BeerBaron is offline Senior Member

Public displays of affection in the gym

We've all seen a guy and his girl workin out in the gym. Personally I wouldn't want the distraction, but hey, if you can deal with it by all means go ahead. But when these people start mackin' it inbetween sets, it just seems too far off from the norm. Now I've seen a discrete peck on the cheek as they both go off to separate parts of the gym, this isn't what I'm talking about. What inspired me to make this post was actually the owner of my gym, and this girl who works at the gym. So I'm doin cg bench and the owner is training this girl (employee) about 10 feet away from me. I'm on like rep 6 and I actually heard what sounded like kissing. After, I get up and look around, look at them and figure it was just some wierd sound, maybe some fat guy farting. So I'm resting inbetween sets and out of the corner of my eye I see them seriously going at it. I look around to see who else is seeing this and there was one other guy who acknowledged me with a look like "wtf, are these two serious?". Now a lot of the shock value gets taken away because you have no idea what this guy and girl look like. The guy (owner) is about 6'3" 245, juiced to oblivion, soo much juice his face actually looks distorted. This guys back looks like he is wearing a turtle shell, he is maybe 35-40. The girl (employee) looks to be my age, not a day over 20 at most, maybe even still a teen, and is about all of 5'3". But their physical characteristics are irrelevant for the most part, although it adds another element of wierd into the equation. The real moral of the story is "get a room, not a gym membership".

Polska is offline Anabolic Member
    Thankfully I've yet to see this sort of disgustingness at my gym.

pyschomab is offline Associate Member
    thats just awful! funny yet awful!

Timm1704 is offline Anabolic Member
    well, if i had a real hot bird wantin to neck with me in the gym, id do it. altho if i had a girlfriend and she trained with me, then id keep it all business. until we got back home, then, let the sweaty body-tango commence

Myka is offline Made Of Sugar
    gross...stupid humans...

Puffader is offline Senior Member
    Ask the dude if he needs help.......

Quote Originally Posted by Puffader
    Ask the dude if he needs help.......
    the only help I could offer is to point him in the direction of his own office in the gym.

Mike Dura is offline Senior Member
    Either it's exhibitionism or it's "I don't give a f@@k." But either way, it's kind of hot. If it bugs you don't look. Maybe what bugs you is that she's your age and she's being "tapped" by a "mature" man. He's tapping out your resource pool and you don't like this? On the other hand, sometimes exhibitionism can bring about distaste - especially when it's done by overtly narcissistic types.

StoneGRMI is offline Giggity Giggity Giggty!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerBaron
    I'm on like rep 6 and I actually heard what sounded like kissing. After, I get up and look around, look at them and figure it was just some wierd sound, maybe some fat guy farting.

LMAO

Bigen12 is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Yeah....

Imagine the looks Deca gets, when he Maraxus lock lips between sets.....

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    Don't see how people do it. I'd never let me girl in the gym with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Dura
    Either it's exhibitionism or it's "I don't give a f@@k." But either way, it's kind of hot. If it bugs you don't look. Maybe what bugs you is that she's your age and she's being "tapped" by a "mature" man. He's tapping out your resource pool and you don't like this? On the other hand, sometimes exhibitionism can bring about distaste - especially when it's done by overtly narcissistic types.
    LMAO! I wouldn't date/**** anyone at my gym to begin with (except for this one chick who is like 26 and a super hot model). But you must admit there are social norms that people should make an atempt to live with in for the sake of everyone around them, that is if they expect to be respected like a normal member of society.

As a confirmed maverick, I would never admit such a thing. I like the idea of breaking norms if nothing more than to get you to right a thread about me. It takes balls to do your own thing and not care what others think. That's what individualism is all about and our culture puts a premium on "rugged individualism." Right?

LMAO! I wouldn't date/**** anyone at my gym to begin with (except for this one chick who is like 26 and a super hot model). But you must admit there are social norms that people should make an atempt to live with in for the sake of everyone around them, that is if they expect to be respected like a normal member of society.

