about a honda?
    You want to get an R1 for your first motorbike? It's been good knowing you bro!

Seriously, get a 600, even though I would even recommend a 500cc bike to start.

I have an R6 and I love it. It was my first bike and I did crash it. (In my defense the reason why I crashed was not technical and had nothing or little to do with being a new rider. I would've crashed had I been riding a bicycle in that scenerio).

I've recently rebuilt my R6 (very fun, I learned a lot), and $3500 later I am riding again.

You'll need to get your licence and take the MSF course, it's very good.
    As far as insurance it depends on your age and how clean your record is; but a new rider on a sports bike will pay a lot more than a veteran rider with a long clean history.

It's a fun sport man, and you WILL get addicted. ride like you're invisible NOT like you're invincible and BUY THAT GEAR. Don't be a squid... get MINIMUM helmet, jacket, gloves, and boots. That's what I have and wear denim jeans too. Denim holds up pretty good but leather pants and chaps would be even better. I see guys riding around all the time in beaters and shorts. They deserve to have no skin left when they crash.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotron
    that's too bad you whiped, but it's your own fault for being a dumbass.
    hey, i could slip in the shower and break my neck. dumbass??? thats questionable. jackass for doing it on the highway yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Predator
    No, your speedo showed 172... A gixxer750 does 158-160 TOPS, flat out, and takes forever to get there... What your speedo shows is far from the right speed. Theres about an 8% error. Have your bike Yellow Boxed if you want your real speeds/rpms...
    i didnt know that it was off like that. thats new to me. i would have liked to take it to the track and see what it would have done in the 1/4 and on a twisty track. they dont have too much of that in ohio. we have alot of 1/4 mile tracks. the only race track we have is mid ohio and thats very expensive to get onto.

OUCH thats pretty bad. I have some way worse ones but none on my comp. Did have them on my comp once but then I had a power surge and lost all the pics. Realy nasty so probably better off that I dont have them........

I know the 1k will go faster. That was my limit and I was dumb for even going that fast. 2nd gear wheelie huh? you must just have started riding

Just kidding just kidding........
    no your right, i just started to learn how to do them. i could go for about a half mile and i was just about able to change lanes too but then that happened.

i didnt know that it was off like that. thats new to me. i would have liked to take it to the track and see what it would have done in the 1/4 and on a twisty track. they dont have too much of that in ohio. we have alot of 1/4 mile tracks. the only race track we have is mid ohio and thats very expensive to get onto.

Ive raced at mid-ohio

you can usually get a weekend trackday for 150 bucks tops, and trust me, its worth it. You'll learn more in a few hours at the track than you will in 25000miles of street riding.

So many street riders think their fast, then they meet racers

I love this video... I watch shit like this before every ride
    http://digital-webscape.com/broken.wmv

04hayabusa is offline New Member
    The 750's and 1000's are real fast. I know 'cuase they are usually hualling ass when I fly by them. I've hit the 185 limit on the speedo and the Busa keeps pulling and pulling. You lift your head over the windscreen doing 190 and it will probably get ripped off! Great feeling!

Quote Originally Posted by 04hayabusa
    The 750's and 1000's are real fast. I know 'cuase they are usually hualling ass when I fly by them. I've hit the 185 limit on the speedo and the Busa keeps pulling and pulling. You lift your head over the windscreen doing 190 and it will probably get ripped off! Great feeling!
    I hope you're talking about going this fast on the TRACK bro!

*Alex* is offline Senior Member
    had a 2002 yamaha r1 , yosh pipe, dyno jetted! fast bike , layed it down about a year and half ago. bought a american iron horse "chopper" 6 month ago. ggreat bike. open primary, vence hince pipes, spike filter, chrome all around! spent $30k. i love it . will post pix tomorrow!!! peace!

ps. "choppers for life"

*Alex* is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Polska
    I love this video... I watch shit like this before every ride
    http://digital-webscape.com/broken.wmv
    nice one!!!!!!! anymore???????

Blog Entries

Hey bro thats great. i had road rash on my back like that also. But i got hit by a truck.

Quote Originally Posted by Polska
    I hope you're talking about going this fast on the TRACK bro!

He's not... because if he took his busa to any track with a 600 and a decent rider, he'd be lapped in no time..

As a matter of fact, i'll go as far to say I can beat him on a tight track with a Ninja 500 and 4 gears, and im not even close to being the fastest guy I know..

Not trying to talk shit to you 04hayabusa, but truth of the matter is, busa's were built to drag race, and they do it well, and their also decent tourers. But for anything else they are complete trash.

legobricks is offline Retired AR Monitor
    Does anyone agree with me on this one.

The new yamaha R1's look sexy as hell but arent as fast as the gixxer 1000's.
    the gixxer 1000's are faster, but not as sexy. maybe its just me, but i had a gixxer 600 and thought it was an OK ride. I like the feel on an R1, plus im only 5'8" roughly so the shorter tank feels nicer versus the smaller tank on the R1. I thought the r6 was a little too tall but i do like it better than the gixxer 600. how bout speed for the 600s in yamaha and suzuki?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information