Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    GQ-Bouncer is offline Anabolic Member
    to make things more clear, the definition of a "Sucker Punch" is to attack an unprepared opponent, or, attack someone by suprise.

Everyone here realizes Streetfighting isn't suppose to be fair right? that a mature person doesn't call out "1 on 1" 's in the street, that engaging in uncontrolled violence (i.e. not sports) is a morally wrong thing to do?

I find it hard that you people take the high ground in "I'd never attack an opponent whom could potentially be a threat, will likely attack me first, or that my main goal is to physically damage him - regardless of these things, I would allow him to control the initiative"

As a Bouncer i've been in several situations where i would sneak up and "choke out" someone who was mouthing off a staff member or threatening another patron, this is all so i could control the amount of violence occurring and severely limit the amount of damage that could possably be caused to myself, him, and the people around me. To you people however, that would still be considered a dishonorable "suckerpunch"

In this situation especially, where you see an uncharasmatic fat kid, obviously around a trusting unprepared opponent is attacked completly (from what the video shows) for no reason, such display makes us firmly against the whole act itself, And now it becomes a stereotypical response without anyone thinking about the subject deeper than what your gut reactions from the video shows.

Don't get me wrong, I respect the morality of the people posting here, but i also understand that morality only creates limitations for good people, especially in what i would consider unrealistic in terms of "winning" in violence
    Last edited by GQ-Bouncer; 03-08-2006 at 12:26 AM.

Tren Bull is offline Dbol Junkie
    its different when you creep up on someone causing trouble in your bar or whatever cause you are just doing your job, while minimizing damage done to the people de****g with the fool, and to your self. i defintely do not consider that to be dishonorable. but someone doing that for no provoked reason and trying to act all bad ass at the same time is straight bull sh_t.

godkilla is offline Senior Member
    i have been sucker punched and i have sucker punched, and i dont see what the big deal is. we are talking about a street fight here, not a match/bout/w/e. there are no rules or ref in a street fight and as far as i am concerned if some asshole wants to fight me then he better be ready. i would rather sucker punch some asshole and knock him out than have to risk injury trying to be a nice guy. for the record i have never suckered someone who wasnt looking and didnt already threaten violence against me. i love having fast hands

WHOADY4SHOADY is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GQ-Bouncer
    to make things more clear, the definition of a "Sucker Punch" is to attack an unprepared opponent, or, attack someone by suprise.

Everyone here realizes Streetfighting isn't suppose to be fair right? that a mature person doesn't call out "1 on 1" 's in the street, that engaging in uncontrolled violence (i.e. not sports) is a morally wrong thing to do?

I find it hard that you people take the high ground in "I'd never attack an opponent whom could potentially be a threat, will likely attack me first, or that my main goal is to physically damage him - regardless of these things, I would allow him to control the initiative"

As a Bouncer i've been in several situations where i would sneak up and "choke out" someone who was mouthing off a staff member or threatening another patron, this is all so i could control the amount of violence occurring and severely limit the amount of damage that could possably be caused to myself, him, and the people around me. To you people however, that would still be considered a dishonorable "suckerpunch"

In this situation especially, where you see an uncharasmatic fat kid, obviously around a trusting unprepared opponent is attacked completly (from what the video shows) for no reason, such display makes us firmly against the whole act itself, And now it becomes a stereotypical response without anyone thinking about the subject deeper than what your gut reactions from the video shows.

Don't get me wrong, I respect the morality of the people posting here, but i also understand that morality only creates limitations for good people, especially in what i would consider unrealistic in terms of "winning" in violence

You have seen Bas's StreetFight DVD, havent you. The mans a beast, and tells it like it is. I agree with GQ for the most part. He knows what hes talking about guys. Trust me on this. If you live your life right, and hang with decent people, you probably will never have to deal with a situation like this. If you do, It will probably be once or twice in your lifetime. I mean, Im 23 now, and I grew up white in an all black neighborhood in New Orleans, So you could imagine I have been in a few fights over stupid shit. Once I hit about 14, I didnt have to defend my self from the ignorant people who were looking for fights all the time. The black people who I hung out with and grew up with would stand up for me, not cause they had to, but because they wanted to. They wanted to let the ignorant people who didnt know me and would pick fights with me for no good reason to know that I was a decent or "cool" person wheter I was white or any other color.

zimmy is offline Anabolic Member
    I gotta say...there are no rules in love and war.

