biglouie250 is offline Anabolic Member

calling all 80s/hairband fans.......

few awesome tours i thought you guys should know about that im pretty pumped for. no dates have been set. Guns n Roses reunion tour announced no dates set, and yes thats axel and slash back in action. Cinderella and Poison announced a joint tour, no dates set. and the one i think im really pumped for is def leppard and journey on tour together, no dates set. the 80s arent dead.....they were just hibernating for a while!!!!! im so pumped man. thinking about growing a mullet now!!!! got the info from Sirius channel 23 (hairnation) i love that ****ing channel!!!

bigbouncinballs is offline Senior Member
    always digged poison (i was pretty young), the last time i saw GNR was that mtv thing a while ago and axl was... let's just say, outta shape.

Testsubject is offline Anabolic Member
    Nothing beat hair metal, thats what real music and guitar playing is all about, all these new bands these days make music that all sounds the same, hurting, if you ask me. The Crüe has got to be my fav.

biglouie250 is offline Anabolic Member
    love the crue!!!!!! waiting on them to annouce something. i know they are on tour now, need them to come to NY!!!!!!!

Neo
    Neo is offline Senior Member
    Wait a sec...GNR is actually reuniting? Or is Axl trying to do something stupid again, like getting "BucketHead" to play the guitar for him?

MartyMcFly is offline Senior Member
    Buckethead can play! Not G n R though. They are still my favorite band ever.

RuhlFreak55 is offline Purveyor of Thor's Hammer
    sweet

bigbouncinballs is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo
    Wait a sec...GNR is actually reuniting? Or is Axl trying to do something stupid again, like getting "BucketHead" to play the guitar for him?
    boy did that suck!

Chookster is offline Associate Member
    hell yeah hair metal rocks....xm 41 the boneyard is #1 preset in my ride

63190 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by biglouie250
    few awesome tours i thought you guys should know about that im pretty pumped for. no dates have been set. Guns n Roses reunion tour announced no dates set, and yes thats axel and slash back in action. Cinderella and Poison announced a joint tour, no dates set. and the one i think im really pumped for is def leppard and journey on tour together, no dates set. the 80s arent dead.....they were just hibernating for a while!!!!! im so pumped man. thinking about growing a mullet now!!!! got the info from Sirius channel 23 (hairnation) i love that ****ing channel!!!
    I love Hairnation! Some times they play it in my gym. I'm singing along in between sets and some times during a set, but that usually throws off my count.
    I saw Dokken December 5th for $12 a ticket.
    RATT is coming Wednesday for the same price. I think I'll take that night off too!

Chookster is offline Associate Member
    rockin with dokken....have you guys watched vh1 classic its the shiz

Dokken...sweet, haven't listened to them in a while

They play them all the time on my local radio station. Only thing that pisses me off is that they play top 40 rock some times that sucks. Like Cock Rockers Nickleback.

yeah my station here does that too......El Paso....hmmm, bout 100 miles east of you there are no radio stations

Hundred miles east... Where's that, Van Horn? Just map quested it. That's 121.1 miles. Nothing but shit kicker stations out there. That's where satellite radio is worth it.

Slash isnt reuniting with GnR, i can tell you right now, check out MTV news they will tell you its all bs

Neo
    Neo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ~fuelforfire~
    Slash isnt reuniting with GnR, i can tell you right now, check out MTV news they will tell you its all bs
    I don't blame any of the members of GnR for not wanting to reunite. Axl was the @$$hole that ruined it all....

sooners04 is offline Senior Member
    The Crue is coming to Lincoln Nebraska on March 31 and I can't go cause my old lady is turning 30 and she says I have to be with her since I have seen the Crue twice. I've seen Poison and Cinderella but G'NR will NEVER make it to tour. I need to see Iron Maiden and Judas Priest to complete my '80s metal concerts.

JAYROD is offline Senior Member
    ahhh. 80's metal. gotta love it.

Logan13 is offline Banned

hairbands

awesome!

BigLittleTim is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chookster
    hell yeah hair metal rocks....xm 41 the boneyard is #1 preset in my ride
    My gym throws "The Boneyard" on at night...
    First time in a long time I've been in a gym that actually SOUNDS like a gym should.

