Alex2 is offline Senior Member

Thumbs up Australia Still The Best Place To Call Home

http://www.marketingmag.com.au/index...d=80&Itemid=80

Written by Helen Withycombe

The latest Anholt-GMI Brands Index has ranked Australia as both the number one nation and nationality.
    Australia has been officially named the world’s number one nation brand according to the Anholt-GMI Nation Brands Index (NBI). Australia has topped the charts in tourism, investment and immigration, as well as being the most popular nationality. The Anholt-GMI Nation Brands Index is the first survey to rank countries as nation brands. The NBI Index polled consumers across the globe about the cultural, political, commercial and human assets, investment potential and tourist appeal of several countries.

Australia ranks the number one brand in tourism, immigration, holiday destination and regional office location. Although Australians are the most popular employees, the stereotype apparently still rings true; Australians are laid back, friendly and not the hardest working.

Key findings of the Anholt-GMI Nation Brands Index include that other countries surveyed found Australians the friendliest, most honest and hospitable nationality, employers prefer to hire Australians, Australia is the world’s most powerful tourism brand, Australia is the world’s favourite place to invest and live, Australia’s primary export is seen to be food, John Howard’s government is seen as trustworthy, and finally, and perhaps most unexpectedly, Australia is culturally famous for its pop videos!

As Simon Anholt, the co-founder of the Index, explained the initiative behind the survey was that “Nation Brand is an important concept in today’s competitive world. Globalisation has ensured that countries must compete with each other for the attention of all stakeholders, from tourists and consumers to the media. A powerful and positive nation brand has a direct impact on the country’s ability to sell products, holidays, influence governments and people.”

For more information, or to see the full ranking of the Nation Brands Index, go to:
    http://www.nationbrandindex.com/

Prada is offline Anabolic Member
    I know a couple of people who left for Australia. Its jsut a warm laid back sort of place. I cant wait to go there in 2-3 years. Looks really cool

Kale is offline ~ Vet~ I like Thai Girls
    Proud to be an Aussie !!!!!

collar is offline Anabolic Member
    proud to be an aussie aswell..

GQ-Bouncer is offline Anabolic Member
    I wish i were aussie

Thread Information