WEBB is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    me and my girl go to the gym everyday and i love it, but i ensure we are never traininng the same thing so we dont cross paths unless she needs my help with something, like how the machine works or if she is doing something wrong i help her out. i am completely focused at the gym and dont see a problem with your girlfriend training at the same time let a lone the same gym. plus it saves a lot of money for gas and if you both train at the same time you can spend more time toghether, at least thats what she tells me, my girl will give me a spot from time to time cause that way i know she cant do it all for me i know i am doing most of the work. as for the kissing part, when we first started going together she would always ask for a kiss and i just said not at the gym, end of discussion. if we are at the mall sure, but the gym is where i work and dont want any distractions. as for your situation i would find another gym, or try and find a different area where you cant see them.

chest6 is offline Banned
    Ya man its really weird. Back home there was this couple like that. Some guy actually said something to them once and they bitched at him for awhile. I try not to look, but its hard when theyre right in front of you hugging for like 10 minutes..

A few years ago I made out with this girl I've been flirting with in the Jacuzzi at Bally's. There were two other people in the hot tub and I just didn't care. Maybe that was selfish but I have no regrets. It was "the heat of the moment."

i remember seeing this one couple at the gym after she got done doing low row and the machine he came up and sat behind her and was kissing her neck, i just looked over in shock and mouthed the word LOSERS and shook my head, they stopped very shortly.

A few years ago I made out with this girl I've been flirting with in the Jacuzzi at Bally's. There were two other people in the hot tub and I just didn't care. Maybe that was selfish but I have no regrets. It was "the heat of the moment."
    i guess thats because your a confirmed maverick. i dont really think it was selfish just more disrespecful to the other people. JMO

superbeast is offline Member
    Not saying it is right or wrong. Sounds like maybe a case of jealousy. Who gives a sh*t what anybody else in the gym is doing. If you are there to workout and are truly focused, you shouldn't even notice. If you are there to see human interaction, enjoy the show. Other than a lifting partner, I couldn't tell you who was at the gym, what they did, or even what music was on.

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    well that is gross man, iv dated a few girls in the gym and when im there they will come up to me and give me a hug no more, no need to rub it into peoples faces

It takes balls to do your own thing and not care what others think. That's what individualism is all about and our culture puts a premium on "rugged individualism." Right?
    It takes balls, or total ignorance. Individualism is not making out in public, that's just falling into a category of dousch bag that doesn't know how to act in a public place.

63190 is offline Anabolic Member
    I used to make out with my ex-gf between sets. Got to be very distracting. Not finishing a workout. Tried being all business, but was just so difficult. I'll never do that again.

craneboy is offline Senior Member
    you should ask her next time you see her "what do you see in that shell back?" knowing it will get back to him pissing him off. then if he confronts you you can fvck him up

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    After, I get up and look around, look at them and figure it was just some wierd sound, maybe some fat guy farting.
    That would be one ****ing sic sounding fart

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    I dont know why people gets disturbed by people kissing in public???

Evil Predator is offline Senior Member
    My girl trains at the same time as me when she can. We both work shift, so its not really often, but we dont train together. She makes a wicked little trashtalking spotter tho, and she's not afraid to clue people in that I dont want them talking to me.

BIGRTHABETTR is offline Banned
    Funny, my girl starts at my gym in a week, not sure good or bad.

63190 is offline Anabolic Member
    Just don't train with her directly.

BIGRTHABETTR is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 63190
    Just don't train with her directly.
    Ya I got to help her some, but I got a partner, going to kill my mojoe.

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    on the other hand i like to use the gym for my " me time " its the only time of day that i really have to myself besides sleeping, so its like a little 2hr break from reality, including her, i turn my phone off and put the head phones on so i dont have to deal with anyone except my gym buddies which i dont mind takeing a break between sets to chat with, but on the other side of the page if she is there with you you can always have an eye on her because if she is going to another gym you never know whos trying to hit it behind your back

Massacre is offline Senior Member
    At my old gym there was always a couple that woul hold hands all around the gym. I've seen it over and over from other couples. I mean, sure. I've dated chicks from my gym in the past but nobody knew it but maybe me, my training partner, and her.

At the gym we would barely even talk. It was my time to get big. After my shower then it was her time to get hit. LOL

GQ-Bouncer is offline Anabolic Member
    lol, 'making out' is a sexual thing
    public affection is holding hands, hugging and being cute

that's pretty inappropiate for the owner lol

Quote Originally Posted by GQ-Bouncer

that's pretty inappropiate for the owner lol
    I know it's inappropiate on like 5 different levels hahaha.

Thread Information