-BigLittletim

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    Bro don't play with my emotions like that, are G n R really getting back together. I will sell my soul/house/car/gf/anything and everything for a ticket to that.

the crap they play at the gym i go to is terrible! i would love to hear some rock instead of fvckin easy listening garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by Giantz11
    Bro don't play with my emotions like that, are G n R really getting back together. I will sell my soul/house/car/gf/anything and everything for a ticket to that.
    i also heard on the radio they are in fact getting back together. yes!!!

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    BS fella's Read:

From MTV.com

Just last month, while speaking to a British radio station, Velvet Revolver guitarist Slash proclaimed that former bandmate Axl Rose's long-awaited, fabled opus Chinese Democracy would finally surface in March. Slash added that he's "always

been supportive" of Axl's work with the refurbished GN'R, and that he was glad the world would soon experience Democracy.

But things actually aren't chummy between Rose and his erstwhile GN'R comrades. They haven't been in more than a decade — not since the original members of Guns N' Roses parted ways. A statement released Monday (March 6) by Rose's management, the Sanctuary Group, called Slash's remarks "surprising" and dubbed him "a consummate press, photo and media opportunist and manipulator" who "has attacked Axl Rose on a number of levels."

On Friday Rose filed suit against Saul "Slash" Hudson, seeking a federal judge's confirmation of Rose's "ownership of his own creative works." The filing comes in response to a federal suit filed in August by Slash and bassist Duff McKagan, who accused the GN'R frontman of changing the publisher of the group's copyrighted songs without first conferring with them and then pocketing the royalties (see "Slash, Duff Sue Axl Over Guns N' Roses Publishing Royalties"). That suit claimed "Rose's actions were malicious, fraudulent and oppressive, and undertaken in conscious disregard of [Slash and Duff's] property rights."

There's no word on what financial damages, if any, last week's filing will seek.

The statement issued in the wake of the suit blasts Axl's former allies, claiming "Slash has continually made negative and malicious statements about Axl [in the press] in order to garner publicity for himself" and that both musicians have made "numerous false allegations about Axl ... [and that] Mr. Rose believes that once apprised of the true facts, the judge or jury deciding these lawsuits will rule in Axl's favor on every issue before them."

The most recent suit filed against Axl, according to the statement, "attacks [his] integrity as Slash and Duff, in a vindictive attempt to aggrandize their own stature, rewrite history through false statements, which have been repeated by the media. Their attacks on Axl stand in sharp contrast to Rose's conduct. Axl has at all times worked diligently to maintain the artistic integrity of the band by choosing with great care which properties to license Guns N' Roses songs to."

Moreover, the statement claims Slash showed up uninvited at Axl's door early one morning in October to offer a truce. "Slash came to inform Axl that: 'Duff was spineless,' '[Velvet Revolver frontman] Scott [Weiland] was a fraud,' that he 'hates [Revolver drummer] Matt Sorum' and that in this ongoing war, contest or whatever anyone wants to call it that Slash has waged against Axl for the better part of 20 years, that Axl has proven himself 'the stronger.' "

"Axl regrets having to spend time and energy on these distractions, but he has a responsibility to protect the Guns N' Roses legacy and expose the truth," Howard Weitzman, Axl's attorney, said in the statement. "Axl believes he has been left with no alternative but to respond to these lawsuits. It would have been Axl's preference to resolve disputes with Slash and Duff in private. The courthouse is not his choice of forum. However, Axl could no longer sit quietly and allow the continuing dissemination of falsehoods and half-truths by his former bandmates."

A spokesperson for Slash, McKagan and Velvet Revolver said the band had no comment.

— Chris Harris

Quote Originally Posted by 63190
    Hundred miles east... Where's that, Van Horn? Just map quested it. That's 121.1 miles. Nothing but shit kicker stations out there. That's where satellite radio is worth it.
    no dude.....like there's NO stations at all for like a hundred miles out that way. We had to drive back and forth between Dallas and Phoenix quite a few times a couple years back and i distinctly remember that

Thread Information