I have been in many fights in my day. I'm a pretty well trained fighter...not the best but definately ok. I have never walked up to someone and punched them when they weren't looking. I usually don't try to start fights and if i want to , i'll do it verbally. Now if someone is running there mouth off at me i'm not going to say "put up your dooks". I will walk up to em and either take em down or start throwing...either way i'm not going to warn them.

Also... the idea of a "sucker" punch really puts a denotation of fairness to fighting. The idea of a fair fight between trained fighters and your average joe is really lost. So any fight i might get in could be considered unfair in that way.

Anna Bollick is offline Juiced Shemale Rescue Hooker
    What is a "good fighter"? Is it the guy who wins the most fights?

Fighting for no good reason is stupid, immature, and immoral. With that said, if you DO have to fight for a good reason, and there is no practical alternative, screw the gentleman stuff. You do what you think you must do to accomplish your objective. In the military, one of the first things you learn of value in any sort of specwar type training is that winners fight "dirty". Winners are resourceful. Winners are brutal. Winners are focused. Winners are quick to exploit weaknesses. Winners are not overly distracted by the rules of sportsmanlike conduct. Fight "fair", usually = "lose".

Keeping in mind, of course, that one of YOUR objectives might be to moderate the mayhem or stay out of jail, you do what you got to do to put the guy down and out of the fight, preferably before it even begins. On the reverse side of the coin, if you think somebody has a beef with you, you should never NOT be expecting a sucker punch, drink to the eyes, whatever.

Love
    Anna

MartyMcFly is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Anna Bollick
    What is a "good fighter"? Is it the guy who wins the most fights?

Fighting for no good reason is stupid, immature, and immoral. With that said, if you DO have to fight for a good reason, and there is no practical alternative, screw the gentleman stuff. You do what you think you must do to accomplish your objective. In the military, one of the first things you learn of value in any sort of specwar type training is that winners fight "dirty". Winners are resourceful. Winners are brutal. Winners are focused. Winners are quick to exploit weaknesses. Winners are not overly distracted by the rules of sportsmanlike conduct. Fight "fair", usually = "lose".

Keeping in mind, of course, that one of YOUR objectives might be to moderate the mayhem or stay out of jail, you do what you got to do to put the guy down and out of the fight, preferably before it even begins. On the reverse side of the coin, if you think somebody has a beef with you, you should never NOT be expecting a sucker punch, drink to the eyes, whatever.

Love
    Anna

Good point.

DamnYouMSN is offline Anabolic Member
    god.... anna bollick scares me

lucabratzi is offline Anabolic Member
    gq-bouncer i agree with you bro. **** fair fighting. those kids in the video were all retards, if u know ur about to fight someone or some people dont let some of the people get behind you. always keep ur eye on everyone. its ur own fault if you get sucker punched. i thought it was dirty when a kid walked up and headbutted me in 9th grade from then on i realized there is no such thing as a fair fight. if you have problems with someone run up on them and knock them out. they know you have probs with them they should know your goin to hit them.

ToTheBuckeT21 is offline Senior Member
    HAHA round house kick to the face.. Its one thing if you know there is about to be some shit.. but someone who doesn't have a clue who gets nailed in the face thats just bullshit.. i'm all about having ur guard up, but whos gonna have it up 24/7.. hell if i wanna fight someone i'll tell them flat out they can have the first punch cause i'm gonna have the last

Mike Dura is offline Senior Member
    They are good fighters. They know that getting the first shot is an advantage.
    They make the other dude the sucker.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information