Thread: ups job

tiger909 is offline Senior Member

ups job

got an interview for a job as a package handler at a ups warehouse tomorrow

anything i should know before hand?

Dont have drugs in your system (rec drugs).

frcfed94z is offline New Member
    nah, UPS doesnt drug test, if they did, they would have no employees. I use to be package handler and a sorter. Hard work, you basically have to just pick up packages and put them on a conveyor belt. Good money tho. I was making $11 in under 6 months of being there. Once you have been there for a little ask to go to the sort aisle. Much easier job and you get a raise.

oldman is offline Anabolic Member
    I worked one summer a few years ago unloading trucks.. Two words.. IT SUCKED!!

Good money for only a few hours of work but you will work like a dog.

UPS will hire almost anyone that shows up because they go through so many people in the loading and unloading area and everyone has to start there. As noted above if you can take the test and pass it move to sorter ASAP it is much easier job and they give you a raise.

If you can stick it out you can make some nice cash but it is one tough job.

~Old

bombastico is offline Junior Member
    RUN AWAY!!!

Seriously, I did that job for a few months then got moved to loader (pays a bit more). It was easily the worst job (both handler and loader) I've ever had in my entire life. I was at UPS for 2 1/2 years. It was after HS and I did it because the hours (3am to 9am) allowed me to go to college AND they paid for college.

The 2 1/2 years I spent at UPS were the worst years of my life. I hated that job with every ounce of my being. I hated every single second. Managers are scum and will work you to the bone. Alot of drivers are pricks and bitch about every little thing. You had better check with your Union rep for advice on anything a manager tells you (they're shady).

I will say this though... The benefits are great for a non-fulltime job which makes it great for students. You gotta be willing to bust your ass (its very grueling physically and mentally). When they say this job isn't for everyone... they really mean it. They got a very high turnaround at that level. I quit that job on my last semester of college and it couldn't have come any sooner.

be prepared.

yea working at UPS sucks dick...not worth the money IMO....

overworked and underapprecaited basically...i worked there this summer...it was absurd....i hated every minute of it...

bigbouncinballs is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bombastico
    RUN AWAY!!!

Seriously, I did that job for a few months then got moved to loader (pays a bit more). It was easily the worst job (both handler and loader) I've ever had in my entire life. I was at UPS for 2 1/2 years. It was after HS and I did it because the hours (3am to 9am) allowed me to go to college AND they paid for college.

The 2 1/2 years I spent at UPS were the worst years of my life. I hated that job with every ounce of my being. I hated every single second. Managers are scum and will work you to the bone. Alot of drivers are pricks and bitch about every little thing. You had better check with your Union rep for advice on anything a manager tells you (they're shady).

I will say this though... The benefits are great for a non-fulltime job which makes it great for students. You gotta be willing to bust your ass (its very grueling physically and mentally). When they say this job isn't for everyone... they really mean it. They got a very high turnaround at that level. I quit that job on my last semester of college and it couldn't have come any sooner.

be prepared.
    pretty much what this guy said.
    four and a half hours of sweat. better hope its cold where you are. did it one summer years ago for some extra cash. in two weeks i was more shredded than id ever been. literally soaked after each shift, shirt, shorts, boxers, everything.
    have fun buddy, one of the worst jobs ive ever had.

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    hahahah, i worked for UPS for 3 years, i started as an unloader at night " local sort " good cardio by the way, then i was moved to a pre-loader, 3am-9am, then i was promoted to pre-load supervisor, pretty good pay doing that, its worth it if you stick with it and show you are a strong minded person, with dedication, but dont exspect any breaks to eat if your dieting

Thread Information